Printer friendly
Page: 
of 16

Author Thread  
SPOOX
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,644 posts
Posted - 2009/04/24 :  08:36:38  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit SPOOX's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by acidfluxxbass:
the issue we all have with scooter is that they are a cheese dance group who make terrible music in general. they call them selves 'hardcore' when really they are not. in fact, the 'hardcore'ness is only another way to sell themselves to listeners. in short. they aren't hardcore, therefore have no place on a hardcore CD... Ive heard so many scooter remixes aswell they're just boring..

same goes for cascada, styles and e-type.

Pretty much what i was gonna say.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
acidfluxxbass
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
5,000 posts
Posted - 2009/04/24 :  08:44:24  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit acidfluxxbass's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by SPOOX:
quote:
the issue we all have with scooter is that they are a cheese dance group who make terrible music in general. they call them selves 'hardcore' when really they are not. in fact, the 'hardcore'ness is only another way to sell themselves to listeners. in short. they aren't hardcore, therefore have no place on a hardcore CD... Ive heard so many scooter remixes aswell they're just boring..

Pretty much what i was gonna say.

thats good, i though i was rambling like a moron.

in honesty, the music they make is okay, but not at all suitable for bonkers.

even if it is remixed, how much better can it be? are we all sick of that same high pitched voice and poor MCing on top? I am...

It's just a bit more sneaky promotion from AATW... :(

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/archefluxxuk

Triquatra

United Kingdom
12,635 posts
Triquatra is a site donation subscriber Triquatra has attended 26 events
Posted - 2009/04/24 :  08:44:59  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Triquatra's homepage  Reply with quote
i know where you guys are coming from - but if its a hardcore remix of one of thier tracks it has every right to be on a hardcore album...especially because of who remixed it!!!! :)

i havent even heard these remixes, and im really looking forward to hearing the NEC's take on these songs...i think everyone needs to lighten up a bit!..wait till the cd is out, and everyones heard the tracks on it....then you should complain :)

Edited by - Triquatra on 2009/04/24 08:46:01
acidfluxxbass
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
5,000 posts
Posted - 2009/04/24 :  08:55:33  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit acidfluxxbass's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by DjTriquatra:
i know where you guys are coming from - but if its a hardcore remix of one of thier tracks it has every right to be on a hardcore album...especially because of who remixed it!!!! :)

i havent even heard these remixes, and im really looking forward to hearing the NEC's take on these songs...i think everyone needs to lighten up a bit!..wait till the cd is out, and everyones heard the tracks on it....then you should complain :)

we'll have to see. what hurts the most for me is the fact that everyones going to forget the roots of bonkers.. bonkers 1. im just happy i discovered it before this came out to replace it..

i have my fingers crossed for this one though. i will buy it, but i really want to hear 'bonkers'. actual 'bonkers'. tbh i doubt im going to hear it through the likes of 'amigos' but sharkey is the one we'll hold out for.

you know, you never know. maybe each cd inside the pack has a cartoon on? like the classic bonkers, unknowns cd has a cartoon unknown on, same with sharkey and hixxy? after atll, they kept thte old logo lol

fingers crossed, eh?

Triquatra

United Kingdom
12,635 posts
Posted - 2009/04/24 :  09:08:49  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Triquatra's homepage  Reply with quote
yeah, i hope that people dont forget where bonkers came from, and hopefully AATW will acknowledge the older bonkers in the TV ads, i would have thought they would want to (seeing as they want the bonkers name) if they want to ride off the previous success' of the past bonkers then they will want to keep it inline with the rest (hense the kept the logo)

watch this forum start to fill up with 5 times more newbies after bonkers is released ;)
(someone quote me on this when it happens hahaha)

when they do come, if they arent in the know - i think people on here are going to make sure that they DO know lol ;)

ChrisDale

United Kingdom
420 posts
Posted - 2009/04/24 :  10:53:12  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit ChrisDale's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
yeah, i hope that people dont forget where bonkers came from, and hopefully AATW will acknowledge the older bonkers in the TV ads, i would have thought they would want to (seeing as they want the bonkers name)

yeah i agree, it looks that AATW are trying to make everyone forget about the old bonkers

