of 28

Author Thread  
djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2016/11/14 :  17:59:54  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage  Reply with quote
Definitely a Blue Monday for somebody today...

Alert moderator Go to top of page
SmashingTheSirens

United Kingdom
126 posts
Posted - 2016/11/14 :  22:34:38  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit SmashingTheSirens's homepage  Reply with quote
Enjoy...

www.soundcloud.com/atombeatsradio/mc-storm-primus-inter-pares

Future_Shock
Advanced Member

Australia
2,483 posts
Future_Shock has attended 5 events
Posted - 2016/11/14 :  22:46:23  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Future_Shock's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by DJ Sketchy:
quote:
Originally posted by Andy_Influx:
quote:
Originally posted by Elipton:
quote:
quote:
I forgot this guy expects us to hear his album!

I can't wait to give it my 'critique'

Didn't he post a track a little while ago?

I need to hear this

Here.

The riff and bassline is a complete and blatant rip off from a rock band's track. The riff he's copying hits at 37 seconds.

It ain't no rip. I made it myself.

It's a direct copy mate. Note for note.

DJ Sketchy

United Kingdom
407 posts
DJ Sketchy is verified hardcore artist DJ Sketchy has attended 1 event
Posted - 2016/11/14 :  22:52:18  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ Sketchy's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I need to hear this

Here.

The riff and bassline is a complete and blatant rip off from a rock band's track. The riff he's copying hits at 37 seconds.

I don't copy nothing when I write. If there is something out there what sounds similar then so be it.

Elipton
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,268 posts
Elipton has attended 2 events
Posted - 2016/11/14 :  23:30:03  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elipton's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I need to hear this

Here.

I don't copy nothing when I write. If there is something out there what sounds similar then so be it.

If you create a track that just happens to sound like one of the most iconic songs of the 80's, it's usually one you just chuck aside - unless you're deliberately going for a fun take on a classic riff. I've done it, but I didn't try to hide it.

GrahamC
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
589 posts
Posted - 2016/11/15 :  02:17:32  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit GrahamC's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by SmashingTheSirens:
Enjoy...

www.soundcloud.com/atombeatsradio/mc-storm-primus-inter-pares

That is beyond terrible. Storm should listen to that, realise what rubbish that is and pack it all in ASAP!

SmashingTheSirens

United Kingdom
126 posts
Posted - 2016/11/15 :  08:25:42  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit SmashingTheSirens's homepage  Reply with quote
Not that keen then? His vocal delivery isn't all that bad and his rapping and subjects are just as good as anyone one else's in the game, you might see that as a good or bad thing but I'm not fussed either way. The bits I'm not keen on, and this only my own critique from a musical stand point and not a personal agenda, are the bits where he half raps half sings and it's not to key. Being a musician I put that akin to knifes scratching on a plate! Also he says it's his first mix tape. I wish he'd of gone the Gammer/Whizzkid Querkout route and been a bit inventive and shown off a different side maybe instead of just straight bars. Apart from those things it is what is and what you'd expect to hear in any rave these days.

arpz
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,267 posts
arpz has attended 22 events
Posted - 2016/11/15 :  09:06:10  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit arpz's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Not that keen then? His vocal delivery isn't all that bad and his rapping and subjects are just as good as anyone one else's in the game, you might see that as a good or bad thing but I'm not fussed either way. The bits I'm not keen on, and this only my own critique from a musical stand point and not a personal agenda, are the bits where he half raps half sings and it's not to key. Being a musician I put that akin to knifes scratching on a plate! Also he says it's his first mix tape. I wish he'd of gone the Gammer/Whizzkid Querkout route and been a bit inventive and shown off a different side maybe instead of just straight bars. Apart from those things it is what is and what you'd expect to hear in any rave these days.

I liked the 'your' vs 'you're' fails on the 'lyric book' posted on his page and the fact that he failed to use images without watermarks and then overlaid text on top. It gave it a really professional feel.

DJ Sketchy

United Kingdom
407 posts
Posted - 2016/11/15 :  09:06:22  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ Sketchy's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I need to hear this

Here.

If you create a track that just happens to sound like one of the most iconic songs of the 80's, it's usually one you just chuck aside - unless you're deliberately going for a fun take on a classic riff. I've done it, but I didn't try to hide it.

Can someone direct me to the Youtube link for this? I need to hear this for myself. I randomised the key I wrote it in and everything. It's one of my favourite tracks I've written!

Elipton
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,268 posts
Posted - 2016/11/15 :  09:34:24  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elipton's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I need to hear this

Here.

Can someone direct me to the Youtube link for this? I need to hear this for myself. I randomised the key I wrote it in and everything. It's one of my favourite tracks I've written!

A link to what?

DJ Sketchy

United Kingdom
407 posts
Posted - 2016/11/15 :  09:41:04  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ Sketchy's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I need to hear this

Here.

A link to what?

Where Andy_Influx posted this "The riff and bassline is a complete and blatant rip off from a rock band's track. The riff he's copying hits at 37 seconds." - Where is the link the the rock band track he is going on about? I can't see it.

Elipton
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,268 posts
Posted - 2016/11/15 :  09:49:48  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elipton's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I need to hear this

Here.

A link to what?

Where Andy_Influx posted this "The riff and bassline is a complete and blatant rip off from a rock band's track. The riff he's copying hits at 37 seconds." - Where is the link the the rock band track he is going on about? I can't see it.

New Order - Blue Monday. It's a pretty significant track mate.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYH8DsU2WCk

Edited by - Elipton on 2016/11/15 09:50:39
DJ Sketchy

United Kingdom
407 posts
Posted - 2016/11/15 :  09:54:59  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ Sketchy's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I need to hear this

Here.

A link to what?

New Order - Blue Monday. It's a pretty significant track mate.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYH8DsU2WCk

I will give it to you that the pattern the bass line follows is similar. Mine's in a completely different key though. They aren't 'exactly' the same either. I thought you were on about my riff for a minute then 'phew'.

SmashingTheSirens

United Kingdom
126 posts
Posted - 2016/11/15 :  09:55:12  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit SmashingTheSirens's homepage  Reply with quote
Arpz. I didn't even look at that! I was just listening to the audio content. So it's a cut and paste special on Windows Paint then?

Sketchy, mate. Don't worry about it mate. It's all a bit silly really. If you're happy doing what you're doing then don't get drawn in. If you wrote it and it sounds similar to something else then so be it. I listened to it and it didn't sound like anything I've heard before. But then again I hate anything pre-90s! I followed the link you your facebook page and watched a few of your videos of you making tunes and you gave some good things going on. Just do what like and don't feel like you have to explain yourself just cause someone doubts you.

What happened to community!

DJ Sketchy

United Kingdom
407 posts
Posted - 2016/11/15 :  10:02:15  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ Sketchy's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Arpz. I didn't even look at that! I was just listening to the audio content. So it's a cut and paste special on Windows Paint then?

Sketchy, mate. Don't worry about it mate. It's all a bit silly really. If you're happy doing what you're doing then don't get drawn in. If you wrote it and it sounds similar to something else then so be it. I listened to it and it didn't sound like anything I've heard before. But then again I hate anything pre-90s! I followed the link you your facebook page and watched a few of your videos of you making tunes and you gave some good things going on. Just do what like and don't feel like you have to explain yourself just cause someone doubts you.

What happened to community!

Thanks for your input SmashingTheSirens! Yes I shall continue. A sharp ear someone has to notice the similarities though!

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 28 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5 ... 23  24  25  26  27  28
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.38 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page