Page: 
of 16

Author Thread  
MAtRiCks
Advanced Member

Canada
1,059 posts
MAtRiCks has attended 1 event
Posted - 2009/04/27 :  02:21:50  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit MAtRiCks's homepage  Reply with quote
I find they should have got someone else for the 3rd cd... I guess Hixxy's name is just that big that they're confident it will boost the sales, but the RBC seem to be keeping their upcoming stuff exclusively for the next HTID & CXH...

Alert moderator Go to top of page
kathryn
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,520 posts
kathryn has attended 3 events
Posted - 2009/04/27 :  09:34:55  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit kathryn's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by DjTriquatra:
yeah - that whole "tv album" is a bit odd"..like i said earlier, its not exactly unusual for bonkers to be on TV since its been advertised on their since bonkers 9 lol

I lol'd earlier regarding this because it was referred to as a tv album which i know it is just made me lol.

Edited by - kathryn on 2009/04/27 09:36:23
acidfluxxbass
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
5,000 posts
Posted - 2009/04/27 :  10:43:22  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit acidfluxxbass's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by MAtRiCks:
I find they should have got someone else for the 3rd cd... I guess Hixxy's name is just that big that they're confident it will boost the sales, but the RBC seem to be keeping their upcoming stuff exclusively for the next HTID & CXH...

you walk down the street and often you hear 'sacrifice' playing on someones phone.

he has a big influence over the 'noobs'.. not only that, hes native to Bonkers. he started it. it'd be kinda off to exclude him from it's 'rebirth'..

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/archefluxxuk

sharkzter

United Kingdom
29 posts
sharkzter is verified hardcore artist
Posted - 2009/04/27 :  13:15:41  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit sharkzter's homepage  Reply with quote
Just to start This is going on a few sites so is not directed at each site but to everyone

thanks!! (and that is not to everyone)

I mean i put a good weaver remix onto Bonkers...so what if it's a scooter track!!!! its the bollocks and has kicked ass for months in my set. There have been a few more more underground hardcore Jocks trying to get this record off me for months as Bonkers was meant to be sooner so i kept a lid on it. So it must be shit!!!

The status Quo/scooter track is wrong i did not remix a quo track i did remix of Scooter jumpin all over the world remix. This is a mistake and is being rectified. I like the track and im not the only one who thought it was a good single to have a go at im sure a few others wouldnt have turned down the chance to remix it.

My mix was reduced to 18 tracks from a starting selection of 25. i had to choose between tracks and work out at the same time what was good in the mix. So before people start saying this and that they need to realise what really happens and goes on!!!!

Look at my tracklist and see other artists that do not make clubland usually that are my mix

CLSM
Marc Smith
Al Storm
Kevin Energy
Darwin
Arkitech
Sharkey hehehe
S3RL
Brisk
Ham
weaver

Are you begrudging them the chance to earn some Kudos finally?????
Now Darwin is a major top roller on my mix fully deserved. Weaver made it on my mix as a result of a good remix. Arkitech has sung a great song on this with when tears fall. i would have hated to put a mix together without the all of them i want them to succeed and finally they have someone who is licensing their music onto a major advertised album. They wouldnt have as much of a chance otherwise....so would you turn the chance down??

of course you would

now then......

I have been accused of selling out on various sites by signing to all around the world let me tell ya a story then.

Are you guy's seriously saying i should have turned them down?

what idiot would?

Just because it is AATW it makes a difference? i dont see the logic in that

I have always done my own thing and will be carrying on my own thing.

they knew what sharkey was when they signed me. They want my vocals, they want me to just be myself and express

they know what they are signing with me and they know that they are not always gonna get what they get off darren styles. Do you think i would have signed for them if i was gonna be told what to write???????? I mean i have spent a whole career on not doing as im told. Again i will say just because its AATW it makes such a difference??

There were other companies intersted in signing me and i weighed up all the options. The best deal for myself and all the artists i represent was the AATW deal. They will give all the artists the exposure that they finally need. i work in a scene where some artists dont get the respect they deserve. Getting signed to AATW was a breath of fresh air for them. they know that everyone gets a chance on my mix so it kinda helped everyone as they finally can earn some money...they have earned it as well. We have all had to work twice as hard to get somewhere...If only you knew

I have not been on here for a while as this thread proves that there are too many people ready to judge things before they actually need to be judged. just enjoy my mix then make as many comments on you want on the mix. To say your not buying an album because of the cover is just stupid. Just wait and hear the album!!

and for those people who have slagged me behind my back by saying nothing to my face or taking bookings off me for Freeformation but go online and and say all kinds of things

i know who ya are.......thanks! i supported you and your music and this is the thanks i get for it

