Printer friendly
Page: 
of 32

Author Thread  
Rodz90
Average Member

United Kingdom
208 posts
Posted - 2015/10/18 :  21:39:23  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Rodz90's homepage  Reply with quote
The fact that he's posted

"All over dem shares"

as a comment on the youtube video. I don't get this new swag speak the cool kids use, and i can't tell if he's being satirical when using it.

Surely he is smart enough to know why things like this are counter productive to HUs investment?

@CDJay, is it not possible to have gotten him to sign a contract that states he couldn't share and promote any other material then HUs? I know he was brought on at a late stage and all, but it would have at least helped him with his online reputation a little.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
arpz
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,267 posts
arpz has attended 22 events
Posted - 2015/10/18 :  21:48:30  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit arpz's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rodz90:

"All over dem shares"

as a comment on the youtube video. I don't get this new swag speak the cool kids use, and i can't tell if he's being satirical when using it.

Semi-'satirical' I think.

quote:

Surely he is smart enough to know why things like this are counter productive to HUs investment?

@CDJay, is it not possible to have gotten him to sign a contract that states he couldn't share and promote any other material then HUs? I know he was brought on at a late stage and all, but it would have at least helped him with his online reputation a little.

The thing his, his reputation is completely untarnished when it comes to the horde of sycophants on his page. He doesn't care what we think on this forum because we're 'haters', for every one of us considering this a disrespectful act there's probably 100 morons that are all like 'fanxxx gammz' and have no idea whatsoever about what HU are doing.

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2015/10/18 :  21:53:45  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:

I don't think it would have made much of a difference. It should be implied that you don't go and try to screw over projects you're involved in. If he did it for his Literally Everything Muffin Music digital release that screwed over the album that HU helped put together for him, he was bound to do it for the Blue The Roof project, especially since he was a last edition to the project because of Joey Riot. Somehow I don't think this is the end of it, but we'll have to see what happens.

Oh and props to Dean for putting a post, and getting a response from him lol

CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2015/10/18 :  22:01:43  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:

"All over dem shares"

Genuintely, hands on heart, it makes zero difference to me.

It'a F**ing phone shot video, with terrible a/v. It's like blaming a badly shot 2d screener for Avatar making >2bn dollars.

It matters not one iota, it's enthusiasm which might inadvertantly benefit me/us/you.

Even if it doesn't, getting pissy about it achieves zip.

CDJay

arpz
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,267 posts
Posted - 2015/10/18 :  22:04:27  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit arpz's homepage  Reply with quote
What the actual ****, my god.

djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2015/10/18 :  22:06:25  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage  Reply with quote
I didn't even bother to look at his reply, unliked and unfollowed.

I don't want to hate on him because regardless of recent events he's still in my top 3-5 all time dj's and producers and getting pissed off about something shouldn't change that. BUT, I hate the frustration and negativity it throws up - and I certainly don't want to take anything away from the project.

Cyrax
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
623 posts
Cyrax has attended 9 events
Posted - 2015/10/19 :  10:17:42  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Cyrax's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by djDMS:
I didn't even bother to look at his reply, unliked and unfollowed.

I don't want to hate on him because regardless of recent events he's still in my top 3-5 all time dj's and producers and getting pissed off about something shouldn't change that. BUT, I hate the frustration and negativity it throws up - and I certainly don't want to take anything away from the project.

do the happy dance Dean

Elliott
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,137 posts
Posted - 2015/10/19 :  14:02:39  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elliott's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by CDJay:
quote:

"All over dem shares"

Genuintely, hands on heart, it makes zero difference to me.

It'a F**ing phone shot video, with terrible a/v. It's like blaming a badly shot 2d screener for Avatar making >2bn dollars.

It matters not one iota, it's enthusiasm which might inadvertantly benefit me/us/you.

Even if it doesn't, getting pissy about it achieves zip.

CDJay

You have to say these things. We don't. We can express our anger.

The video isn't a particularly big deal but the album projects were already enough for me.

Gammer can do whatever he likes in the scene these days though. There aren't enough real hardcore fans left to even care what he does. The 30 or so regulars on this forum are probably the biggest hardcore fans on the planet.

Anon.
Average Member

United Kingdom
169 posts
Posted - 2015/10/19 :  14:21:39  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Anon.'s homepage  Reply with quote
Looks like gammer has been putting an extra ingredient in his muffins lately.

What a na?ve douche.

Claxton
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,050 posts
Claxton has attended 3 events
Posted - 2015/10/19 :  15:07:10  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Claxton's homepage  Reply with quote
I'm going to go against the grain and back Gammer here.

I don't think there was any malice intended at all. I simply think that he was sharing a a video that a fan took of his set.

Gammer has publicly praised HU before. he said they were a pleasure to work with when he released his Muffin album, explaining how they gave him complete freedom. I think he is often misunderstood.

This should have no bearing what so ever on 'Blu The Roof' which will be a unique product in hardcore. Those who have enough about them have already pledged and will buy 'Blu The Roof' for the quality product it will be and all the awesome new music which can be heard on it from the likes of Fracus & Darwin.

I think Gammer gets a hard time on here. I don't always agree with the things he does but as Dean says, one of the best, and most talented producers & DJs to grace the scene.

Edited by - Claxton on 2015/10/19 15:10:40
djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
Posted - 2015/10/19 :  15:42:40  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage  Reply with quote
I reserve the right to get as pissy as I like.

At the end of the day, my opinion counts for precisely shit all.

jordesuvi

United Kingdom
143 posts
jordesuvi has attended 4 events
Posted - 2015/10/19 :  16:33:36  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit jordesuvi's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Elliott:
The 30 or so regulars on this forum are probably the biggest hardcore fans on the planet.

It amazes me so much that hardcore is such a niche genre.
Like, how could you not like it... it's awesome!

arpz
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,267 posts
Posted - 2015/10/19 :  17:07:04  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit arpz's homepage  Reply with quote
Claxton, fair enough but if he really meant no malice then why would he reply in the way that he did to Deans comment?

trippnface
Advanced Member

United States
1,654 posts
trippnface has attended 21 events
Posted - 2015/10/19 :  17:34:41  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit trippnface's homepage  Reply with quote
i don't think most of the people that know whatsup cared about his set anyways to be honest. mostly the kids that still think he actually plays a hardcore set.; or the drooling fanboys who who would beat off to him banging pots & pans...

but honestly; al storm's set should have been recorded. that was the perfect representation of a current excellent hardcore set and the crowd absolutely loving it. definitely sure people wanna see that over gammer ;p

djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
Posted - 2015/10/19 :  17:37:22  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage  Reply with quote
I'd have paid the 75 quid just for Al's set.

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 32 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5 ... 10  11  12  ... 28  29  30  31  32
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.95 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page