SoundArea
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 2

Author Thread  
toml123

United Kingdom
65 posts
Posted - 2015/04/13 :  17:51:52  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit toml123's homepage  Reply with quote
?16 new ?2 used? i know which id buy if i didnt have it :p

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Elipton
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,268 posts
Elipton has attended 2 events
Posted - 2015/04/13 :  19:26:51  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elipton's homepage  Reply with quote
If you're gonna buy an album from CEX or Cash Converters, you may as well download it. I severely doubt the legality of selling an album second hand anyway.. Surely it's music sharing, whereby the agent profits.

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2015/04/13 :  19:27:03  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by toml123:
Soundarea was a music sharing site not a piracy site.

While its initial intent was to be a legal file-sharing site, it sounds like it eventually turned into a piracy site.

If you paid a subscription to it, what exactly were you downloading with that subscription, and was the site paying royalties to producers and labels? Because if it wasn't, then that is illegal and even if you make the tracks available for free if someone is out there making a profit off of your tracks without compensating you in any way then that label/producer has rights to go after the site for making profit off of their work without proper compensation.

Edited by - latininxtc on 2015/04/13 20:50:34
Impulse_Response
Advanced Member

United States
724 posts
Impulse_Response has attended 1 event
Posted - 2015/04/13 :  19:53:36  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Impulse_Response's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Elipton:
If you're gonna buy an album from CEX or Cash Converters, you may as well download it. I severely doubt the legality of selling an album second hand anyway.. Surely it's music sharing, whereby the agent profits.

Really? In the US we have the first sale doctrine. Is there no similar rule in the UK?

Elipton
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,268 posts
Elipton has attended 2 events
Posted - 2015/04/13 :  20:56:34  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elipton's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Advather:
quote:
Originally posted by Elipton:

Really? In the US we have the first sale doctrine. Is there no similar rule in the UK?

Maybe, but what worth is it if the money's not in the label's pocket? You don't support music any more by buying from a second-hand store than you do by downloading it. Of course if it's a new release, you should buy the product to support the label.

Elliott
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,137 posts
Posted - 2015/04/13 :  23:53:30  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elliott's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by latininxtc:
quote:
Originally posted by toml123:
Soundarea was a music sharing site not a piracy site.

While its initial intent was to be a legal file-sharing site, it sounds like it eventually turned into a piracy site.

If you paid a subscription to it, what exactly were you downloading with that subscription, and was the site paying royalties to producers and labels? Because if it wasn't, then that is illegal and even if you make the tracks available for free if someone is out there making a profit off of your tracks without compensating you in any way then that label/producer has rights to go after the site for making profit off of their work without proper compensation.

It was/is, yeah. I remember pirating plenty of shit on there back when anyone could sign up and it was just a regular filesharing forum. I don't remember it being legit at any time.

trippnface
Advanced Member

United States
1,654 posts
trippnface has attended 21 events
Posted - 2015/04/14 :  17:27:52  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit trippnface's homepage  Reply with quote
that's why producers need to be good djs to.
people are going to share music in this day & age; incredibly easy; at this point what is important is that they have talent and people DO share their music. then get booked! smash a killer show and everyone will know who you are; and prob buy your shit then too. you are set. with multiple party throwers in multiple states ; different countries; it must equal more profit and glory than expecting to get paid by cd/digital?

i would hope the fans in our scene do support the artists and purchase as much as you can; but just sharing and the publicity of becoming known is worth more than everyone purchasing imo.

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 2 pages long: 1  2
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 0.47 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page