Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Brisk & Ham - In Your Life
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 2

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
Anon.
Average Member

United Kingdom
169 posts
Posted - 2019/07/18 :  21:28:12  Show profile Send a private message
Came across the one on youtube classed as scott brown remix, thats a lie.

What version is this: (EDIT, this appears to be the bonkers 13 version)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M68rLoI2kJQ

It sounds like the original but i thought this was it:(EDIT: Am I right in guessing brisk and ham had to get the vocals redone because of copyright so made this version to release ?)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfwEZyceLMU

Then I checked Discogs and seen that storm and euphony done a remix, im so confused haha

I know its not gammers remix

Alert moderator

Edited by - Anon. on 2019/07/18 21:35:02
warped_candykid
Advanced Member

United States
3,934 posts
warped_candykid has attended 5 events
Posted - 2019/07/22 :  07:11:29  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit warped_candykid's homepage
I use to think it was Gammer remix until I saw the Al Storm & Euphony tag a few months ago.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,072 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2019/07/22 :  10:25:55  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage
That's because it IS Gammer's version. I dont know if Storm did a version of it, but Brisk labeled it wrong when releasing it, at least based on the discogs entry

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

Edited by - Samination on 2019/07/22 10:26:10
Mansy

United Kingdom
413 posts
Posted - 2019/07/22 :  17:24:04  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Mansy's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Anon.:
Came across the one on youtube classed as scott brown remix, thats a lie.

What version is this: (EDIT, this appears to be the bonkers 13 version)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M68rLoI2kJQ

It sounds like the original but i thought this was it:(EDIT: Am I right in guessing brisk and ham had to get the vocals redone because of copyright so made this version to release ?)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfwEZyceLMU

Then I checked Discogs and seen that storm and euphony done a remix, im so confused haha

I know its not gammers remix

You are right, neither of them are gammer remix ad this is

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=chichPzDLCQ

Lara B/Galaxia
www.soundcloud.com/dimples-80

Producer of hardcore, house, trance and hardstyle [2005-2023]

alstorm
Average Member

United Kingdom
190 posts
alstorm is verified hardcore artist
Posted - 2019/07/22 :  21:46:40  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit alstorm's homepage
i think thats my remix with euphony, not 100% though can barely remember it .. always disliked our remix so probably is it!

pointless story - i did a really cool track called 'known 2 rock' brisk (ham) did 'in your life' around the same time, typically as bigger names did at the time, gently insisted i make it into a remix (wonder how me suggesting they turn theres into a remix for me would have went down..) then sent me some really shit vocals, in a different key to the track i had already done .. meaning my riff i liked didnt work and sounded gash, resulting in a half baked shit remix i dont even remember what it sounded like! .. pretty sure they then forgot to change the labels and the gammer mix wnet on with our name on haha - fun

MusicILove
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,255 posts
MusicILove is a site donation subscriber
Posted - 2019/07/24 :  19:38:41  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit MusicILove's homepage
Does anyone know anything more about the Next generation Records / Blatant Beats back catalogues? Wasn't it nearly 2 years ago they asked if anyone was interested. Not heard anything since

teknotik
Starting Member

United Kingdom
18 posts
Posted - 2019/07/24 :  19:57:17  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit teknotik's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by MusicILove:
Does anyone know anything more about the Next generation Records / Blatant Beats back catalogues? Wasn't it nearly 2 years ago they asked if anyone was interested. Not heard anything since

I asked on the NG Facebook page whether there was any news a few weeks ago and they said ?not yet, sorry?! ☹️

Sulphurik
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
954 posts
Posted - 2019/09/30 :  20:26:07  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Sulphurik's homepage
Not to do with In Your Life but another track. Kygo & Whitney Houston - Higher Love out at the moment but remember this:

The drunken scotsman
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,486 posts
Posted - 2019/09/30 :  20:39:32  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit The drunken scotsman's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Sulphurik:
Not to do with In Your Life but another track. Kygo & Whitney Houston - Higher Love out at the moment but remember this:

Funny that, I heard the Kygo tune on the radio recently and this was my first thought. Always loved this tune. Pretty sure it was on Dougals mix of bonkers 14 which takes me back to very happy times.

