Printer friendly
Page: 
of 2

Author Thread  
Vladel
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,514 posts
Posted - 2015/11/14 :  10:27:36  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Vladel's homepage  Reply with quote
There is only one unmixed cd and as far as I'm concerned, mob isn't over rated because I don't know anyone who even rates the guy. Maybe two discs of unmixed might bring about the possibility of something decent in full length being available but mixed for a price tag of 15 quid before postage, no thank you.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2015/11/14 :  10:45:39  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by whittle1:
I have to commend HU for the fabulous work they do, they truly are keeping the hardcore scene alive.
That being said, how they market there products can be questioned. Most business, for example, is based on supply and demand. Where is the demand for a Mob and Enemy album?? There's little to none, therefore the album won't be successful. These could be great artists but I'm unfamiliar with their work (as I'm sure many people are), so why would I spend my hard earned money on CD I have no idea about? Same goes for Alex Prospect's album, or even someone like Obie!
Here's a simple solution to the fella's over at Hardcore Underground: stick all these upcoming hardcore artists with established hardcore DJ's so more people have more of a reason to buy the product. It's so simple!

Pairing new talent with established players rarely works well. Check youtube for how many classic hardcore tracks Hixxy wrote in the 90s.... Shooting Star! Field of Dreams!

As a rule, the established players fight a lot less hard when it comes to promotion. Surely that's evident by now? The Entity album doing well isn't a massive surprise; there's pent up demand and our audience are already familiar with his works. The Jaw-D album doing well is more impressive, but when you look at location and pair up online promo to sales spikes it's clear that motivation counts for something.

As it stands, both these albums are doing surprisingly well at the pre-order stage. We'll have a podcast towards the end of the month featuring tracks from these albums prominently, as well as a 2015 brochure hitting three events by year end.

After spending months on HU7, attempting to showcase the wider scene effectively, only for it to be widely ignored by the major players, I'm more keen than ever to invest time and resources in people who could be more relevant and contribute to the scene long term.

CDJay

Claxton
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,050 posts
Claxton has attended 3 events
Posted - 2015/11/15 :  13:07:26  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Claxton's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
I have to commend HU for the fabulous work they do, they truly are keeping the hardcore scene alive.
That being said, how they market there products can be questioned. Most business, for example, is based on supply and demand. Where is the demand for a Mob and Enemy album?? There's little to none, therefore the album won't be successful. These could be great artists but I'm unfamiliar with their work (as I'm sure many people are), so why would I spend my hard earned money on CD I have no idea about? Same goes for Alex Prospect's album, or even someone like Obie!
Here's a simple solution to the fella's over at Hardcore Underground: stick all these upcoming hardcore artists with established hardcore DJ's so more people have more of a reason to buy the product. It's so simple!

MOB has played mainstage Westfest and been around years and Alex Prospect has collabs with people like Darren Styles on his album.

These aren't unknown artists. In fact they're probably in the top 15 in hardcore.

trippnface
Advanced Member

United States
1,654 posts
trippnface has attended 21 events
Posted - 2015/11/15 :  18:51:47  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit trippnface's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by wong:
quote:

prospects album sounds great. him with obie together at westfest was good too

man i dunno. prospect said it contains his "best uk hardcore work" honestly i dont hear his best work or uk hardcore. too bad he put all the big room material and not the better sounding stuff he used to make... that still wasnt uk hardcore.

Vladel
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,514 posts
Posted - 2015/11/20 :  19:26:54  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Vladel's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by trippnface:
quote:
Originally posted by wong:
quote:

prospects album sounds great. him with obie together at westfest was good too

man i dunno. prospect said it contains his "best uk hardcore work" honestly i dont hear his best work or uk hardcore. too bad he put all the big room material and not the better sounding stuff he used to make... that still wasnt uk hardcore.

To be honest i've heard hardly any alex prospect but i listened to the teasers on soundcloud and it sounds positively MOB which is a bad thing! Seriously it's boring big room stuff that could have come from any of those guys that make that trash. At least with gammer and styles stuff, it stands out and Unknown, well he goes to great lengths to make sure his stuff stands out (not in a good way). I know in this genre artists can sound like eachother but for gods sake, at least make it sound good. i know it may sound like i'm bitching but i really didn't expect prospect to be so mainstream orientated, it's disappointing.

skarr
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
527 posts
Posted - 2015/11/28 :  15:04:13  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit skarr's homepage  Reply with quote
Enemy looks like he is taking a shit on the front cover

djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2015/11/28 :  17:10:15  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage  Reply with quote
...whereas, most of the forum are taking a shit on the contents!

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2015/11/28 :  19:10:49  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by skarr:
Enemy looks like he is taking a shit on the front cover

I...must...play...nice!

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 2 pages long: 1  2
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.23 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page