Printer friendly
Page: 
of 8

Author Thread  
Triquatra

United Kingdom
12,635 posts
Triquatra is a site donation subscriber Triquatra has attended 26 events
Posted - 2015/05/11 :  10:05:23  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Triquatra's homepage  Reply with quote

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Captain Triceps
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,184 posts
Posted - 2015/05/11 :  12:37:51  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Captain Triceps's homepage  Reply with quote
I'm not so totally daft to think those places are actually as I described and nothing else. They just never seemed like 'ravey' places, despite (particularly Texas) being cunting massive.

https://soundcloud.com/paulbradley1982

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2015/05/11 :  15:31:24  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest:
dallas has lap dancing bars
houston has bars that dont sell alcohol

lol please tell me who's giving you this misinformation. So I can be a stereotypical Texan and shoot him.

Houston and Dallas both have titty bars and both have bars that serve alcohol. Houston even has these 'massage' parlors that are loosely regulated, which they shouldn't be. If the place doesn't serve alcohol, then it's not really a bar is it? The only type of 'bar' I can think of that doesn't serve alcohol is a hookah bar, or a hookah lounge.

In order for you to be able to legally serve alcohol at any facility in the US you have to have a proper license. If you don't have that license and you get caught selling alcohol, you're in serious trouble. And every state's last call policy is different, but here in Texas bars, clubs and restaurants are prohibited from selling alcohol between 2am and 12pm. These facilities can stay open after 2am but they can't legally sell alcohol after that time. I've been to a few clubs that have though.

Now there are counties in Texas and other states that are completely dry counties, meaning you can't buy alcohol anywhere within county limits. You can bring it in for your personal use, but you have to drink it on your own property and you cannot sell it. Most of those dry counties are up north on the panhandle where no one really gives a shit about those Texans.

quote:
Originally posted by Claxton:
Is the US definitely a first world country?

Of course it is. Just because not every square inch of the US looks and feels like a 1st world country does not take away the fact that it is. I've seen pics and videos of some UK, especially England spots, and they're downright shadier and more 3rd worldy looking than what I've seen here in the US.

quote:
Originally posted by Captain Triceps:
I'm not so totally daft to think those places are actually as I described and nothing else. They just never seemed like 'ravey' places, despite (particularly Texas) being ****ing massive.

To be honest you wouldn't think that a place like Phoenix is either, or even Seattle. But they're more ravey than probably Chicago and even NYC. I never hear of actual raves in either of these 2, but you do hear of the large festivals, which many people don't count as the same thing. Remember most raves are there as a stance against the mainstream. So it's kind of fitting to have rave scenes in places like Phoenix, Seattle, Houston and even Dallas.

Texas' rave scenes as a whole has weakened though. There are still some promoters dishing out events in the Dallas area. It's died down a bit here in Houston. But we lost all our lesser mainstream large festivals in Texas. We had a few EDCs here, one of which I remember was back in like 2001 when the event wasn't so mainstream.

trippnface
Advanced Member

United States
1,654 posts
trippnface has attended 21 events
Posted - 2015/05/11 :  15:44:41  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit trippnface's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:

of course; look how our terrorist government ravages the less fortunate nations and attempts to spread its vile imperialism and false democracy to all corners of the Earth. only a first world country can do that!

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,072 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2015/05/11 :  16:39:10  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
"You have oil, we have democracy. Wanna trade?"

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

trippnface
Advanced Member

United States
1,654 posts
Posted - 2015/05/11 :  17:36:59  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit trippnface's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
"You have oil, we have democracy. Wanna trade?"

case in point .
"trade"
lol

back to texas and hardcore before i become a rabid dog on US ineffective policies ! lol

full metal jacket is so relevant
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Z7rTnShxPo

Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,511 posts
Posted - 2015/05/11 :  22:13:04  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Guest's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by latininxtc:
quote:

lol please tell me who's giving you this misinformation. So I can be a stereotypical Texan and shoot him.

Houston and Dallas both have titty bars and both have bars that serve alcohol. Houston even has these 'massage' parlors that are loosely regulated, which they shouldn't be. If the place doesn't serve alcohol, then it's not really a bar is it? The only type of 'bar' I can think of that doesn't serve alcohol is a hookah bar, or a hookah lounge.

In order for you to be able to legally serve alcohol at any facility in the US you have to have a proper license. If you don't have that license and you get caught selling alcohol, you're in serious trouble. And every state's last call policy is different, but here in Texas bars, clubs and restaurants are prohibited from selling alcohol between 2am and 12pm. These facilities can stay open after 2am but they can't legally sell alcohol after that time. I've been to a few clubs that have though.

