Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - other genre
 Goa Trance
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 2

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
CandyAss

United States
471 posts
Posted - 2003/02/13 :  08:38:52  Show profile Send a private message  Visit CandyAss's homepage
Anyone else think that this stuff is absolutely crazy cool? Sometimes I think if I didn't spin hardcore I would get into psytrance. This music is crazy, I've always loved it since the psychotic beats first hit my eardrums.

CandyAss
Drew
http://www.valence2000.com
http://www.hardcorps.org

Alert moderator
strychnine
Advanced Member

Australia
2,268 posts

92 hardcore releases
strychnine has attended 2 events
Posted - 2003/02/13 :  12:16:59  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit strychnine's homepage
Yes 'tis pretty cool - I really like all those non-cheesy mind-f***y forms of trance, like goa, acid, hard-acid, etc. I especially like this subgenre that I've only ever heard two tracks of - one was the intro theme to one of my fave comedy radio shows a couple of years ago, and the other is in Ishkur's Guide To Electronic Music, under the genre name "Buttrock Goa" - it's pretty much fast goa with metal riffs laid over it. Tres cool.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Edited by - strychnine on 2003/02/13 12:20:52
Don Giovanni

Canada
290 posts

43 hardcore releases
Posted - 2003/02/13 :  13:07:11  Show profile  Send a private message
Indeed both psy trance and goa are fantastic...there is a slight difference most people don't care enough to bother knowing.

anyway ya not a lot of people spinning it here...rarely do i get to hear it at parties. :P
lot of wicked Goa n Psy Trance djs and producers worldwide though...

need to get them to winnipeg damnit

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'Together united as one indeed, WE ARE THE HARDCORE FAMILY!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Brian K
Advanced Member

United States
8,663 posts

528 hardcore releases
Brian K has attended 5 events
Posted - 2003/02/13 :  16:00:50  Show profile  Send a private message
goa needs to GoAway =P

give me some speaker tweaking hard acid techno anyday

"Cuz I'm hardcore, heavyweight, magical man."

strychnine
Advanced Member

Australia
2,268 posts

92 hardcore releases
Posted - 2003/02/13 :  16:44:49  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit strychnine's homepage
I hear what you're saying re hard acid tech (I like hard acid in general =P), but goa is not without its charm.

saintberry

Australia
358 posts
Posted - 2003/02/13 :  17:12:08  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit saintberry's homepage
goa and psy are TOTALLY different, but yeah

i love them both almost as much as HHC

the only thing that sucks about goa or psy trance is its HELL hard to get it on 12". this is cos of bushdoofs, eveything gets soo ditry and sooo dusty vinyl isnt really used. so all the psy labels just dont get pressings done.

sucks for me cos i dont have CD decks, even tho ive got over 2000 psy/goa tracks on CD i cant play em :'(

so after new mixer, new amp and new speakers - the denon S5000 will be mine

mwahahah!

SpeedPhreak

Denmark
27 posts
Posted - 2003/02/13 :  17:12:52  Show profile  Send a private message
Goa kicks ass! Try putting on some goa at high volume and then go to sleep! I promise you, that you will dream the craziest tings.
Groups like ‘Infected mushroom’, ’Shiva’, ‘Hallucinogen’, ‘KoxBox’ and ‘Shiva Sidapu’, are highly recommended.

\The SpeedPhreak

(¯`·.¸(¯`·.¸ HardCoreRulers¸.·´¯)¸.·´¯)

strychnine
Advanced Member

Australia
2,268 posts

92 hardcore releases
Posted - 2003/02/13 :  17:18:17  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit strychnine's homepage
I have this one psytrance CD somewhere in my collection that I've only ever played once ... just before bed. Now I go into seizures at the very sight of it.

saintberry

Australia
358 posts
Posted - 2003/02/13 :  17:23:57  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit saintberry's homepage
there all psy trance dude - goa is dark, hard, minimal and mostly progressive

psy can be anything depending if its full on or chill

if you put on goa, and fall asleep, be afraid, be very afraid of your dreams ;)

goa artists are ppl like

Mr. Peculiar (be warned, very freaky!)
Goa Gil
Psychopod
The Nommos
Multiplex
Authentik
Technossomy
Aerodance

personally i much prefer and mix psy, astral, infected shroom, cosmosis etc etc

but goa in its own right has a power that no other form of music has, @ a bush doof i playing hard driving evil shit for 8hours strait - no breakdowns, can easily keep me dancing the whole time, no other music has that power over me

weba_d
Advanced Member

Australia
789 posts
weba_d has attended 1 event
Posted - 2003/02/13 :  18:12:32  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit weba_d's homepage
where i live (byron Bay) the music culture around here is full on goa and psy trance, they run stinky doofs out in the bush around here all the time..