Hard2Get
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
12,837 posts
Hard2Get has attended 21 events
Posted - 2019/09/30 :  20:45:53  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Hard2Get's homepage
quote:

Which is a cover of the original by Steve Winwood from 1986.

Si Thompson
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,362 posts
Posted - 2019/10/01 :  11:21:13  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Si Thompson's homepage
quote:

This, along with 'Be Happy' and 'Drunk With Love', were my favourite vocal tracks released in 2005.

I loved 2005 for UK Hardcore.

The Rave Music Archive
https://soundcloud.com/the_rave_music_archive
https://www.youtube.com/c/theravemusicarchive

Kool Katz Digital
https://soundcloud.com/kool-katz-digital

LeVzi
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
944 posts
Posted - 2019/10/02 :  05:25:39  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit LeVzi's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by alstorm:
i think thats my remix with euphony, not 100% though can barely remember it .. always disliked our remix so probably is it!

pointless story - i did a really cool track called 'known 2 rock' brisk (ham) did 'in your life' around the same time, typically as bigger names did at the time, gently insisted i make it into a remix (wonder how me suggesting they turn theres into a remix for me would have went down..) then sent me some really shit vocals, in a different key to the track i had already done .. meaning my riff i liked didnt work and sounded gash, resulting in a half baked shit remix i dont even remember what it sounded like! .. pretty sure they then forgot to change the labels and the gammer mix wnet on with our name on haha - fun

This doesn't surprise me in the slightest tbh, after being part of Brisk's group on FB for a while, I came to realise what a bellend he is. I've come to re-evaluate most of the names from back in the day now. Only really have anything to do with a few of them.

LeVzi
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
944 posts
Posted - 2019/10/02 :  05:26:51  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit LeVzi's homepage
quote:

When I was still in his group, he always said "It's being done, bare with me" so I assume its one of those projects thats getting done as and when he remembers it.

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,072 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2019/10/02 :  12:36:00  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage
Are we talking about Hixxy or Brisk here? :P

While I don't doubt that Brisk can be a little of an ass at times, I doubt he's a full on bell-end. Either that, or you're putting high values on artist, when they are, in fact, just normal people. Except Gammer. He's the proper donut munchin' bastard :P

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

MusicILove
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,255 posts
MusicILove is a site donation subscriber
Posted - 2019/10/02 :  12:44:40  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit MusicILove's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by LeVzi:
quote:

When I was still in his group, he always said "It's being done, bare with me" so I assume its one of those projects thats getting done as and when he remembers it.

I have been holding off because I was hoping for a back catalogue release but I am concerned that if I wait too long the label will completely disappear off the likes of Juno & Beatport. As I haven?t been to happy with recent back catalogue releases and their quality I think I?m just going to buy the individual tracks I want. I also don?t want to buy the back Catalogues and end up having to replace individual tracks like I?ve had to do with Just Another Label, Stompin Choonz, 24/7 & Warped Science.

Edited by - MusicILove on 2019/10/02 12:48:23
LeVzi
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
944 posts
Posted - 2019/10/03 :  06:35:29  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit LeVzi's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
Are we talking about Hixxy or Brisk here? :P

While I don't doubt that Brisk can be a little of an ass at times, I doubt he's a full on bell-end. Either that, or you're putting high values on artist, when they are, in fact, just normal people. Except Gammer. He's the proper donut munchin' bastard :P

Hixxy is a prick, has been for years, I never liked the little shit when he got popular in the first place. One of those people that runs with the hare and the hounds.

Brisk lost my respect earlier this year, but for the life of me I can't remember what set it off, somethine was said or done, and I had enough and blocked the nobhead.

I only really follow Slipmatt and Sy and a few of the techno guys from those days on social media. Mainly follow the uptempo n rawstyle guys now.

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 2 pages long: 1  2
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.34 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page