Total online 1865
 Radio listeners 188+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Hardcore Underground 7 Lineup Out Now!!!
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 4

Author Thread  
CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2015/03/18 :  19:19:34  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage  Reply with quote
I haven't even started going through submissions yet. Am doing so on Saturday onwards

CDJay

Alert moderator Go to top of page
djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2015/03/18 :  20:12:32  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage  Reply with quote
August it is then...

Thumpa
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,600 posts
Thumpa is verified hardcore artist Thumpa has attended 81 events
Posted - 2015/03/18 :  20:18:25  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit Thumpa's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by versia:
The problem is that for the last decade, compilations like Bonkers and HU were freeform's life support, until Bonkers faded away and Thumpa's CDs came along. Now, freeform isn't exactly dying on it's right now but unless something is done in the creative department, for the UK scene at least, I can't see how ravers will continue to lap up some of the warm diarrhea that labels like Stamina and Rebuild put out. A lot of the tracks recently just seem to be Trance Arp + 303 = Freeform(?), which is really worrying. Kevin Energy's new EP was a positive sign though, at least it offered something different - something that was simultaniously a blast from the past with it's trancecore/big kick vibe and a positive look to what freeform could possibly be in the future.

Luna-C's article from the start of the year seems to be ever more relevent with each new release - As much as UK Hardcore needs like 3 more S3RLs and 5 more JAKAZiD's, freeform is in dire need of 4 more Alek Szahala's and 3 more Le-Dos On's.

Rant over.

Did you buy Ain't No Grave? It was 33 tracks and one of the most varied albums I've released! I take massive offence to the label being called 'warm diarrhoea' when I release stuff across the board, from Alek Szahala and Qygen psy/FINRG style stuff to jD-KiD and Douglas euphoric dancefloor stuff to big kickdrum trancecorey stuff like Olly Addictive, +12V and Little Fella to Strife II and Betwixt & Between ambient stuff and beyond. The label doesn't have a particular style and both Alek and Le Dos-on have featured heavily on my last few albums, so I'm not sure where you're coming from. I have pushed and nurtured new artists like Aryx and jD-KiD and encouraged them to make different sounding stuff, so I am really confused over who you think makes 'warm diarrhoea'.

I release 8 albums with the most varied music in hardcore and you call it warm diarrhoea and Kev releases 2 tracks and you bum the shit out of it, absolutely shocking behaviour. I have got a lot of respect for Kev and he is one of the reasons I started my label but Nu Energy and the sub labels were always dancefloor orientated and not the deepest of freeform sounds, so if you think ReBuild is diarrhoea then I dread to think what you think of labels like Nu Energy, Relentless Vinyl etc.

The problem with people into freeform is they don't realise how delicate this music is. If ReBuild and Stamina decided to **** it all off and stop releasing music the freeform movement would take a huge hit. No one hits that high standard as much as we do and no one is there to push these artists as much as we do. Who gets the deeper freeform played at big raves like HTID, Westfest etc? We do! You can call it warm diarrhoea if you want but I think you're in the minority.

It also pisses me off that you go on about Kev's new EP but have blatantly ignored the fact that I've been releasing tough sounding freeform with big kicks since the label started. Do your research first dickhead.

Cyrax
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
623 posts
Cyrax has attended 9 events
Posted - 2015/03/18 :  20:27:43  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Cyrax's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by wong:
no freeform? good, keep that shit away

You're could'nt be more Wong

wong
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,991 posts
Posted - 2015/03/18 :  20:51:02  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit wong's homepage  Reply with quote
i'm never wong. always wight

versia
Average Member

Australia
180 posts
Posted - 2015/03/18 :  20:54:49  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit versia's homepage  Reply with quote
so this comment blew up, and a few people have noted were i reffered to my comment on rebuild and stanima. it was obviously the wrong choice of words to use and you've (Thumpa) clearly took offence to it, so if you were offended, i apologise for that. i know you work hard on your albums, and i do like most of the tracks on them and i know they're varied in sound and artist choice! it was just something stupid i said in the rush of discussing something that i am only as passionate about as you. we all say stupid shit, you know that...

but as for my actual core argument, it's still unchanged.

my comment was not really about the state of the scene NOW, just as was Luna-C's article not really about the UK Hardcore scene NOW. it was about the longgevity of the uk FF scene, say, in the next five years. where is the uk freeform sound going? to me, a lot of the newer uk releases just sound like a lot of the old nu energy tracks, just with higher production values. that's why kev's new ep was for me such a breath of fresh air - it took the current uk sound and pulled it in different directions. it was the sound of an artist having a particular sound instead of a scene as a whole.

thats what i want to see more of in the uk scene, artist driven sounds and flavors instead of scene driven sounds and flavors.

