Page: 
of 8

Author Thread  
Cyrax
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
623 posts
Cyrax has attended 9 events
Posted - 2015/05/31 :  21:26:49  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Cyrax's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by trippnface:
quote:
Originally posted by latininxtc:
The lineup released so far:

Phase 1- in alphabetical order
Brisk (England)
Dougal (England)
DUNE (Germany)
Hixxy (England)
Ian K (Seattle)
M-Project (Japan)
Nanobii (Sweden)
No Left Turn (San Fran)
Partyraiser (Holland)
Saiyan (Canada)
Scott Brown (Scotland)
Slipmatt (England)
The Doctor (Scotland)
Weaver (Australia)
Vinylgroover (England)

Never really cared much for Weaver's productions and haven't heard any new material from him so it will be interesting to hear him play. And Vinylgroover was a bit of a surprise to see, but I think he'll be playing an old skool set which will be sweet! Just hope he's not playing any of the awful hard dance he's produced.

Who's The Doctor? And Nanobii?

So far great lineup can't wait for the rest of it to come out!

freakin slipmatt <3333

The Doctor usually plays Gabber AFAIK!

Alert moderator Go to top of page
wong
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,991 posts
Posted - 2015/06/01 :  04:29:54  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit wong's homepage  Reply with quote
the doctor is darren hotchkiss' dad

skankineddie666

United States
98 posts
Posted - 2015/06/09 :  19:08:49  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit skankineddie666's homepage  Reply with quote
Has anyone checked out the venue??? I used google maps to look it up and it looks like $#!T. Don't know what it looks like on the inside but the surrounding area is full of factories and abandon warehouses. Looks like the perfect set up for a mass murder ... just saying....

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2015/06/09 :  20:24:03  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by skankineddie666:
Has anyone checked out the venue??? I used google maps to look it up and it looks like $#!T. Don't know what it looks like on the inside but the surrounding area is full of factories and abandon warehouses. Looks like the perfect set up for a mass murder ... just saying....

Well sorry to hear that the venue is not to your privileged liking and doesn't match up to the world-class clubbing and raving venues of Alaska.

In case you didn't know, this is a typical venue at a lot of rave events in the US that don't cater to the more mainstream styles of electronic music. Also, having the venue in a more secluded area ensures there isn't a noise issue with surrounding neighborhoods. The first rave I went to in Toronto was held at a kart racing facility in the middle of nowhere. Smart decision too because the bass was ridiculously loud and the event would have been shut down by authorities if there were residential buildings close to it.

And it's not like this venue has no experience in hosting events. The Stratus Event Center has a facebook page, and it looks as though it caters more to the Latino (immigrant) community. Check out a few pics of the inside of the venue.

https://www.facebook.com/StratusEventCenter

Impulse_Response
Advanced Member

United States
724 posts
Impulse_Response has attended 1 event
Posted - 2015/06/09 :  20:30:54  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Impulse_Response's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:

That's what I thought when I went to my first two real raves. The first was Technicolor 2 is some rundown patch on the edge of downtown Houston, and the other (my first hardcore event) was Hardcore Essentials 2 is some crappy area outside of downtown Nashville. I didn't really care though; I was excited to finally attend some events. Too bad Hardcore Essentials 2 turned out to be crap.

trippnface
Advanced Member

United States
1,654 posts
trippnface has attended 21 events
Posted - 2015/06/09 :  21:16:18  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit trippnface's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:

those are the best places for parties ;)
granted usually such places are reserved for unpermitted parties....
but **** it !! from the sounds of it the venue itself seems to be the best one we have gotten to party in over there

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
Posted - 2015/06/09 :  21:52:16  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Advather:
quote:

That's what I thought when I went to my first two real raves. The first was Technicolor 2 is some rundown patch on the edge of downtown Houston, and the other (my first hardcore event) was Hardcore Essentials 2 is some crappy area outside of downtown Nashville. I didn't really care though; I was excited to finally attend some events. Too bad Hardcore Essentials 2 turned out to be crap.

I've never been to the Villians venue in Houston, which is not too far from the Houston Dynamo (soccer/football) stadium. I'm surprised they haven't used Meridian again, which is farther south along the same street. First time i went there they managed to put 4 different rooms and it was pretty sweet. 2nd time I went there to see Gammer, it seemed like they downsized, and the A/C totally wasn't working so I wouldn't be surprised if someone died of a heatstroke there.

And I've been to Avenue 9 and the venue was actually a dance studio. Saw Kevin Energy he first played his hard dance set in the smaller room and we went into the "VIP" room and upstairs there were windows to see down to the main room. Was pretty cool. The main room was big enough for the crowd.

What I didn't like about the event is that it was all ages for the most part. At around 11:45 though they kicked out all the minors thankfully. And some of the DJs played a bit too much off-the-wall stuff. But my friends and I didn't really see the rest of the DJs we only went there to see Kevin and hung out with him between sets and after until the 4 of us called it a night. But that's not much at all different from most other scenes in the US, the community is fueled by themselves and there's no money to bring in more than one headliner. Some of the events barely break even.