Edited by - ChrisDale on 2009/04/24 10:53:52
Triquatra

United Kingdom
12,635 posts
Posted - 2009/04/24 :  11:14:53  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Triquatra's homepage  Reply with quote
then your agreeing with acid, not me lol - i dont think they want people to forget the old bonkers at all - because thats the whole reason they bought the name - because of its name and following, its the following they want to keep, else they would have just changed the logo and the DJ's...and tryed to make it at least look a million miles from the other bonkers, as it stands i think this album, at least cover wise will fit in just fine with the rest of the bonkers (9,10 and 11 excluded)

im willing to bet that they will say somthing nodding toward the fact there have been other bonkers albums in the past
"Bonkers continues" .."Bonkers is back..and more zaney than ever"
that type of thing...besides, i think younger kids need to be given more credit - if they have the internet, it will take them seconds to find out that there have been 18/19 bokers albums before this one lol

lozowen
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
533 posts
lozowen has attended 10 events
Posted - 2009/04/24 :  13:22:25  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit lozowen's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
the issue we all have with scooter is that they are a cheese dance group who make terrible music in general.

in short. they aren't hardcore, therefore have no place on a hardcore CD...

lol mate, there are so many remixes out there nowerdays of "cheese dance groups", i think it kinda makes your point void.

on www.NARCOTICRADIO.co.uk
- Upfront Hardcore & Gabber

Meathead
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
4,217 posts
Posted - 2009/04/24 :  13:23:15  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Meathead's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by MAtRiCks:
quote:

I think a Hardcore remix by Sharkey & K-complex belongs on a Hardcore cd, even if the original is by Scooter. Now we will only know if it is good or not when it comes out.

You cant polish a turd. Simple as that. The original being Scooter, it doesnt matter who remixes it it's still Scooter. That Nessaja track was ok but the original was ok. Im not too bothered about the Posse tune cos i actually like that (i still dont think either should be on a Hardcore compilation remix or not but there you go) my problem is with Jumping All Over The World - which im sure isnt the Status Quo track, if its that one i will be pissed. Jumping al over the world or the other one with Status Quo (dont know the name) being on there is a piss take. I dont care if its Sharkey, K-Komplex, Darren Styles or even Darwin remixing it. Its still gonna be awful

Btw i know Darwin wouldnt do such a thing im just trying to make a point.

EDIT

Couple of other things.

1. i dont think Scooter really consider themselves Hardcore anymore. Maybe a few years ago, but now it seems theyre quite happy to make commercial music and have done for a good few years, theyre making Jumpstyle now.

2. Why the f*ck are people saying theyre going to buy this even if they dont like it when it does come out? Surely thats just exasibating this problem of commercial Hardcore tunes and remixes of commercial tunes into commercial Hardcore.

Why complain away about how AATW are gonna **** up Bonkers and then still go ahead and support them in doing this by buying the album anyway? Youre just as bad as them imo. If youre doing this to "support the scene" (i hate when people say that) then surely there are other ways to do this, ways that will ensure more GOOD Hardcore is produced. As appose to supporting this heap of shit and basically giving Hardcore producers the nod to make even more commercial shite because they know that morons will still lap it up to support their precious scene. Also making good/underground Hardcore producers think "why bother?"

AATW arent killing "the scene". We are by allowing them to do so. If you dont like what they are doing then do something about it. Dont just sit at your computer typing angrily about your cartoons and hate of all things commercial on an internet forum then go lace the pockets of the very people you are complaining about. Christ get a grip

That 2nd bit isnt directed solely at you Acid, so please dont take it as a personal attack at you mate.

"Music creates order out of chaos; for rhythm imposes unanimity upon the divergent, melody imposes continuity upon the disjointed, and harmony imposes compatibility upon the incongruous." -Sir Yehudi Menuhin

Edited by - Meathead on 2009/04/24 13:51:32
Triquatra

United Kingdom
12,635 posts
Posted - 2009/04/24 :  14:27:44  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Triquatra's homepage  Reply with quote
meh
they've made some really awful songs, and some good ones... just like with any artist really..

music is music to me, im not going to hate a track or remix just because its scooter

if i like a song its because its good, not because of who made it..

