Total online 1916
 Radio listeners 174+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Who's Got The Stamina 2: 2 CDs+WAVs (Dual Format)
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 3

Author Thread  
A.B

United Kingdom
70 posts
Posted - 2016/11/28 :  19:50:15  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit A.B's homepage  Reply with quote
Here is the first clip!

Kevin Energy & Cube::Hard - Voice Of Carme (Trancend Remix)

quote:
Originally posted by silver:

So I put it too you, do we move 100% anything that contains a download or pre-order link or do I charge 5 dollars (or something like that) not to move it? Other suggestions?

Well, I could remove the website link in the original post if you like, I reckon most people here are smart enough to know where to go. I'd really like to keep the focus of this thread a discussion about the music that's on there - and the fact that it's a dual format product (an idea I got from reading this forum, actually).

When the release date hits, that's when it could be moved to new releases, as it's actually out then. Prob the 'fairest' way for CDs with pre-order this side of the New Year?

quote:
Originally posted by Samination:

I guess we should keep it as it is until we get more discussions running again. I could understand that 5-6 years ago it would've been cluttered but now there's not that many topics being created...

Agreed. So would be good to turn this thread into a discussion hub about the artists and music on there (but also other related discussions, like the artwork we chatted about above!), as there's not a huge deal of topics on the particular artists on this comp, from what I can initially see anyway.

Keen to hear thoughts on the first track and whether the dual format is something that appeals or something that doesn't bother anyone in the slightest 😂

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Edited by - A.B on 2016/11/28 19:51:40
Ikstra

United Kingdom
85 posts
Posted - 2016/11/29 :  10:03:45  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Ikstra's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by A.B:
Here is the first clip!

Kevin Energy & Cube::Hard - Voice Of Carme (Trancend Remix)

https://soundcloud.com/staminarecords/kevin-energy-cubehard-voice-of-carme-transcend-remix

Keen to hear thoughts on the first track and whether the dual format is something that appeals or something that doesn't bother anyone in the slightest 😂

Pre-ordered the album as soon as I saw it. First track is absolutely outstanding (as always with Transcend). Highly doubt I'll be disappointed.

The cover is fairly generic, not that it'd ever stop me from buying a CD. Obviously you want the brand recognition and want to keep the 'feel' of the series, but personally it looks bland compared to Vol. 1. The primary colour isn't enough to sell it to me to be honest, would prefer something with a little more variety in the colour scheme/background.

Probably a contentious viewpoint given the forum, but I prefer digital releases to non-digital releases at this stage in my life. Dual format is great for me.

I'm fairly minimalistic, and noticed a while back that I'd only use a CD to rip, then would never touch it again, I find this pretty wasteful. I don't own any tech with a CD drive any more and I'm likely to be moving quite a bit in the next few years. More stuff = more hassle.

Dual ownership is great as it implies that I'm getting a polished product, don't have to wait for delivery, can listen ASAP without needing to worry about backups, tunes will already be perfectly tagged and can easily transfer to my phone without delay.

Anyway, not to do anything down, can't wait for more clips, really excited for it & best of luck!

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,073 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2016/11/29 :  11:27:47  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
I might have made my opinion a bit to vocally, but I've never really liked much of the Stamina Records releases.

I was taken by a storm when it came to Freeform Family thou. I enjoyed the Rebuild and Stamina CDs more than the A-tech one (considering what kind of Freeform I supposedly like).

but your remix of Shadow of a Memory is still horrendous A.B :P

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

oxis

Portugal
128 posts
Posted - 2016/11/29 :  15:19:10  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit oxis's homepage  Reply with quote
came here to say that i love the remix of Shadow of a Memory just to make AB feel better

Cyrax
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
623 posts
Cyrax has attended 9 events
Posted - 2016/11/29 :  16:01:57  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Cyrax's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by oxis:
came here to say that i love the remix of Shadow of a Memory just to make AB feel better

yeah me too

Ikstra

United Kingdom
85 posts
Posted - 2016/11/29 :  17:10:25  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Ikstra's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by oxis:

Gonna echo that, it's a cracking tune

A.B

United Kingdom
70 posts
Posted - 2016/11/29 :  19:08:07  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit A.B's homepage  Reply with quote
^^^ Thanks! I enjoyed doing that remix :D Glad that the dual format is appreciated too. I agree CDs are being phased out by technology (Macs in particular) but I still like a tangible product, I guess this is the best of both worlds.

