Total online 1422
 Radio listeners 185+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Should Darren Styles support new producers more?
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 2

Author Thread  
CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2018/11/26 :  23:52:11  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage  Reply with quote
Wow. It's like a hug from Edward Scissorhands. Good luck getting a representative genre comp in future 😉

Edit: I mainly enjoy the idea of any uk hardcore mix being "safe" in the current climate. Genuinely, you'll miss it when it's gone.

CDJay

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Edited by - CDJay on 2018/11/26 23:54:46
SparkzMusic

Zimbabwe
334 posts
Posted - 2018/11/27 :  01:02:25  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit SparkzMusic's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by CDJay:
Wow. It's like a hug from Edward Scissorhands. Good luck getting a representative genre comp in future 😉

Edit: I mainly enjoy the idea of any uk hardcore mix being "safe" in the current climate. Genuinely, you'll miss it when it's gone.

CDJay

CDJay. I don't mean to burst the bubble or bring down that ego but surely c'mon.

A "representative genre comp" ?

What is representative of the genre? A side that has Fracus and Darwin, or a side that has Darren Styles? Answers on a postcard please.

Why would people, in most cases miss what isn't there and what they have lived so long without?

You are someone who has done a lot for the "scene" or whatever it's called now. You worked hard and went above the call of duty, but, let's just say even though it felt like it at times and perhaps was, it's not a voluntary position at all.

If the scene is so bad and the whole HU stuff or whatever is ....and to not quote me but it was something you said recently along the lines of "holding the scene together".... why not pack it in?

It just seems as if you speak about the releases you do in such a way, that if the god, yourself, wasn't getting stuff released then nobody would have anything to listen to...ever.

When truly, I think less people care than you think. On here anyway.

CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2018/11/27 :  11:36:59  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage  Reply with quote
The postcard would add "Mob" and "Tecknikore", and probably a list of the different artists featured across three albums in the space of just over 12 months.

After the crap at the start of the year, we stepped back to focus on internal projects and what's happened elsewhere as the year draws to a close? Next to nothing. Why? Well, it's alluded to else where in this thread, and forum, but it's something I've been banging my head against for years: a total lack of impetus and agency at all levels. Writing and releasing music is *CRITICAL* for a scene to survive, never mind thrive.

Everyone is sitting around sort of hoping this will fix itself, but it really won't until everyone at all levels actually starts writing and releasing music and then properly showcasing it to both existing and new audiences.

I'm *far* from claiming to be God as it's very clear that I've failed. I mean, look at the state of things FFS. I think you might have confused my frustration with something else entirely.

CDJay

Vladel
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,514 posts
Posted - 2018/11/27 :  13:44:05  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Vladel's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
The postcard would add "Mob" and "Tecknikore", and probably a list of the different artists featured across three albums in the space of just over 12 months.

After the crap at the start of the year, we stepped back to focus on internal projects and what's happened elsewhere as the year draws to a close? Next to nothing. Why? Well, it's alluded to else where in this thread, and forum, but it's something I've been banging my head against for years: a total lack of impetus and agency at all levels. Writing and releasing music is *CRITICAL* for a scene to survive, never mind thrive.

Everyone is sitting around sort of hoping this will fix itself, but it really won't until everyone at all levels actually starts writing and releasing music and then properly showcasing it to both existing and new audiences.

I'm *far* from claiming to be God as it's very clear that I've failed. I mean, look at the state of things FFS. I think you might have confused my frustration with something else entirely.

CDJay

No one can knock your dedication over the years and yes, this year has been very ****in grim

trippnface
Advanced Member

United States
1,654 posts
trippnface has attended 21 events
Posted - 2018/11/27 :  18:14:03  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit trippnface's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:

CDJay

I disagree with sam there, I think scott's mix was way safer than f & d's. i don't even think i liked 1 track off scott's mix, there was nothing i could identify as a scott brown sound, really. making it way too safe. atleast f& d mix did not make me forget i was listening to a hardcore mix. i see where you are coming from ,but how much general public is honestly paying attention? how much would honestly be lost just making a mix of full on bangers, and say **** the mainstream corporate sound or potential exposure? at this point, i think the " safe sound" is a lose lose.