MAtRiCks
Advanced Member

Canada
1,059 posts
MAtRiCks has attended 1 event
Posted - 2009/04/24 :  15:11:07  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit MAtRiCks's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by djkenmasters:
quote:
quote:

I think a Hardcore remix by Sharkey & K-complex belongs on a Hardcore cd, even if the original is by Scooter. Now we will only know if it is good or not when it comes out.

The Hardcore remix of Scooter - Nessaja, by Breeze on CXH2 is very good like Deezenuts said. I'm sure Sharkey & Kevin Energy are gonna turn this one into a must-have release as well.

The thing is, if they are going to make totally different, better version of the track, which will need a lot of work to do so IMO, & turn it into something the freeform lovers will like, they might aswell just make a completely new track & do something a bit different.

They're only remixing it cause its got the Scooter name as the artist. Am I wrong?

they're probably only remixing it because AATW said so. I don't like when companies do that, as it happens a lot with Eurobeat too... It doesn't mean the track will be bad either, so as long as it is Hardcore and it is enjoyable, i'm in.

acidfluxxbass
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
5,000 posts
Posted - 2009/04/24 :  15:13:09  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit acidfluxxbass's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Meathead:
quote:
quote:

You cant polish a turd. Simple as that. The original being Scooter, it doesnt matter who remixes it it's still Scooter. That Nessaja track was ok but the original was ok. Im not too bothered about the Posse tune cos i actually like that (i still dont think either should be on a Hardcore compilation remix or not but there you go) my problem is with Jumping All Over The World - which im sure isnt the Status Quo track, if its that one i will be pissed. Jumping al over the world or the other one with Status Quo (dont know the name) being on there is a piss take. I dont care if its Sharkey, K-Komplex, Darren Styles or even Darwin remixing it. Its still gonna be awful

Btw i know Darwin wouldnt do such a thing im just trying to make a point.

EDIT

Couple of other things.

1. i dont think Scooter really consider themselves Hardcore anymore. Maybe a few years ago, but now it seems theyre quite happy to make commercial music and have done for a good few years, theyre making Jumpstyle now.

2. Why the f*ck are people saying theyre going to buy this even if they dont like it when it does come out? Surely thats just exasibating this problem of commercial Hardcore tunes and remixes of commercial tunes into commercial Hardcore.

Why complain away about how AATW are gonna **** up Bonkers and then still go ahead and support them in doing this by buying the album anyway? Youre just as bad as them imo. If youre doing this to "support the scene" (i hate when people say that) then surely there are other ways to do this, ways that will ensure more GOOD Hardcore is produced. As appose to supporting this heap of shit and basically giving Hardcore producers the nod to make even more commercial shite because they know that morons will still lap it up to support their precious scene. Also making good/underground Hardcore producers think "why bother?"

AATW arent killing "the scene". We are by allowing them to do so. If you dont like what they are doing then do something about it. Dont just sit at your computer typing angrily about your cartoons and hate of all things commercial on an internet forum then go lace the pockets of the very people you are complaining about. Christ get a grip

That 2nd bit isnt directed solely at you Acid, so please dont take it as a personal attack at you mate.

i admit I'll buy the CD. i buy any hardcore cd that comes out simply to fill up the cd rack and enjoy whats worth enjoying. That doesnt stop me from ripping into AATW. They have very commercial music signed to them and it's being regurgitated into hardcore so much now, that it's becoming a terrible cliche. they may get a hell lot of money from the cd, but how long will it last? all the terrible reviews about the place will spread and will take influence over the newbies. we are the hardcore elites. we've been around longest and know more.

i know that im bitching about AATW, probably moreso than anyone else simply because bonkers has been a love of mine for a very long time and I lisrten to it all the time. but if it's a hardcore cd, and I can get it for the small amount of good music that's on there, then I'll do so. I'd buy other poor cd's like decadance and good cd's like HU3 all the same. by buying an AATW product isnt supporting them any moreso than i do for the guys that make Hardwired, or HU3, or Hardcore nation or anything else.

The fact is, whether we all buy it or not, AATW will have a very manipulative influence over younger minds and all those younger minds entering hardcore will be more than enough to fuel AATW after that. it's up to DJ's like Sharkey to resist the 'plague' (and im using that term wrecklessly). but the fact is sharkey wouldnt be in it for the money.. surely not.. he's only in it so he doesnt have to part with bonkers. and after all, bonkers is probably the main source of his achievment to date, along with freeformation events.

