Do Americans Like Hardcore yet???
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 3

Author Thread  
junglist_angel

Belgium
321 posts
Posted - 2003/02/22 :  11:54:02  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
you know, with a country as big as America, it's never really fair to make such broad statements. One city or town may be completly different from another. There are many different musical scenes in America. Some are just smaller than others, but they still exist.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
hooverlover

United Kingdom
321 posts
Posted - 2003/02/22 :  12:15:57  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
true and hey juglist angel, what's the scene like in belgium? I wanna know that too, is belgium near germany? I'm real crap at geography really but if you are near there you must be a thunderdome fan for ages :o) I've just become a thunderdome fan - i wish I was there when it was happening tho (around 1995) at hey USA-You got any thunderdome albums?

I think UK garage is crap IMO

junglist_angel

Belgium
321 posts
Posted - 2003/02/22 :  12:37:21  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by hooverlover:
true and hey juglist angel, what's the scene like in belgium? I wanna know that too, is belgium near germany? I'm real crap at geography really but if you are near there you must be a thunderdome fan for ages :o) I've just become a thunderdome fan - i wish I was there when it was happening tho (around 1995) at hey USA-You got any thunderdome albums?

mmm... the hardcore scene here is dominated by mostly skinheads. I've tried to go to a few parties & have always gotten kicked out very rudely before I could even enter. All because I don't have a shaved head, so that means I'm not like them and can't possibly listen to hardcore. Although I have never actually been to a Thunderdome event, so I can't say it's like that for them as well for certain.
I used to listen to Thunderdome quite a lot. In fact, thunderdome was the first hardcore CD I ever baught. I was 12 then
But yeah, people here have never even heard of happy hardcore though. Sad ain't it?

virus
Advanced Member

Canada
4,346 posts

716 hardcore releases
virus has attended 41 events
Posted - 2003/02/22 :  12:42:43  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit virus's homepage  Reply with quote
i bought the first bonkers cd, but after that, all my music money went to vinyl :)

Simon
Advanced Member

Belgium
5,001 posts
Simon has donated money to the site Simon has attended 5 events
Posted - 2003/02/22 :  12:45:23  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Simon's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by virus:
i bought the first bonkers cd, but after that, all my music money went to vinyl :)

You got the best one then and the one that sells for the most money aswell .

Everything is random, your probebly not meant to read this!!!!!!

DJ-SK8

Canada
269 posts
Posted - 2003/02/23 :  16:08:07  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by tommo:
I think so,they will have definately heard Anabolic Frolics Happy2bHardcore
series.

Im just a bassline addict
Im just a hardcore addict
Im just a dancefloor manic
Why o why cant you just accept it.

Actually to be quite frank, if it wasn't for anabolic frolic, the american rave scene probably wouldn't have herd hardcore till maby a year or 2 ago. althoe frolic still does need to die!!!

Elboze to tha back ov da knees OH Jeeze!!!!!

WoRd?!!

WoRd?!!

silver
Admin

Japan
12,549 posts

894 hardcore releases
silver is verified hardcore artist silver is a site donation subscriber silver has attended 108 events
Posted - 2003/02/23 :  16:47:24  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit silver's homepage  Reply with quote
America is the number one country to HappyHardcore.com Radio ... hows that for a Stat :)

----------------------------------
you, me and hardcore forever.

Brian K
Advanced Member

United States
8,663 posts

528 hardcore releases
Brian K has attended 5 events
Posted - 2003/02/23 :  16:58:15  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by DJ-SK8:
Actually to be quite frank, if it wasn't for anabolic frolic, the american rave scene probably wouldn't have herd hardcore till maby a year or 2 ago.

ummm considering i saw dougal in kentucky in '96, i beg to differ this comment =P i was listening to phil fart and noah long before i heard fah fah frolic

"we'll delete the weak"

SubconciousRythm
Starting Member

United States
2 posts
Posted - 2003/02/23 :  17:39:18  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
quote:
at the moment all americans like either rock or metal or punk and alot of the UK is liking all the american rock imports.
but I know America started house in the mid 80s in chicago and in the late 80s techno in detroit (not sure my facts are right there) but why do americans hate techno nowerdays?

virus
Advanced Member

Canada
4,346 posts

716 hardcore releases
virus has attended 41 events
Posted - 2003/02/24 :  04:09:01  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit virus's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
ummm considering i saw dougal in kentucky in '96, i beg to differ this comment =P i was listening to phil fart and noah long before i heard fah fah frolic

yea.. i know dougal & slipmatt in toronto in '95, and vinylgroover was here in '96

DJ Affliction

United Kingdom
123 posts

149 hardcore releases
Posted - 2003/02/24 :  04:22:02  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
quote:
it's me hooverlover, or mike lol (the one who started this thread) I better just apologise for the stupid thread name and question, I should of done research b4 tpying yes. I'm so happy to know that USA ppl have admited liking techno :o)

but I wanna know, has any of you USA ppl heard any of the bonkers series? I'm dieing to know. (it will prob be yes)

A think ya should av aswell mate!!!!!!

Hardcore u know the score!!!!!

DJ Affliction

Everything is random, your probably not ment to read this!!!!!!!!

DJ Affliction

[email protected]

[email protected]

Xenochrome
Advanced Member

United States
2,645 posts
Xenochrome is a site donation subscriber Xenochrome has attended 5 events
Posted - 2003/02/24 :  07:47:33  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Xenochrome's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Actually to be quite frank, if it wasn't for anabolic frolic, the american rave scene probably wouldn't have herd hardcore till maby a year or 2 ago.

Actually, to be quite frank, I never heard of Frolic until the H2BH series came out. I was attending hardcore events back in '95 though.

sprite_mew
Starting Member

Canada
3 posts
Posted - 2003/02/24 :  08:17:09  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit sprite_mew's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:

Actually to be quite frank, if it wasn't for anabolic frolic, the american rave scene probably wouldn't have herd hardcore till maby a year or 2 ago. althoe frolic still does need to die!!!

Elboze to tha back ov da knees OH Jeeze!!!!!

WoRd?!!

Booerns to Frolic! he can stop throwing Hullas at the Opera House any time now (awesome parties.... nasty venue)

sprite_mew is presented to you in *TEKNICOLOR!!*

CandyAss

United States
471 posts
Posted - 2003/02/24 :  11:37:53  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CandyAss's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
hey USA-You got any thunderdome albums?

Yeah, I have one. Pretty damn cheesy, but has a lot of classics...and everyone's heard of Bonkers, even people who hate happy hardcore.

CandyAss
Drew
http://www.valence2000.com
http://www.hardcorps.org

http://www.hardcorps.org

milo
Advanced Member

Canada
3,391 posts

347 hardcore releases
milo is verified hardcore artist milo has attended 89 events
Posted - 2003/02/24 :  17:03:39  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit milo's homepage  Reply with quote
you haven't seen a over used run down venue till you've been to lemoyne manor or buttons here in syracuse, though buttons was atelast really friggin' cool cuz it was an arcade all raved out with machines pushed back playing old skool games. if frolic decorated the opera house for the parties it would be a lot better.

"Everybody... rock, rock on.. "

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 3 pages long: 1  2  3
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.47 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page