Total online 1983
 Radio listeners 155+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Who's Got The Stamina 2: 2 CDs+WAVs (Dual Format)
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 3

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
A.B

United Kingdom
70 posts
Posted - 2016/11/25 :  13:22:37  Show profile Send a private message
Hello Happyhardcore.com. Deliberately not making this too spammy a post, so please can it remain in this forum - as other recent CDs have done - mods? At least until release date (16.12)!

Pre-orders for the new Stamina CD have just started. Clips will start Monday. Plenty of artists on there with their own styles! Scott Brown, Marc Smith, S3RL, Substanced, Arkitech, jD-KiD, Transcend etc.! I will keep this thread up-to-date with soundcloud clips, feedback on them most welcome!

Oh and it's dual format too. WAVs released on day of release so you don't have to wait for shipping.

www.stamina-records.co.uk

Cheeeeeers :-)

Alert moderator

Edited by - A.B on 2016/11/28 20:02:13
Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,073 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2016/11/25 :  14:03:34  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage
tbh, you shouldn't blame the mods for people's lack of using the "New Topics..." and the "Recent Topics" links

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

Alert moderator Go to top of page
A.B

United Kingdom
70 posts
Posted - 2016/11/25 :  15:16:08  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit A.B's homepage
I didn't...

Elipton
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,268 posts
Elipton has attended 2 events
Posted - 2016/11/25 :  15:17:18  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elipton's homepage
It sounds very exciting. Kevin Energy, Cube::Hard and Arkitech are names that I can always faithfully rely on for fantastic music. I'm keen to hear what their current sounds are as it's been some years since I heard any great amount from any name :)

As with all album previews, this is open to perception. My thoughts on the cover are very much the same as they were with HU's Hardcore Heaven artwork. I feel obliged to say this briefly for the sake of fairness, but the generic artwork diminishes any feeling of occasion that a big release like this for a label such as yourselves should have. After all, it's not especially distinguishable from the label artwork you release your music with on a regular basis. In fact, it's almost identical to Vol One, isn't it?

Edited by - Elipton on 2016/11/25 15:17:55
A.B

United Kingdom
70 posts
Posted - 2016/11/25 :  15:31:38  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit A.B's homepage
Yes it's not a huge leap from vol 1 but I wanted them to be a set so didn't wanna stray too far from that.

It's a fair comment about a lot of HC albums having the same flavour. I really like Obie's artwork but as it happens so do a lot of other labels, which is a credit to him but can obv mean similarities cropping up. I think it's the popularity of his art as opposed to the actual art itself that contributes to your point.

Duly noted though and next year I have a trio of artist albums that should be finished for release via Stamina, so they are where we will experiment (a bit like the Synaesthesia art for Transcend's album beforehand)

Elipton
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,268 posts
Posted - 2016/11/25 :  15:58:55  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elipton's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by A.B:
Yes it's not a huge leap from vol 1 but I wanted them to be a set so didn't wanna stray too far from that.

It's a fair comment about a lot of HC albums having the same flavour. I really like Obie's artwork but as it happens so do a lot of other labels, which is a credit to him but can obv mean similarities cropping up. I think it's the popularity of his art as opposed to the actual art itself that contributes to your point.

Duly noted though and next year I have a trio of artist albums that should be finished for release via Stamina, so they are where we will experiment (a bit like the Synaesthesia art for Transcend's album beforehand)

I was going to cite Transcends Synthaesia artwork. It's effective in that it sets a visual scene for the music and helps stimulate listeners' imagination which is exactly what I love about well thought-out covers.

I'm glad to hear that there's some new stuff on it's way.

No disrespect to Obie. He's a very capable artist and he's dominant in this genre of art design. His album covers are effective, and contain everything that you'd want in a cover, but it has become somewhat cliche in the genre. I think my favourite example of his promotional material was the Youtube campaign for Strength in Numbers with the exploding and imploding paint bomb. The only reason it didn't work as well as intended was that no one listens to videos for clipped music. They want the full thing, or radio mixes.

Edited by - Elipton on 2016/11/25 15:59:57
A.B

United Kingdom
70 posts
Posted - 2016/11/25 :  16:34:25  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit A.B's homepage
Synaesthesia we just gave him free reign, so maybe I should butt out and stop giving him briefs! 😂

Food for thought about radio edits altho it is another process in an already laborious list when it comes to new releases. I wouldn't say nobody listens to edits on 'tube tho as they dunno what they are getting when they search until they hit play, and also some of our clips have had good numbers.

If the ad rev justified it I'd do full clips, but that's up to bigger labels (not hardcore) to sort out.

Elipton
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,268 posts
Posted - 2016/11/25 :  17:02:16  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elipton's homepage
quote:
Synaesthesia we just gave him free reign, so maybe I should butt out and stop giving him briefs! 😂

Food for thought about radio edits altho it is another process in an already laborious list when it comes to new releases. I wouldn't say nobody listens to edits on 'tube tho as they dunno what they are getting when they search until they hit play, and also some of our clips have had good numbers.

If the ad rev justified it I'd do full clips, but that's up to bigger labels (not hardcore) to sort out.

Open creative licence can go a long way!

