Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 First track I posted here! Thoughts?
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 2

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
Tekraider

United States
21 posts
Posted - 2015/06/08 :  18:21:02  Show profile Send a private message  Visit Tekraider's homepage
Registered here a few days ago. Looked around, seems like a nice community!
I've made chiptune HHC and other 8bit dance stuff before now, but here's the first non-chiptune thing I've ever released.
What do you think?

Alert moderator
Comrade_

United States
46 posts
Posted - 2015/06/08 :  20:19:49  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Comrade_'s homepage
Nice track!

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Child Prodigy

Mexico
92 posts
Posted - 2015/06/09 :  00:31:54  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Child Prodigy's homepage
I like it :)

DJ_FunDaBounce
Advanced Member

Colombia
1,913 posts
Posted - 2015/06/09 :  02:08:33  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ_FunDaBounce's homepage
Did you play the guitar on it or is it a sample?

Sounds good, btw. :)

https://soundcloud.com/fundabouncedj
https://brightspeedrecordings.bandcamp.com

Every Saturday night from 10-12 (Bogota/Colombia time)
https://www.twitch.tv/fundabouncedj

Tekraider

United States
21 posts
Posted - 2015/06/09 :  04:15:40  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Tekraider's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by DJ_FunDaBounce:
Did you play the guitar on it or is it a sample?

Sounds good, btw. :)

Glad you like it :) ! I played the guitar on this one

ViolonC
Average Member

Germany
243 posts
ViolonC has attended 2 events
Posted - 2015/06/09 :  13:06:03  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit ViolonC's homepage
The chip tune sound design is still all over it. Not necessarily a bad thing though.

For some feedback: the track is mission low end. I'd assume that your kick and bass simply don't have any, as some effect samples do. If you are producing with some shitty headphones this would be no surprise.
Try getting a different kick with some good low end or layer another over your current (only if you actually have a somewhat good PA system and you can hear what you are doing).
For the bass you can just add a SubBass that is basically a single sine wave one or two octaves lower that follows the base line. You can mix it in separately to the base to get the desired "bassiness" and work well with the low end of your kick. Try to avoid having SubBass and kick at exactly the same time though.

DUnsilence
Starting Member

United States
16 posts
Posted - 2015/06/09 :  17:38:53  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DUnsilence's homepage
Link has disappeared on my end. Could you provide a new link?

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,072 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2015/06/09 :  18:21:27  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage
it works. Have you blocked Flash?

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

Hard2Get
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
12,837 posts
Hard2Get has attended 21 events
Posted - 2015/06/09 :  19:18:52  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Hard2Get's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
it works. Have you blocked Flash?

Doesn't work for me either, as usual. Flash is not blocked. Most of the stuff people link to is invisible to me.

Edited by - Hard2Get on 2015/06/09 19:19:24
DJ SMALOUM

France
423 posts
DJ SMALOUM has attended 1 event
Posted - 2015/06/09 :  19:53:01  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ SMALOUM's homepage
nice ambiance

Tekraider

United States
21 posts
Posted - 2015/06/09 :  20:58:09  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Tekraider's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by ViolonC:
The chip tune sound design is still all over it. Not necessarily a bad thing though.

For some feedback: the track is mission low end. I'd assume that your kick and bass simply don't have any, as some effect samples do. If you are producing with some shitty headphones this would be no surprise.
Try getting a different kick with some good low end or layer another over your current (only if you actually have a somewhat good PA system and you can hear what you are doing).
For the bass you can just add a SubBass that is basically a single sine wave one or two octaves lower that follows the base line. You can mix it in separately to the base to get the desired "bassiness" and work well with the low end of your kick. Try to avoid having SubBass and kick at exactly the same time though.

Thanks for the feedback! I do have monitors, yeah I agree this could you some sub bass layered with the one i already have. I think I cut some of the bass out of kick, but otherwise it's just a vengeance sample. I'll have to check though.

For people having trouble with the player, just try playing it on Soundcloud itself. I can confirm the link does work : https://soundcloud.com/tekraider/power-2-ya-suds-i-made-a-new-account-for-non-chiptune-mix

DUnsilence
Starting Member

United States
16 posts
Posted - 2015/06/09 :  23:01:56  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DUnsilence's homepage
Duuuuude this is really uplifting and cool, and the addition of a guitar is a nice touch!

eddiewould

New Zealand
375 posts
eddiewould has attended 3 events
Posted - 2015/06/10 :  05:56:53  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit eddiewould's homepage
I like it, but if I had to make a criticism I'd say the drum track needs more variation (and depth in general).

It's all too easy to copy ' n ' paste a 8 bar loop but really makes a difference when the percussion progresses.

When I was producing I hated sequencing drums - since I was lazy, they ended up suffering.

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,072 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2015/06/10 :  09:08:19  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage
Other than the 8 (16? :P) bits sound it takes alot of queues from japanese tracks

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

Tekraider

United States
21 posts
Posted - 2015/06/10 :  21:24:01  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Tekraider's homepage
quote:
Other than the 8 (16? :P) bits sound it takes alot of queues from japanese tracks

Definitely. All of my favorite hardcore is from Japanese artists. Mostly Hardcore Tano*C

trippnface
Advanced Member

United States
1,654 posts
trippnface has attended 21 events
Posted - 2015/06/12 :  00:37:24  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit trippnface's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Tekraider:
quote:

Definitely. All of my favorite hardcore is from Japanese artists. Mostly Hardcore Tano*C

nice dude keeps it up :D
hardcore tano is da fire; did you catch any of the lucky lotus online sets a few days ago?
heard some sweet stuff and only caught a few sets; i have a link to all of them i think if it would be ok to post.. i was gunna make a topic. peeps here need da j core!

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 2 pages long: 1  2
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.42 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page