Edited by - versia on 2015/03/18 20:55:25
latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2015/03/18 :  21:14:03  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage  Reply with quote
Versia what is this Kevin Energy EP that you keep fisting yourself over? Anyone have any previews of it?

arpz
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,267 posts
arpz has attended 22 events
Posted - 2015/03/18 :  21:34:59  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit arpz's homepage  Reply with quote
I just felt like chiming back in by saying that the more diverse mixes containing freeform elements will probably be brilliant, if the DJs are all prepared to play those kind of tracks in a mix then I'm sure it'll work well and might make the overall (i.e, the rest of hardcore) sound more interesting in time. I'm up for it

danielseven

Italy
350 posts
danielseven has attended 4 events
Posted - 2015/03/18 :  21:38:19  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit danielseven's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
so this comment blew up, and a few people have noted were i reffered to my comment on rebuild and stanima. it was obviously the wrong choice of words to use and you've (Thumpa) clearly took offence to it, so if you were offended, i apologise for that. i know you work hard on your albums, and i do like most of the tracks on them and i know they're varied in sound and artist choice! it was just something stupid i said in the rush of discussing something that i am only as passionate about as you. we all say stupid shit, you know that...

my comment was not really about the state of the scene NOW, just as was Luna-C's article not really about the UK Hardcore scene NOW. it was about the longgevity of the uk FF scene, say, in the next five years. where is the uk freeform sound going? to me, a lot of the newer uk releases just sound like a lot of the old nu energy tracks, just with higher production values. that's why kev's new ep was for me such a breath of fresh air - it took the current uk sound and pulled it in different directions. it was the sound of an artist having a particular sound instead of a scene as a whole.

thats what i want to see more of in the uk scene, artist driven sounds and flavors instead of scene driven sounds and flavors.

Man, do you even read what you write? "warm diarrhoea"

Think 7 times before posting something on a public forum.

Edited by - danielseven on 2015/03/18 21:40:44
Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,073 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2015/03/19 :  07:30:18  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by danielseven:
quote:

Man, do you even read what you write? "warm diarrhoea"

Think 7 times before posting something on a public forum.

What? and let us lose the only bit of fun we have? :P

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2015/03/20 :  16:13:43  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage  Reply with quote
Just been listening to Darwin, CLSM & Nu Foundation's HU3 mix.

I have no worries whatsoever about HU7 being able to incorporate all styles on 3 CD'S - after all, they did it on one!

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2015/03/20 :  18:22:43  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by djDMS:
Just been listening to Darwin, CLSM & Nu Foundation's HU3 mix.

I have no worries whatsoever about HU7 being able to incorporate all styles on 3 CD'S - after all, they did it on one!

Yup, same with the 3rd CD in HU2! Fracus and Darwin have never had any problems finding a great way to incorporate so many styles of hardcore on one disc. I imagine that Al Storm and Shimamura won't have that problem either.

Bad Corey
Average Member

United States
235 posts
Posted - 2015/03/21 :  00:46:08  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Bad Corey's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by CDJay:
I haven't even started going through submissions yet. Am doing so on Saturday onwards

CDJay

Submitted a track. :) Hope you like it.

Bad Corey
Average Member

United States
235 posts
Posted - 2015/03/21 :  01:09:37  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Bad Corey's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bad Corey:
quote:
Originally posted by CDJay:

CDJay

Submitted a track. Hope you like it.

Craigavon raver
Advanced Member

Ireland
2,207 posts
Craigavon raver has attended 1 event
Posted - 2015/04/03 :  21:19:26  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Craigavon raver's homepage  Reply with quote
Looking forward to this especially to see what scott brown & chris fear and al storm & shimamura mixes throw up, bring on the track list

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 4 pages long: 1  2  3  4
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.27 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page