I've been an advocate for radio mixes for a few years now. Having had time to reflect, I genuinely feel that not having them is a massive barrier that encircles Hardcore from new listeners. Full releases are so DJ friendly, that it makes it laborious to listen to repetitive intro's and outro's for a headphone or casual listener.

Trance had this problem as well once the initial popularity dissipated in the 00's. 11 minute tracks with 3 minute progressive sections made it almost inconvenient to listen to. Now we hear trance and house everyday in the charts and on Spotify that's no longer than 3 or 4 minutes in length. Purists will always seek out the full length version if they enjoy the track enough.

I've not got stats or charts, but I'd surmise that popularity and track length are relatively closely linked. However, flicking through spotify listens on EP's containing radio and original mixes seems to support that concept.

In summary, I just think releasing music as though it were a 'single' would open it up more to a new type of listener. "The casual".

(links are discussion related only)
https://open.spotify.com/album/1hpSPXkeWOerOkdta9e7uB
https://open.spotify.com/album/5gEyRaKnK8pfbE7xX6MYzc
https://open.spotify.com/album/0o6WpWiWixF5LywoSkl57v
https://open.spotify.com/album/2XZisANVfYtuPeQfJCCICy

A.B

United Kingdom
70 posts
Posted - 2016/11/25 :  17:26:32  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit A.B's homepage
That's very interesting stuff actually, agreed about trance and that is definitely a genre to admire and not a million miles away in sound from freefomy hardcore stuff. I know S3RL has success with his radio versions on iTunes also.

Can't help but feel I've helped derail my own thread somewhat though ha. But a good discussion nonetheless!

Elipton
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,268 posts
Posted - 2016/11/25 :  17:37:02  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elipton's homepage
quote:
That's very interesting stuff actually, agreed about trance and that is definitely a genre to admire and not a million miles away in sound from freefomy hardcore stuff. I know S3RL has success with his radio versions on iTunes also.

Can't help but feel I've helped derail my own thread somewhat though ha. But a good discussion nonetheless!

I enjoyed chatting - Food for thought! Sorry about the derail!

Good luck with WGTS2!

Phobz
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
893 posts

13 hardcore releases
Posted - 2016/11/25 :  17:42:07  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Phobz's homepage
Just pre-ordered. Took advantage of the half price deal and got the new sample pack. Can't wait to have a play making some music. Look forward to the release. Thanks! =)

Impulse_Response
Advanced Member

United States
724 posts
Impulse_Response has attended 1 event
Posted - 2016/11/26 :  00:35:44  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Impulse_Response's homepage
I was very pleased with the first album (except the audible distortion in Juggernaut) so I will probably pick this one up at some point.

I'm open to the idea of radio mixes, though I don't think I will ever listen to them. I'm so used to long intros and outros that I almost can't stand to listen to radio mixes of things like trance and hardcore.

Edited by - Impulse_Response on 2016/11/26 00:39:20
martinj1985

United Kingdom
441 posts
Posted - 2016/11/26 :  17:25:09  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit martinj1985's homepage
hmmm so far i have pre-ordered Hardcore Heaven, ordered a last minute Like A Phoenix (Re-build Music) and now this!! i might as well give in and buy!

Edited by - martinj1985 on 2016/11/26 17:29:25
martinj1985

United Kingdom
441 posts
Posted - 2016/11/26 :  18:56:41  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit martinj1985's homepage
pre ordered!

silver
Admin

Japan
12,548 posts

894 hardcore releases
silver is verified hardcore artist silver is a site donation subscriber silver has attended 108 events
Posted - 2016/11/28 :  01:02:50  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit silver's homepage
Its not about moving things for sale, generally if you are offering "news" with a download link or pre-order link it's a "commercial endeavor" (using those words very loosely here). Even if you are not planning to make any money or are willing to lose money you are still gaining customers. I'm all for promoting everyone and the genre but servers cost money (my money).

We haven't moved a few of the CD topics recently but it will get to a point where more people will be posting "stuff for sale" and discussion will get cluttered and people will start saying "why did you move mine and not X... that's not fair" (which is already happening to a degree).

So I put it too you, do we move 100% anything that contains a download or pre-order link or do I charge 5 dollars (or something like that) not to move it? Other suggestions?

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,073 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2016/11/28 :  05:27:17  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by silver:
Its not about moving things for sale, generally if you are offering "news" with a download link or pre-order link it's a "commercial endeavor" (using those words very loosely here). Even if you are not planning to make any money or are willing to lose money you are still gaining customers. I'm all for promoting everyone and the genre but servers cost money (my money).

We haven't moved a few of the CD topics recently but it will get to a point where more people will be posting "stuff for sale" and discussion will get cluttered and people will start saying "why did you move mine and not X... that's not fair" (which is already happening to a degree).

So I put it too you, do we move 100% anything that contains a download or pre-order link or do I charge 5 dollars (or something like that) not to move it? Other suggestions?

I guess we should keep it as it is until we get more discussions running again. I could understand that 5-6 years ago it would've been cluttered but now there's not that many topics being created...

... Also people should learn how to forum :P

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 3 pages long: 1  2  3
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.4 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page