Printer friendly
Page: 
of 5

Author Thread  
PecheyTheLizard
Average Member

United States
172 posts
Posted - 2016/12/23 :  15:10:42  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit PecheyTheLizard's homepage  Reply with quote
I'm waiting for Olly to see this thread and be like "No, really guys. I'm ****in done"

Alert moderator Go to top of page
latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2016/12/23 :  15:14:59  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by skarr:
You get people who moan about things , then you get people who get off their ****in arse and do something about it, Thumpa is one of those people, never gave up, always stood up for what he believed in, REAL MAN.

Actually Thumpa is both of those people. He bitches and moans just as much as we do, if not more, but he still manages to get shit done.

trippnface
Advanced Member

United States
1,654 posts
trippnface has attended 21 events
Posted - 2016/12/26 :  00:30:52  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit trippnface's homepage  Reply with quote
****ing a you guys are all hilarious.

if only we all produced as much shit as we all talk hahaha ;p

for real though Thumpa; **** no dude. If you have any love for this scene; DO NOT ABANDON US BROTHER.

You are an asset friend; any and all remaining pillars of our scene must be accounted for and loved.

REMAIN STEADY

DJ A.K.
Average Member

United Kingdom
217 posts
Posted - 2016/12/26 :  13:38:47  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ A.K.'s homepage  Reply with quote
Hope he doesn't give up, we need more people promoting freeform and the more serious side of hardcore. Imo the hardcore scene is strongest when its at its most varied and not just everyone making whatever sub style is popular at the time, that way you can make your mixes as serious or happy as you choose.
Its a thankless task though so I can understand why he gets fed up from time to time.

GrahamC
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
590 posts
Posted - 2016/12/27 :  13:02:05  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit GrahamC's homepage  Reply with quote
With Hardcore Heaven doing so well it would be nice to see him get a mix on the next one! I would love to see a big 4-disc HH beast with Thumpa owning one of the discs, his skill on the decks is phenomenal!

Edited by - GrahamC on 2016/12/27 13:03:24
latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
Posted - 2016/12/27 :  14:45:38  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by GrahamC:
With Hardcore Heaven doing so well it would be nice to see him get a mix on the next one! I would love to see a big 4-disc HH beast with Thumpa owning one of the discs, his skill on the decks is phenomenal!

That ain't happening. If the HU series is no longer going to be a 4-disc series, then I doubt Jon will push HH to be one. At best we'll get 3 CDs out of it, which is very doable and I hope it happens.

djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2016/12/27 :  15:19:03  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage  Reply with quote
Won't happen without 3 discs worth of quality music

GrahamC
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
590 posts
Posted - 2016/12/27 :  16:26:17  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit GrahamC's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by djDMS:
Won't happen without 3 discs worth of quality music

I reckon Thumpa can come up with his discs worth with no real probs. He was putting 2-disc albums so filling up one shouldn't be too hard.

F&D seem to be able to churn out HQ music like a machine!

So that would just leave two discs to fill...

Personally I think it would be interesting to have Hixxy on a HU project, might spur him into producing a bit more and I reckon he would be able to pick up tracks from loads of other artists with little to no effort needed.

4th disc, I am not too sure, somebody way outwith the HU stable, Rolling Contact? He/they have produced some seriously good CDs

Elliott
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,137 posts
Posted - 2016/12/27 :  17:23:55  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elliott's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by latininxtc:
quote:
You get people who moan about things , then you get people who get off their ****in arse and do something about it, Thumpa is one of those people, never gave up, always stood up for what he believed in, REAL MAN.

Actually Thumpa is both of those people. He bitches and moans just as much as we do, if not more, but he still manages to get shit done.

This

Elipton
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,268 posts
Elipton has attended 2 events
Posted - 2016/12/27 :  20:40:51  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elipton's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Elliott:
quote:
Originally posted by latininxtc:
quote:

This

Yeah pretty much. He's certainly not one to sit on the fence.

lewiscanon

United Kingdom
71 posts
Posted - 2016/12/29 :  01:12:13  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit lewiscanon's homepage  Reply with quote
I dont know much about this Thumpa but fae all you members that know him. & i have relations that crave ir get there musical skills aff there oon family I am sure every bit aff Thumpas talent will rub aff his family, I wish him all the best wif his future this 2017 & I hope that he encourages his fans & close loved ones they keep Dance Music alive :) Like most ppl take early retirement they always bounce back ;)

Elliott
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,137 posts
Posted - 2016/12/31 :  07:43:49  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elliott's homepage  Reply with quote
On a serious note related to the OP, like most people on here (i.e. huge hardcore fans) I own a couple of Rebuild albums as well as pretty much the entire digital label from back in the day. As much as I dislike Thumpa as a person, I'd never rejoice in the death of any hardcore label (except maybe TWR). Some good tracks were released on Rebuild. Sad news if true.

Edit: That said, Thumpa does have prior form for hissy fit "exits" from the scene.

Edited by - Elliott on 2016/12/31 07:44:40
Smoogie
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,480 posts
Posted - 2016/12/31 :  22:37:57  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Smoogie's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
On a serious note related to the OP, like most people on here (i.e. huge hardcore fans) I own a couple of Rebuild albums as well as pretty much the entire digital label from back in the day. As much as I dislike Thumpa as a person, I'd never rejoice in the death of any hardcore label (except maybe TWR). Some good tracks were released on Rebuild. Sad news if true.

Edit: That said, Thumpa does have prior form for hissy fit "exits" from the scene.

What don't you like about Thumper? On the occasion I have spoke to him online he seemed cool.

But Hardcore on a whole holds little interest in me. I am Hard House now and as much as I love my Hardcore favourites, I cannot get anything from this new stuff. Even Freeform went too 'Trancy' for my liking.

Hard House for the win!

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
Posted - 2017/01/01 :  06:47:30  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Smoogie:
quote:

What don't you like about Thumper? On the occasion I have spoke to him online he seemed cool.

But Hardcore on a whole holds little interest in me. I am Hard House now and as much as I love my Hardcore favourites, I cannot get anything from this new stuff. Even Freeform went too 'Trancy' for my liking.

Hard House for the win!

So you like hard house now?

Vladel
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,514 posts
Posted - 2017/01/01 :  10:50:14  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Vladel's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Smoogie:
quote:

Hard House for the win!

Then why are you still here?

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 5 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.14 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page