MC Storm causes Ajay to quit hardcore
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 28

Author Thread  
SmashingTheSirens

United Kingdom
126 posts
Posted - 2016/11/15 :  10:10:38  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit SmashingTheSirens's homepage  Reply with quote
To be fair it sounds like the old 3 chord trick you've used which in that progression will sound similar to a lot of things. Same with the big standard 4 Major chord progression. Especially in hardcore and EDM, route notes and progressions at its most basic will always like something else. It's what you do with your chords and leads that will make the difference. Don't be off put though :-)

Alert moderator Go to top of page
DJ Sketchy

United Kingdom
407 posts
DJ Sketchy is verified hardcore artist DJ Sketchy has attended 1 event
Posted - 2016/11/15 :  10:19:27  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ Sketchy's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by SmashingTheSirens:
To be fair it sounds like the old 3 chord trick you've used which in that progression will sound similar to a lot of things. Same with the big standard 4 Major chord progression. Especially in hardcore and EDM, route notes and progressions at its most basic will always like something else. It's what you do with your chords and leads that will make the difference. Don't be off put though :-)

I won't, and thanks. I'm not that clued up on chord progression etc. I just write what sounds good to my ear. I use a NI Komplete Kontrol keyboard, which is awesome! I choose a key (on one occasion I used a BLUES key lol) and then I work out my bass line and riffs on the NI keyboard. Then transfer them to my synth.

arpz
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,267 posts
arpz has attended 22 events
Posted - 2016/11/15 :  11:07:06  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit arpz's homepage  Reply with quote
I've just had another look, it's not *that* bad I suppose but yeah, I wouldn't be using a watermarked photo myself...

I'm a bit down on him because at the end of the day it's just a bloke talking shit and making stupid noises on a mic and he acts like he's the messiah. I've made most of my thoughts on him clear throughout this thread anyway, and, as I said previously, no doubt I'll be shouting back at him and throwing my hands up come NYE

DJ Sketchy

United Kingdom
407 posts
Posted - 2016/11/15 :  11:18:54  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ Sketchy's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by arpz:
I've just had another look, it's not *that* bad I suppose but yeah, I wouldn't be using a watermarked photo myself...

What are you referring to here, arpz?

Cyrax
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
623 posts
Cyrax has attended 9 events
Posted - 2016/11/15 :  11:22:40  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Cyrax's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
What happened to community!

I think the community on here is actual not that bad considering that forums are used that much and the demographic of UK Hardcore is mainly chavs, there is some comedy gold at points.

Where Sketchy has gone wrong is that no one cares if you're best mates with Storm, caddied for Gammer on the golf course or managed to obtain a lock of Cyrax's hair on ebay.

DJ Sketchy

United Kingdom
407 posts
Posted - 2016/11/15 :  11:26:53  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ Sketchy's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cyrax:
quote:

I think the community on here is actual not that bad considering that forums are used that much and the demographic of UK Hardcore is mainly chavs, there is some comedy gold at points.

Where Sketchy has gone wrong is that no one cares if you're best mates with Storm, caddied for Gammer on the golf course or managed to obtain a lock of Cyrax's hair on ebay.

There was my mistake. I thought people would have been interested by my anecdotes! I've pretty much ran out of my 'safe' stories now anyway...

Elipton
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,268 posts
Elipton has attended 2 events
Posted - 2016/11/15 :  11:32:45  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elipton's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:

Pretty much bang on the money there.

The first few posts you've made here have been lies and made up stories for a reaction. Be genuine, and people will take you seriously.

DJ Sketchy

United Kingdom
407 posts
Posted - 2016/11/15 :  11:42:18  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ Sketchy's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Elipton:
quote:
quote:

The first few posts you've made here have been lies and made up stories for a reaction. Be genuine, and people will take you seriously.

I don't want to have to keep responding to people saying my stories are bull shiz. I don't lie! In my position I would get into serious trouble with those involved in my stories, if I wasn't telling the truth. The stories are harmless anyway. The harmful stories I'm understandably keeping private.

Elipton
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,268 posts
Elipton has attended 2 events
Posted - 2016/11/15 :  13:11:38  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elipton's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by DJ Sketchy:
quote:
Originally posted by Elipton:
quote:
quote:

I don't want to have to keep responding to people saying my stories are bull shiz. I don't lie! In my position I would get into serious trouble with those involved in my stories, if I wasn't telling the truth. The stories are harmless anyway. The harmful stories I'm understandably keeping private.

The stories that you've told us are:
"I'm best mates with Hollywood itself"
"I'm best mates with everyone in the Hardcore top tier"
"I'm Jesus, and Vanessa Hudgen's pre-teen sister is my lover"

All false.

The stories you've held back:
"Someone said someone to someone, but it was too out of order to say - but trust me it was mental"
"My alter ego, Paul, said something outrageous to Brisk but I can't say"
"I've got loads of stories, but they might affect my career".

What's the point in mentioning them?

Here's the important part.
Just be genuine, and stop begging attention. Your opinion, your music and your tales are more than welcome, but we've seen it all here. Just moderate it. We're keen to hear what you can produce, we're keen to hear what you think about various topics, but we don't want horseshit attention seeking and 9 threads a day of nothing worth reading.

Triquatra

United Kingdom
12,635 posts
Triquatra is a site donation subscriber Triquatra has attended 26 events
Posted - 2016/11/15 :  14:00:11  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Triquatra's homepage  Reply with quote
all 11 of us

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,072 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2016/11/15 :  15:13:49  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Triquatra:
all 11 of us

don't forget the spambots

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2016/11/15 :  16:51:08  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
all 11 of us

Better than 1100 with copy & paste opinions

Cyrax
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
623 posts
Cyrax has attended 9 events
Posted - 2016/11/15 :  16:52:11  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Cyrax's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by djDMS:
quote:
all 11 of us

Better than 1100 with copy & paste opinions

yeah, better than 1100 with copy & paste opinions

Edited by - Cyrax on 2016/11/15 16:52:40
djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2016/11/15 :  17:15:28  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage  Reply with quote
Thanks Will, that's another tenner for me!

Triquatra

United Kingdom
12,635 posts
Triquatra is a site donation subscriber Triquatra has attended 26 events
Posted - 2016/11/15 :  18:31:12  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Triquatra's homepage  Reply with quote
I suppose it's time for me to own up

those lyrics I wrote earlier.

I actually just hit "randomise" on a random word generator, and that's what came out. :/

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 28 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5 ... 24  25  26  27  28
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.7 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page