the general public barely registers a blip, and the whiny jaded old hardcore heads just get bored. let's just go out with a bang. lol

trippnface
Advanced Member

United States
1,654 posts
Posted - 2018/11/27 :  18:18:19  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit trippnface's homepage  Reply with quote
it's honestly the same reason i can barely be bothered to attend a hardcore rave anymore.

i refuse to wade through through hours of butchered mixes containing ******** trap/dubstep/big room/ etc sounds, just to hear a few solid vocal bangers. It's a waste of my time. The vibe is gone.

If I feel the same way about hardcore mixes.... there is no way "playing it safe" is of value for us at this stage. Perhaps it was a valiant shot ,but I don't think it is paying off.

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,078 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2018/11/28 :  10:04:49  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by trippnface:
quote:

CDJay

I disagree with sam there, I think scott's mix was way safer than f & d's. i don't even think i liked 1 track off scott's mix, there was nothing i could identify as a scott brown sound, really. making it way too safe. atleast f& d mix did not make me forget i was listening to a hardcore mix. i see where you are coming from ,but how much general public is honestly paying attention? how much would honestly be lost just making a mix of full on bangers, and say **** the mainstream corporate sound or potential exposure? at this point, i think the " safe sound" is a lose lose.

the general public barely registers a blip, and the whiny jaded old hardcore heads just get bored. let's just go out with a bang. lol

so, you're disagreeing with me, by agreeing with me and saying it's even more safer than I said it was? :P

CDJay: Scott Browns mix contain zero gabber(ish) tracks, while F&D contained 1. You should never play more gabber than the Scotsman! :P

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

Edited by - Samination on 2018/11/28 10:05:15
djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2018/11/28 :  11:18:58  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage  Reply with quote
It was what it needed to be. Didn't blow my pants off but was a definite representation of the music at the time (and since).

As for the 'why not release a CD full of bangers' argument.

Good luck with that! I've been gathering tunes for a mix that I'd want to listen to all the way through for months and I'm still nowhere near.

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,078 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2018/11/28 :  11:57:03  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by djDMS:
It was what it needed to be. Didn't blow my pants off but was a definite representation of the music at the time (and since).

Good luck with that! I've been gathering tunes for a mix that I'd want to listen to all the way through for months and I'm still nowhere near.

are you talking about newer tracks, or 30 years of music that you cant fill 60-80 minutes of?

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2018/11/28 :  12:48:22  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage  Reply with quote
New, obviously.

I could knock out 50 CDs of old tunes without any trouble.

I know there is still good stuff out there but it's so spread out it takes a lot of finding

trippnface
Advanced Member

United States
1,654 posts
Posted - 2018/11/28 :  19:47:30  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit trippnface's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by djDMS:

good point...

trippnface
Advanced Member

United States
1,654 posts
Posted - 2018/11/28 :  19:48:36  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit trippnface's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
quote:
Originally posted by trippnface:
quote:

CDJay

so, you're disagreeing with me, by agreeing with me and saying it's even more safer than I said it was? :P

CDJay: Scott Browns mix contain zero gabber(ish) tracks, while F&D contained 1. You should never play more gabber than the Scotsman! :P

k.. i'm stoned lol

rafferty
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
621 posts
Posted - 2018/11/30 :  07:01:15  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit rafferty's homepage  Reply with quote
Here a is set from him last year. With all tracks from well established producers. Saying that I am surprised how big parties seem to be getting in Australia. They seem to be getting higher attendances there than even Westfest.

Darren Styles Knockout Circuz, Sydney

Candy & anime was just a faze & a total embarrassment that everyone mocks and laughs at now.

Edited by - rafferty on 2018/11/30 07:09:32
CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2018/11/30 :  10:39:51  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage  Reply with quote
Anyone 'member EDC? It was going to save it all, because Hardcore. Oh.

It's like living in Groundhog Day 2: the sequel where everyone remembers last time but expects a different outcome the trillionth time around.

CDJay

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 2 pages long: 1  2
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.65 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page