Another clip - an absolute belter from jD-KiD & Arun this time! Pure rushing trance vibes, a fave of mine from the discs - see(hear) what you think!

Edited by - A.B on 2016/11/29 19:08:33
Impulse_Response
Advanced Member

United States
724 posts
Impulse_Response has attended 1 event
Posted - 2016/11/29 :  23:01:34  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Impulse_Response's homepage  Reply with quote
I really enjoy the previews, and I think dual format is a great idea. I like collecting the CDs, though digital delivery lets me do without ripping, tagging, and converting everything before putting the files in my library and on my Zune.

I'm also one of those who thinks the CD format is a great thing and will always promote having some sort of physical medium. Apple products are probably not a great way to judge what is obsolete, because they like to attack the old and introduce the new so they can sell expensive stuff (e.g. getting rid of the headphone jack, which does an excellent job no matter how old the technology is).

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,073 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2016/11/30 :  05:34:40  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
Considering the stuff you can do with memory sticks these days, maybe someone will be creative with it, while still making it cheap. Maybe release cassette like boxes (maybe smaller) with all the tracks on a USB stick? Maybe even shaped as a mini cassette tape? :D

But yea, in the end CD and DVD's are still way cheaper to produce compared to that.

edit: There's always mini-dvd's. They still got atleast 1.4GiB so that's enough place for WAV+MP3 of atleast 1 album (unless the dual-layers work, then you get 2.6GiB!)

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

Edited by - Samination on 2016/11/30 05:39:41
Elipton
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,268 posts
Elipton has attended 2 events
Posted - 2016/11/30 :  12:32:00  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elipton's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
Considering the stuff you can do with memory sticks these days, maybe someone will be creative with it, while still making it cheap. Maybe release cassette like boxes (maybe smaller) with all the tracks on a USB stick? Maybe even shaped as a mini cassette tape? :D

But yea, in the end CD and DVD's are still way cheaper to produce compared to that.

edit: There's always mini-dvd's. They still got atleast 1.4GiB so that's enough place for WAV+MP3 of atleast 1 album (unless the dual-layers work, then you get 2.6GiB!)

I looked at SD cards and USB stick releases in 2011. It's unoriginal and using old technology. When music formats get smaller and smaller, it makes no sense to make something tangible when it's digital.

The trick to tapping into people's mind is by going in the opposite direction. A 12 inch vinyl sleeve gives far more space for creativity - especially when you can have various shaped or colours vinyl discs these days. CDJay tapped into this with canvas artworks. If an artist releases an album with theming on various types of media, they're onto a winner. However, it's not likely to return profit and needs funding.

The issue with creativity is that it often needs two things, money and passion.

I kept this quiet for a long time, but I spent a good year or so planning a release on a CD/vinyl hybrid disc, but I stopped producing before it could happen.

A.B

United Kingdom
70 posts
Posted - 2016/11/30 :  19:48:26  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit A.B's homepage  Reply with quote
My plan for the website *was* to offer USBs that you load with whatever tracks you choose and the tracks could come pre-RekordBoxed for DJs. It wouldn't be much of a stretch to offer albums in this format alongside CDs, too . Or maybe next time I'll try a digi-only album but traditionally digital sales are poor in comparison to *something* tangible.

Clip numero 3 is up - very pleased to have Scott Brown on the label. I am a huge SB fanboy (who isn't)

A.B

United Kingdom
70 posts
Posted - 2016/12/01 :  19:13:13  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit A.B's homepage  Reply with quote
Another clip!

Any/all feedback appreciated!

youngson

United Kingdom
106 posts
youngson has donated money to the site youngson has attended 1 event
Posted - 2016/12/01 :  21:57:30  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit youngson's homepage  Reply with quote
I really love your music in the last couple of years A.B the slightly harder stuff just does it for me, going to purchase this.

A.B

United Kingdom
70 posts
Posted - 2016/12/04 :  12:42:01  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit A.B's homepage  Reply with quote
Another clip! Nu Energy-like freeform from the Digital Commandos.

A.B

United Kingdom
70 posts
Posted - 2016/12/07 :  19:46:20  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit A.B's homepage  Reply with quote
More clips! New music from Alex BassJunkie, Darwin & 3Star, Lost Faith & Spectrum!

Over a 1/3rd of all stock has now been pre-sold too. You know the URL to pick one up if you want it :-)

Here's the music:

Love to know what you are/aren't feeling from the album so far, plenty more clips to come (14!)

Edited by - A.B on 2016/12/07 19:46:52

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 3 pages long: 1  2  3
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.3 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page