Printer friendly
Page: 
of 21

Author Thread  
CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2017/03/28 :  19:20:00  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage  Reply with quote
Yay, a new thread of baiting.

We cancelled it because it was already nearly sold out by the time it was planned to be broadcast. We spent a couple of hundred pounds on FB and that seemed to be enough. Our digital store wasn't ready, and our digital broker has a minimum 4 week lead time.

We'll do one next time, instead. If that's okay with you? We're doing more units, so it's worthwhile.

CDJay

Alert moderator Go to top of page
skarr
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
527 posts
Posted - 2017/03/28 :  19:27:33  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit skarr's homepage  Reply with quote
but surely the advert was already filmed as you said it was going to be on t v ? Let's have a look at the advert you cancelled?:

CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2017/03/28 :  19:48:34  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage  Reply with quote
It wasn't "filmed" it used stock footage of F&D and Mob at various gigs near the time (primarly "The Order" and Fracus & Darwin @ Westfest).

We never got as far as finalising it, and getting it ready for broadcast, because it was clear from fairly early on we wouldn't need to.

We had been using the rule of thirds; we expect to do a third in pre-sales and first week sales, a third in the next three months, and then the rest trickling out over time.

We wanted to sell this through faster, and aimed for three months. Well over half went before release date.

This is all cripplingly obvious, and publically documented, stuff.

I still don't really see what you're trying to do, tbh. I've essentially confirmed that we're working on a follow up, and the previous one is no longer available for sale. You can bleat on about SV and their scene attentions, but would they have agreed to have us do another one so soon if it hadn't sold out and performed above expectation? Clearly not.

Still, I'm sure you're chomping at the bit in anticipation of snarkily commentating on every aspect of another volume already. Take a nap, it'll get announced shortly

CDJay

Edited by - CDJay on 2017/03/28 19:52:22
skarr
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
527 posts
Posted - 2017/03/28 :  20:03:52  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit skarr's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by CDJay:

You can bleat on about SV and their scene attentions

CDJay

So why have they chose to not book the people, that have mixed their album, at their raves ?

CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2017/03/28 :  21:13:54  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage  Reply with quote
Still not had a chance to ask, likely oversight. It happens.

Mob got to play main stage at westfest the year after winning the breakthrough award, whilst f&d are the only act ever not to play at the party they won theirs, so... c'est la vie.

CDJay

skarr
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
527 posts
Posted - 2017/03/28 :  21:22:15  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit skarr's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:

Mob got to play main stage at westfest the year after winning the breakthrough award, whilst f&d are the only act ever not to play at the party they won theirs, so... c'est la vie.

CDJay

oversight as in what? They oversaw who it was that mixed their album?

skarr
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
527 posts
Posted - 2017/03/28 :  21:25:46  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit skarr's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:

Mob got to play main stage at westfest , whilst f&d are the only act ever not to play at the party they won theirs, so...
CDJay

Slammin clearly have a lot of respect for them ......

CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2017/03/28 :  23:17:33  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage  Reply with quote
Those two comments are sufficiently pitiable that I will finally opt out. See you in the new thread.

CDJay

skarr
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
527 posts
Posted - 2017/03/30 :  17:45:02  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit skarr's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:

CDJay

Not had a chance to ask the people that you have been working with for months and are still probably in constant contact with why it is they chose not to book the person that mixed their album at their raves? Maybe it's because they are as confused as everyone else is as why this is even the case ?

skarr
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
527 posts
Posted - 2017/03/30 :  18:01:10  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit skarr's homepage  Reply with quote
As in even slammin vinyl thought .....' M.O.B? What the **** ? Seriously? We're not even going to book him at our raves? What's going on here? Seriously? '.

skarr
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
527 posts
Posted - 2017/03/30 :  18:21:02  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit skarr's homepage  Reply with quote
You could have chosen anyone, joey riot? Dougal? Alex prospect? Ajay? Lee uhf? Thumpa ? Any of those reliable honest people, especially the last 3, so why.M.O.B ?

arpz
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,267 posts
arpz has attended 22 events
Posted - 2017/03/30 :  20:57:22  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit arpz's homepage  Reply with quote
You're seriously suggesting that Lee UHF would be a more relevant choice than M.O.B for an upfront hardcore album?

skarr
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
527 posts
Posted - 2017/03/30 :  21:36:18  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit skarr's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by arpz:
You're seriously suggesting that Lee UHF would be a more relevant choice than M.O.B for an upfront hardcore album?

I rest my case......

skarr
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
527 posts
Posted - 2017/03/30 :  21:53:14  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit skarr's homepage  Reply with quote
I rest my case.

Edited by - skarr on 2017/03/30 22:01:41
skarr
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
527 posts
Posted - 2017/03/30 :  22:18:13  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit skarr's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by arpz:

yes mate, that's exactly what I was suggesting, much love and respect to you my friend xx

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 21 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5 ... 17  18  19  20  21
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.5 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page