Triquatra

United Kingdom
12,635 posts
Triquatra is a site donation subscriber Triquatra has attended 26 events
Posted - 2009/04/27 :  13:26:55  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Triquatra's homepage  Reply with quote
this would be the perfect point for someone to post an "owned" picture ;)

acidfluxxbass
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
5,000 posts
Posted - 2009/04/27 :  13:44:15  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit acidfluxxbass's homepage  Reply with quote
some valid points from sharkey.

i still feel that the albums only worth the sale thanks to sharkeys disc. My opinion on the scooter remixes maybe negative, but i respect the reasoning. if you like them, put them on, but it appears to the community that AATW pushed scooter infront of your nose as suddenly they're on bonkers for the first time.

whilst it shows less on sharkeys mix, it does appear that there are similarities between bonkers - toh and htid or clubland also from aatw. unknowns cd has very aatw-esque tunes and remixes. robyn, xml (propably spelt wrong) and other 'commercial' songs that i dont feel fit the traditional bonkers trend of being a bit more 'underground'. i guess we have to expect it (and we did). also, hixxy's mix, whilst containing good tunes appear to have the same kind of tracklist as the 3rd cd on htid or cxh5.

It's always the sharkey cd i enjoy most on bonkers and I know this will continue. clearly the more underground and less heard tracks are on there and that's the main element i like in hardcore. i simply hope aatw doesnt push too much of their stuff infront of sharkeys nose and expect you to help support their existing franchise.

Like I've said I'll buy the cd, simply because its hardcore, it's bonkers and sharkeys one of the best personalities in hardcore.
I wouldn't mind hearing his views on the restarting of the bonkers franchise and the exclusion of the traditional cartoons which are topics which have evidently been underfire.

Ps. just to clarify, wen i said hardcore 'elites', i meant we have been the ones who have heard hardcore from it's roots and since the underground ages of before the millenia in comparison to those introduced to hardcore through, say, clubland or whatnot. Elite was the wrong terminology, i guess i meant 'veteran'? i speak mindlss crap sometimes lol

MAtRiCks
Advanced Member

Canada
1,059 posts
Posted - 2009/04/27 :  13:59:30  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit MAtRiCks's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
hixxy's mix, whilst containing good tunes appear to have the same kind of tracklist as the 3rd cd on htid or cxh5.

Hixxy's disc on CXH5 has NOTHING to do with this classics anthems cd coming out on the next bonkers. There isn't a single repeat on it, and very few remixes of old tracks. It's also excellent :P You're 100% right about the HTID cd though.

quote:

you walk down the street and often you hear 'sacrifice' playing on someones phone.

he has a big influence over the 'noobs'.. not only that, hes native to Bonkers. he started it. it'd be kinda off to exclude him from it's 'rebirth'..

That is completely awesome! Upfront Hardcore @ random people's phone ring. You don't get that often here in Canada :P

I know his name has a significant importance when it comes to Bonkers, and like I said it most probably shows sales-wise, I just wish they chose someone who's best new material isn't reserved for another series. Dougal &/or Gammer comes to mind for example! I'm waiting to find out what their new outlet is gonna be now that True Hardcore is gone, but I think Bonkers would have been perfect.

Edited by - MAtRiCks on 2009/04/27 14:00:27
Meathead
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
4,217 posts
Posted - 2009/04/27 :  16:04:45  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Meathead's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
this would be the perfect point for someone to post an "owned" picture ;)

Myself included

Fair enough, the choice of remixing and including the Scooter track in his mix was entirely Sharkey's, should have known really from the videos on Youtube :p As long as AATW arent pressuring artists and bending them to their will im not fussed. I still wont buy this album.

1. i dont have enough money to waste on a pile of shite with maybe one good CD.
2. i ****ing hate AATW and everything they stand for *shakes fist* and refuse to give them my hard earned tenner (yes i am a cheapskate).

Im glad all the underground artists Sharkey listed (amongst others) will get the recignition and money they have deserved for a long while, but i stand my ground. These artists have (and probably will continue to be) featured on Hardcore Underground and other smaller compilations, which i am more than happy to throw money at willy nilly, so either way theyre getting my support and recignition, im just cutting AATW completely out of the picture *shakes fist some more*. I will change this world (ok not the world just the Hardcore scene but world sounded cooler in my head) one compilation at a time.

"Music creates order out of chaos; for rhythm imposes unanimity upon the divergent, melody imposes continuity upon the disjointed, and harmony imposes compatibility upon the incongruous." -Sir Yehudi Menuhin

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2009/04/27 :  16:13:07  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:
hixxy's mix, whilst containing good tunes appear to have the same kind of tracklist as the 3rd cd on htid or cxh5.

Hixxy's disc on CXH5 has NOTHING to do with this classics anthems cd coming out on the next bonkers. There isn't a single repeat on it, and very few remixes of old tracks. It's also excellent :P You're 100% right about the HTID cd though.