I get written off about hhc up here, no-one knows it, no-one likes it, im 1 of the few lone members who has a passion for hardcore

I dont mind goa and psy, the only reason i got into hardcore is cos i thought the music played at doofs was to slow..

i have heaps of psy lying around, think i mite chuck one on!

WEBA D

saintberry

Australia
358 posts
Posted - 2003/02/13 :  19:45:16  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit saintberry's homepage
sweet im keen to go up to byron for some mad doofing action (i love doofs, hate the hippies tho - how crazy are those hippies that take their kiddies to doofs and make em dance barefoot :O - i always act less mashed round those ppl)

anyway tis good to know there is a hhc man up there to represent! - i rkn psy and hhc go well together *shrug* i love to hear both in the night, and soon when i put on some partys thats whats gonna happen :)

ive got psy on right now - yahel and infected mushroom live in japan - tops set, oh and for those aussie psy heads, INFECTED SHROOM IS COMING TO AUSTRALIA (again)

17th of april melbourne, 19th in sydney - cant wait!

junglist_angel

Belgium
321 posts
Posted - 2003/02/13 :  20:41:51  Show profile  Send a private message
I love Goa!
Yeah, it's nothing like Hardcore, but it's great all the same. Lot's of trippy sounds and noizes.
It's nice music to take Ketamine or acid with. Very intense trips that take you far. Not that I am saying you have to, but yeah, it's nice from time to time, not always.

CandyAss

United States
471 posts
Posted - 2003/02/13 :  21:21:17  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CandyAss's homepage
strychnine: Yeah man, I know that sample from Ishkur! We need more Buttrock Goa producers!

everyone saying there's a difference between goa and psytrance: I'm not claiming there isn't, but would you please care to elaborate. I've heard many explanations and none that have convinced me that it isn't the same thing (or so damn similar there's no need for separation).

CandyAss
Drew

saintberry

Australia
358 posts
Posted - 2003/02/13 :  23:47:36  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit saintberry's homepage
goa is - darker, more minimal (less sounds), usually faster, less breakdowns (pretty much a steady kick right through the song), a less refined sound (its very 'dirty' and not as produced).

they are similar no doubt, think of it like 96' style cheese and the more trancy sound of today in regards to hardcore. Goa being the older stuff and psy the newer sounds.

and yep, K, DXM, N02, LSD, shrooms, GHB etc etc, all go great with psy

or so ive heard, not that ive done any of those :P *dars eyes*

Edited by - saintberry on 2003/02/13 23:52:11
saintberry

Australia
358 posts
Posted - 2003/02/13 :  23:51:02  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit saintberry's homepage
oh oh oh and Goa is VERY progressive, bassicly to get you into a 'trance like state' and thinking about the music, noting else

starts of driving and hard, very basic, and gradually brings in beats every 64bars or so with many an effect. builds up to the main synth or in the longer songs multipe synth lines, then peaks and starts to break down what has been built to again basic beats.

GREAT STUFF TO MIX, you can have so much fun with it, you get lost in the music and basically think your in your own little world mixing psy and goa, well thats what i find :P

CandyAss

United States
471 posts
Posted - 2003/02/14 :  01:55:01  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CandyAss's homepage
Ah, I see. Like how people call the old stuff jungle and the new stuff drum n' bass, when one is basically an evolution of the other, but still basically the same. I have CDs that say Goa on them and some that say Psytrance and I guess I can kinda' see what you're saying about the darkness and the beats every 64 bars, but they still both sound very similar to me

CandyAss
Drew

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 2 pages long: 1  2
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.94 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page