Printer friendly
Page: 
of 7

Author Thread  
skarr
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
527 posts
Posted - 2016/10/26 :  16:58:34  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit skarr's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by CDJay:
We're working with the Hardcore Heaven brand, which, incidently, we also nearly did back in 2011 before we were pushed out to make way for the usual suspects instead using a model we'd identified as faulty.

I had 20,000 pounds ready to throw into it, and said we'd do another one even if the first one lost money. Instead, I bought a car and passively watched as I was proved right for the umpteenth time.

So, with that in mind, your cynicism might be slightly off base. F&D actually scan pretty well out of genre and the whole point of this is to push things forward. If you put the same old names on there, particularly when they only have the same old music, we get to watch history repeat itself.

Hate on the artwork all you want, but in the end the actual finished physical product *will* raise the bar. I personally guarantee that. If you'd rather something "as it was" those albums still exist and you can go and listen to them. The existence of a new iteration in this oft-rebooted series doesn't affect your enjoyment of the existing ones in any way. I'm not 100% convinced that any of the previous HH albums were/are considered overly iconic from an purely artwork standpoint, anyway.

CDJay

I honestly admire your passion and love for the hardcore scene, you are a true professional and no matter how much dickheads like me give you shit you always have a non offensive, intelligent, relevant reply, hats off to you sir!

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Edited by - skarr on 2016/10/26 17:00:04
arpz
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,267 posts
arpz has attended 22 events
Posted - 2016/10/26 :  18:34:35  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit arpz's homepage  Reply with quote
By the looks of it, it seems to have a bit more backing from people too - probably more so than a HU compilation would've had if it was coming out at the same time. I think it's probably a good call, even if I'm not a big fan of the artwork

Elliott
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,137 posts
Posted - 2016/10/26 :  20:32:36  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elliott's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by skarr:
quote:
We're working with the Hardcore Heaven brand, which, incidently, we also nearly did back in 2011 before we were pushed out to make way for the usual suspects instead using a model we'd identified as faulty.

I had 20,000 pounds ready to throw into it, and said we'd do another one even if the first one lost money. Instead, I bought a car and passively watched as I was proved right for the umpteenth time.

So, with that in mind, your cynicism might be slightly off base. F&D actually scan pretty well out of genre and the whole point of this is to push things forward. If you put the same old names on there, particularly when they only have the same old music, we get to watch history repeat itself.

Hate on the artwork all you want, but in the end the actual finished physical product *will* raise the bar. I personally guarantee that. If you'd rather something "as it was" those albums still exist and you can go and listen to them. The existence of a new iteration in this oft-rebooted series doesn't affect your enjoyment of the existing ones in any way. I'm not 100% convinced that any of the previous HH albums were/are considered overly iconic from an purely artwork standpoint, anyway.

CDJay

I honestly admire your passion and love for the hardcore scene, you are a true professional and no matter how much dickheads like me give you shit you always have a non offensive, intelligent, relevant reply, hats off to you sir!

CDJay is basically the anti-Thumpa.

Calmest head in the business when it comes to dealing with people.

Elliott
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,137 posts
Posted - 2016/10/26 :  20:35:45  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elliott's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Advather:
quote:
... I'm not 100% convinced that any of the previous HH albums were/are considered overly iconic from an purely artwork standpoint, anyway.

CDJay

Especially not HH3, which sold out and went with the obligatory not-very-attractive girl in a bikini.

I always wondered if it was weird that I never found those girls attractive.. Apparently not.

Man, hardcore CDs in those days were embarrassing. Great music; shit covers.

djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2016/10/26 :  20:49:26  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by skarr:
quote:
Originally posted by djDMS:
Very welcome change as far as I'm concerned.
Why shouldn't Hardcore be more professional in appearance?

It doesn't look professional though does it, it's trying to look stylish and minimal but looks basic and cheap, I don't mean to have a go, but when you are saying that the fate of the whole genre rests on this cd then surely you should sack whoever did the artwork for gross misconduct, if you walked into hmv, to buy a hardcore cd, you didn't really know much about the genre, and you seen this next to the latest rebuild cd, which one would you buy?

I'd buy the one that looks best on the back cover, not the front.

CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2016/10/26 :  21:09:41  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage  Reply with quote
If it was in anyway economically effective there would be a guy in a thong on the back cover variant pour toi. It's not like we didn't detour that way, at least we put a HU medallion on her and failed to get any visible copies out.

CDJay

arpz
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,267 posts
Posted - 2016/10/26 :  21:38:41  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit arpz's homepage  Reply with quote
Does that medallion actually exist? ...

CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2016/10/26 :  22:30:31  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage  Reply with quote
Clearly. It is a potential inversion unit. Wear it and fail to your full potential!

CDJay

Elliott
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,137 posts
Posted - 2016/10/26 :  22:31:30  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elliott's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Clearly. It is a potential inversion unit. Wear it and fail to your full potential!

CDJay

Ha.

arpz
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,267 posts
Posted - 2016/10/26 :  23:04:17  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit arpz's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:

CDJay

That bird adorns the most highly pri(c/z)ed HU compilation! Wonder what she's upto now...

CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2016/10/26 :  23:17:56  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage  Reply with quote
The necklace was radioactive. She swam away, but medical advisors say the odds aren't good. She gets off lightly, Imo.

CDJay

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,072 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2016/10/27 :  04:21:23  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
If it was in anyway economically effective there would be a guy in a thong on the back cover variant pour toi. It's not like we didn't detour that way, at least we put a HU medallion on her and failed to get any visible copies out.

CDJay

Dean's waiting for your call you know? ;)

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

robertybob

United Kingdom
328 posts
Posted - 2016/10/27 :  11:46:50  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit robertybob's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:

Especially not HH3, which sold out and went with the obligatory not-very-attractive girl in a bikini.

I dunno, I found her more attractive than the blonde from HH4 ! (plus anything the CLXH lot put out)

Captain Triceps
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,184 posts
Posted - 2016/10/27 :  12:18:42  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Captain Triceps's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by robertybob:
quote:

I dunno, I found her more attractive than the blonde from HH4 ! (plus anything the CLXH lot put out)

I agree. In either case I'd slip the HH lasses a length before the CXH girls.
Needless to say, not the cartoons, of course.

https://soundcloud.com/paulbradley1982

arpz
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,267 posts
Posted - 2016/10/27 :  13:09:05  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit arpz's homepage  Reply with quote
HH3 girl was in my tutor group at school.

She wasn't the HH3 girl at that point, but you could tell she was destined for great things ;D

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 7 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.95 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page