He should've said clubland in general. i can count at least 8 of those tracks appeared on Clubland. and i have the HTID album i seriously thought they just copied that bonus cd from any clubland.

and yes sharkey was right for saying something. i was getting sick and tired of people bitching about the cover when it is the least important thing about the album, regardless of whether it's been a longstanding tradition.

and hating on his cd because of the scooter track is wrong. i also made a small comment about it, but it never meant to hate his whole contribution to the album. we should leave the criticziing of sharkey's mix unless you are mentioning something different. he doesn't deserve it.

however, bitcha about Unknown and Hixxy's cd all you want because that's where the real flaws in the album are.

Ken Masters
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,447 posts
Posted - 2009/04/27 :  16:31:00  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Ken Masters's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by sharkzter:
Just to start This is going on a few sites so is not directed at each site but to everyone

thanks!! (and that is not to everyone)

I mean i put a good weaver remix onto Bonkers...so what if it's a scooter track!!!! its the bollocks and has kicked ass for months in my set. There have been a few more more underground hardcore Jocks trying to get this record off me for months as Bonkers was meant to be sooner so i kept a lid on it. So it must be shit!!!

The status Quo/scooter track is wrong i did not remix a quo track i did remix of Scooter jumpin all over the world remix. This is a mistake and is being rectified. I like the track and im not the only one who thought it was a good single to have a go at im sure a few others wouldnt have turned down the chance to remix it.

My mix was reduced to 18 tracks from a starting selection of 25. i had to choose between tracks and work out at the same time what was good in the mix. So before people start saying this and that they need to realise what really happens and goes on!!!!

Look at my tracklist and see other artists that do not make clubland usually that are my mix

CLSM
Marc Smith
Al Storm
Kevin Energy
Darwin
Arkitech
Sharkey hehehe
S3RL
Brisk
Ham
weaver

In the hope that you'll check back to this post Sharkey, whats the story with the 2nd coming of 'Hardlife' then?

I've been eagerly awaiting this since I bought the first one all those moons ago. I'm not really a big fan of all this new Bonkers malarky but the quality of the tracks on Kaotik is 2nd to none & i'm seriously looking forward to what you've got in store for this. Can you shed any light

MAtRiCks
Advanced Member

Canada
1,059 posts
Posted - 2009/04/27 :  16:38:34  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit MAtRiCks's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by latininxtc:
quote:
quote:

He should've said clubland in general. i can count at least 8 of those tracks appeared on Clubland. and i have the HTID album i seriously thought they just copied that bonus cd from any clubland.

*puts on thick mascara* LEAVE CLUBLAND ALONE! I MEAN IT! *dries mascara filled tears*

Haha, but seriously they're all just old raver baby tracks from various albums like bonkers and clubland.

Edited by - MAtRiCks on 2009/04/27 16:40:01
Triquatra

United Kingdom
12,635 posts
Triquatra is a site donation subscriber Triquatra has attended 26 events
Posted - 2009/04/27 :  17:15:33  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Triquatra's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by djkenmasters:
In the hope that you'll check back to this post Sharkey

and whilst we're on that case - Ravechief on bonkers 3....how the hell!!??! lol

was it vinyl..promo..mp3!! we want it!!!!! :D

acidfluxxbass
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
5,000 posts
Posted - 2009/04/27 :  17:41:05  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit acidfluxxbass's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by djkenmasters:
In the hope that you'll check back to this post Sharkey

and whilst we're on that case - Ravechief on bonkers 3....how the hell!!??! lol

was it vinyl..promo..mp3!! we want it!!!!! :D

whilst your at it, is there a full version of 'beginning of the end' also from bonkers 3?

catjam

United Kingdom
407 posts
Posted - 2009/04/27 :  20:20:51  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit catjam's homepage  Reply with quote
I like the cover, but going by the names mentioned....im not interested this release

"The album will be supported by a heavy TV marketing campaign"

TV marketing`s definition of hardcore is completely different from mine lol

Nice Find DjTriquatra

http://rapidshare.com/files/301062605/Hardcore_Havoc.mp3

JTC - Just Another Hardcore Havoc

http://rapidshare.com/files/319592945/Just_Another_Hardcore_Havoc.mp3

pm me for TL

Edited by - catjam on 2009/04/27 20:21:45
kathryn
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,520 posts
kathryn has attended 3 events
Posted - 2009/04/27 :  21:10:23  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit kathryn's homepage  Reply with quote
ok so Sharkey posted the long winded post about his mix.
But what about the rest of the album?
He didnt address the points people have raised criticizing the rest of the album?
It would be interesting to hear his thoughts on the direction the series has taken as he and Hixxy were the creators of the series?

Edited by - kathryn on 2009/04/27 21:22:59

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 16 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5 ... 12  13  14  15  16
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.81 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page