MAtRiCks
Advanced Member

Canada
1,059 posts
MAtRiCks has attended 1 event
Posted - 2009/04/24 :  15:29:12  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit MAtRiCks's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
we are the hardcore elites. we've been around longest and know more.

wow

there is a world outside of happyhardcore.com

This isn't the only place where people that have been listening to Hardcore for a 'long time' gather and discuss. You are not standing at the turning point of the universe.

Elitist, maybe. Elite, my ass.

As much as I don't agree with a lot of AATW's management decisions, I can't support statements like this.

Edited by - MAtRiCks on 2009/04/24 15:30:35
Meathead
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
4,217 posts
Posted - 2009/04/24 :  15:37:38  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Meathead's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:

i admit I'll buy the CD. i buy any hardcore cd that comes out simply to fill up the cd rack and enjoy whats worth enjoying. That doesnt stop me from ripping into AATW. They have very commercial music signed to them and it's being regurgitated into hardcore so much now, that it's becoming a terrible cliche. they may get a hell lot of money from the cd, but how long will it last? all the terrible reviews about the place will spread and will take influence over the newbies. we are the hardcore elites. we've been around longest and know more.

i know that im bitching about AATW, probably moreso than anyone else simply because bonkers has been a love of mine for a very long time and I lisrten to it all the time. but if it's a hardcore cd, and I can get it for the small amount of good music that's on there, then I'll do so. I'd buy other poor cd's like decadance and good cd's like HU3 all the same. by buying an AATW product isnt supporting them any moreso than i do for the guys that make Hardwired, or HU3, or Hardcore nation or anything else.

The fact is, whether we all buy it or not, AATW will have a very manipulative influence over younger minds and all those younger minds entering hardcore will be more than enough to fuel AATW after that. it's up to DJ's like Sharkey to resist the 'plague' (and im using that term wrecklessly). but the fact is sharkey wouldnt be in it for the money.. surely not.. he's only in it so he doesnt have to part with bonkers. and after all, bonkers is probably the main source of his achievment to date, along with freeformation events.

They dont give a shit about bitching on forums though mate, the only measure they will use as to whether the CD is a success or not is money. If people buy this then AATW are earning from it, that's supporting them and letting them, know that they can make more shite and people will buy it. Support for them is money, NOT bad forum reviews or any reviews for that matter. Even if the artists involved walk upto Mr fat cat at AATW and slap him (or her) in the face and say the album is shit, theyll shrug that off and look at the pile of money flowing in for this album and that's what theyll go off. In this case money is everything. Complain all you like on here, it wont change anything if youre still buying the album and giving youre money to AATW. Not saying youre supporting them more than other companies, but youre still supporting them and the commercial shite that theyre pumping into Hardcore. See the bigger picture and do what you can to change it.

Sharkey has to earn a living. Im not having a pop at him for this, i have lost almost all respect for him for it but he has to earn a living, and like (almost) anyone else will do what he can to achieve this. He could have quite easily said no to this, AATW didnt hold a gun to his head and say "MIX IT!!!!" it was entirely his choice as was signing to AATW in the first place. So in actual fact, although he may have other reasons, Sharkey IS in it for the money. This doesnt make him a bad person but it is true.

"Music creates order out of chaos; for rhythm imposes unanimity upon the divergent, melody imposes continuity upon the disjointed, and harmony imposes compatibility upon the incongruous." -Sir Yehudi Menuhin

Ken Masters
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,447 posts
Posted - 2009/04/24 :  16:45:19  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Ken Masters's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Meathead:
So in actual fact, although he may have other reasons, Sharkey IS in it for the money. This doesnt make him a bad person but it is true.

Yeah, I have to agree there meathead. Sharkey is in it for the money now i'm afraid otherwise he'd have done what Scott Brown's down & wash his hands of AATW.

As for him having to make a living, I don't agree with that one bit. There's alot of shitty jobs i'd rather have than selling out Hardcore. Obviously the fat cats have waved a nice big cheque infront of his cheeky little face & he's snatched it up but they'll have done the same to Scott Brown & he's told em where to go GOOD LAD!

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 16 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5 ... 11  12  13  14  15  16
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 2.03 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page