Impulse_Response
Advanced Member

United States
724 posts
Impulse_Response has attended 1 event
Posted - 2015/06/09 :  22:11:40  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Impulse_Response's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:
quote:

I've never been to the Villians venue in Houston, which is not too far from the Houston Dynamo (soccer/football) stadium. I'm surprised they haven't used Meridian again, which is farther south along the same street. First time i went there they managed to put 4 different rooms and it was pretty sweet. 2nd time I went there to see Gammer, it seemed like they downsized, and the A/C totally wasn't working so I wouldn't be surprised if someone died of a heatstroke there.

And I've been to Avenue 9 and the venue was actually a dance studio. Saw Kevin Energy he first played his hard dance set in the smaller room and we went into the "VIP" room and upstairs there were windows to see down to the main room. Was pretty cool. The main room was big enough for the crowd.

What I didn't like about the event is that it was all ages for the most part. At around 11:45 though they kicked out all the minors thankfully. And some of the DJs played a bit too much off-the-wall stuff. But my friends and I didn't really see the rest of the DJs we only went there to see Kevin and hung out with him between sets and after until the 4 of us called it a night. But that's not much at all different from most other scenes in the US, the community is fueled by themselves and there's no money to bring in more than one headliner. Some of the events barely break even.

Well as I've said before I don't have a problem with the minors and I think it's great that they can get some exposure to the music as well, though it was kind of awkward having that 4 year old or whatever hanging around. I didn't think they kicked out the minors though. They just said that if they left before a certain time they had to have a parent pick them up, though they didn't actually enforce that.

My problem with Hardcore Essentials 2 was the sound system. It sounded like nothing but awful subs, and the whole night (in both rooms) it was nothing but BBBVBBVVVBVBVVBVBV, nothing but overwhelming rumbly bass. I couldn't hear any melody or lyrics at all. I think anyone who goes through the trouble to put together an event and then makes it sound like complete crap has no business putting an event together and charging for entry. My friend and I spent money on tickets for the event and plane tickets to fly there and it was total crap.

It makes me wonder if that sort of sound is normal at these events. I won't be able to go to HTID Phoenix, but I hope for those who do that they have a proper sound setup.

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
Posted - 2015/06/09 :  23:09:01  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Well as I've said before I don't have a problem with the minors and I think it's great that they can get some exposure to the music as well, though it was kind of awkward having that 4 year old or whatever hanging around. I didn't think they kicked out the minors though. They just said that if they left before a certain time they had to have a parent pick them up, though they didn't actually enforce that.

My problem with Hardcore Essentials 2 was the sound system. It sounded like nothing but awful subs, and the whole night (in both rooms) it was nothing but BBBVBBVVVBVBVVBVBV, nothing but overwhelming rumbly bass. I couldn't hear any melody or lyrics at all. I think anyone who goes through the trouble to put together an event and then makes it sound like complete crap has no business putting an event together and charging for entry. My friend and I spent money on tickets for the event and plane tickets to fly there and it was total crap.

It makes me wonder if that sort of sound is normal at these events. I won't be able to go to HTID Phoenix, but I hope for those who do that they have a proper sound setup.

Unfortunately the US has an infatuation with a ridiculous amount of bass and I despise the events here because of that. I don't remember bass being an issue in Nashville when I went. It was a bit of an issue here in Houston when I went to see Gammer. But the worst issue I had with bass was in Toronto over 2 years ago at the Kart racing venue. Thankfully when I went to Toronto this past December they had the event at the Opera House, and the sound was amazing.

AoS_Lorenzo

United States
79 posts
Posted - 2015/07/07 :  11:43:08  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit AoS_Lorenzo's homepage  Reply with quote
I'll be there unless my health issues I'm dealing with prevent me from going. So many people to meet!

trippnface
Advanced Member

United States
1,654 posts
trippnface has attended 21 events
Posted - 2015/07/07 :  16:06:22  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit trippnface's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by AoS_Lorenzo:
I'll be there unless my health issues I'm dealing with prevent me from going. So many people to meet!

sweet i was gunna ask if you gunna make it.
best wishes dude; hope to see you there with some of these other peeps :)

_Jay_
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,868 posts
_Jay_ has attended 41 events
Posted - 2015/07/07 :  16:09:35  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit _Jay_'s homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by wong:

Is that true?!

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
Posted - 2015/07/07 :  16:26:00  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by _Jay_:
quote:

Is that true?!

I looked it up awhile back and yea it's true!

Cyrax
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
623 posts
Cyrax has attended 9 events
Posted - 2015/07/08 :  07:51:36  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Cyrax's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by _Jay_:
quote:

Is that true?!

No Jay it's actually his Mum

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
Posted - 2015/07/08 :  20:06:55  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage  Reply with quote
Booked my flight for this! And thankfully due to Expedia points and United Airlines miles, my round-trip fair will only cost me $6 USD! I've got a friend with a spare room in PHX so I'll be crashing there and not have to worry about hotel costs, now all I need to do is buy my ticket for the event.

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 8 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.94 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page