Now there are counties in Texas and other states that are completely dry counties, meaning you can't buy alcohol anywhere within county limits. You can bring it in for your personal use, but you have to drink it on your own property and you cannot sell it. Most of those dry counties are up north on the panhandle where no one really gives a shit about those Texans.

quote:

Of course it is. Just because not every square inch of the US looks and feels like a 1st world country does not take away the fact that it is. I've seen pics and videos of some UK, especially England spots, and they're downright shadier and more 3rd worldy looking than what I've seen here in the US.

quote:
I'm not so totally daft to think those places are actually as I described and nothing else. They just never seemed like 'ravey' places, despite (particularly Texas) being ****ing massive.

To be honest you wouldn't think that a place like Phoenix is either, or even Seattle. But they're more ravey than probably Chicago and even NYC. I never hear of actual raves in either of these 2, but you do hear of the large festivals, which many people don't count as the same thing. Remember most raves are there as a stance against the mainstream. So it's kind of fitting to have rave scenes in places like Phoenix, Seattle, Houston and even Dallas.

Texas' rave scenes as a whole has weakened though. There are still some promoters dishing out events in the Dallas area. It's died down a bit here in Houston. But we lost all our lesser mainstream large festivals in Texas. We had a few EDCs here, one of which I remember was back in like 2001 when the event wasn't so mainstream.

houston normally gets a photo uploaded of a queue outside a bar going all the way up the street and it dont even server alcohol on metal forums Vs dallas and Ex pantera tittie bar

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
Posted - 2015/05/11 :  23:53:25  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:
quote:

quote:

quote:

houston normally gets a photo uploaded of a queue outside a bar going all the way up the street and it dont even server alcohol on metal forums Vs dallas and Ex pantera tittie bar

It's probably because of the Houston/Dallas feud that these pics are meant to belittle my city. Direct link to the forum please???

DjZelous
Advanced Member

United States
553 posts
Posted - 2015/05/12 :  00:51:52  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DjZelous's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
if it wasnt expensive to travel to the US I might wanna try.

Also, i presume you need to get alot of stuff "cleared" before entering the country right? it's not like "only getting a flight ticket and your in"?

I think if you have your visa and passport you'll be able to pass (I think)

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
Posted - 2015/05/12 :  02:22:03  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by DjZelous:
quote:
if it wasnt expensive to travel to the US I might wanna try.

Also, i presume you need to get alot of stuff "cleared" before entering the country right? it's not like "only getting a flight ticket and your in"?

I think if you have your visa and passport you'll be able to pass (I think)

If he's coming from Europe a passport should be fine. There's a Visitor Waiver Program and Sweden is listed as one of the countries participating. Here's some more info:

http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/visit/visa-waiver-program.html

Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,511 posts
Posted - 2015/05/12 :  11:10:57  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Guest's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

quote:

quote:

It's probably because of the Houston/Dallas feud that these pics are meant to belittle my city. Direct link to the forum please???

it happens on a few forums, the forum http://www.metalinjection.net/ was taken down, but its the main place to get your videos etc

djchexmixer

United States
363 posts
djchexmixer has attended 1 event
Posted - 2015/05/14 :  01:46:07  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djchexmixer's homepage  Reply with quote
woot! Thanks for the post! Did not know! I am so going.

Happy Dance Fusion Vol. 2:
https://soundcloud.com/dj-cruelcore-neo/happy-dance-fusion-vol-2

skankineddie666

United States
98 posts
Posted - 2015/05/14 :  03:56:32  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit skankineddie666's homepage  Reply with quote
Wait who's really down to go? I actually live in Yuma, AZ which is only 3 hour drive to Phoenix. If the line up is good I'd be down to meet up with anyone else going.

trippnface
Advanced Member

United States
1,654 posts
Posted - 2015/05/14 :  14:17:42  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit trippnface's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by skankineddie666:
Wait who's really down to go? I actually live in Yuma, AZ which is only 3 hour drive to Phoenix. If the line up is good I'd be down to meet up with anyone else going.

driven to phoenix for hardcore parties before; no way in hell i am missing our greatest party yet ;). still waiting to accomplish the fabled hhc.com meetup. got a buddy in sf we been to the same party ,multiple times and still never met up >.>. prob goes for a few people haha.

Bad Corey
Average Member

United States
235 posts
Posted - 2015/05/14 :  17:09:18  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Bad Corey's homepage  Reply with quote
Me and at least 5 other people are flying out from Chicago, so I mean take that as you will.

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 8 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.21 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page