Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 

All forums
 General discussion
 How hard was raving ?
 Printer friendly

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
LeVzi
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
944 posts
Posted - 2021/03/13 :  06:34:45  Show profile Send a private message
I don't mean how difficult was it !

I mean, how bad was in on our bodies.

For me, in the 90's, I was young and I could take pretty much anything life threw at me.

But 12-15 hours non stop stomping, whatever went for dancing then, not to mention the drugs and the drink and the drugs, how much of a toll did it actually take on my body.

Personally I think it took a hell of a toll on me, just the whole experience, as fun as it was, really took a few days, even in my 20's to recover. Zero sleep for 2 nights, as there was no sleep on a friday night if I went to Kinetic or Southern or anywhere, normally they were club nights, and stopped at 2, kinetic was 2am, so was marthas/southern then the bigger rave on the Sat night was 12 hours straight, not to mention the travel there.

Now I am more into fitness and looking after my body as it slowly gives up on me, I realise how badly I treated it back then.

Not a single regret but jesus when I think about it, it definitely took a certain mentality to do the things we did.

Alert moderator
Anon.
Average Member

United Kingdom
169 posts
Posted - 2021/03/13 :  22:15:20  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Anon.'s homepage
Good luck trying to piss standing up in your 60s bud......

Alert moderator Go to top of page
The drunken scotsman
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,486 posts
Posted - 2021/03/14 :  09:44:56  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit The drunken scotsman's homepage
Yeah incredible to think how much damage i done to my body over the years. Raving was part of it but I led the party lifestyle all the way through my late teens to my 30?s. Staying up all weekend on drink and drugs was just part of life.

As for the raves, me and my mates used to travel down from Scotland which was typically 7 - 8 hours on a bus then 10 hours of raving before making the journey home. The trip down was always a good laugh, the homeward journey.... well, not so good.

Loved it all at the time and look back with fond memories although im probably going to pay the price at some point.

LeVzi
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
944 posts
Posted - 2021/03/14 :  10:03:07  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit LeVzi's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by The drunken scotsman:
Yeah incredible to think how much damage i done to my body over the years. Raving was part of it but I led the party lifestyle all the way through my late teens to my 30?s. Staying up all weekend on drink and drugs was just part of life.

As for the raves, me and my mates used to travel down from Scotland which was typically 7 - 8 hours on a bus then 10 hours of raving before making the journey home. The trip down was always a good laugh, the homeward journey.... well, not so good.

Loved it all at the time and look back with fond memories although im probably going to pay the price at some point.

The scottish guys made regular trips to the sanctuary, I can remember talking to many, that was dedication tbh, thats a hell of a drive after a long night to hardcore.

The drunken scotsman
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,486 posts
Posted - 2021/03/14 :  14:38:23  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit The drunken scotsman's homepage
Sanctuary closed just before I started raving but I know there were a few groups from Scotland that went to events. Some of the worst come downs I can remember on the national express back to Scotland after a rave 😂 that is one thing I dont miss.

trippnface
Advanced Member

United States
1,654 posts
trippnface has attended 21 events
Posted - 2021/03/14 :  17:59:44  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit trippnface's homepage
can't be too bad. clean mdma & ket in some kind of moderation are reasonable. both can def **** you up if abused. these days, i probly roll 2 - 3 times a year. ket way more frequent lol. guna hit 30 in a few months, i sure as hell ain't done yet. hardest part is having to adjust diet, i can't eat like i used to. other hardest part is having to hear so much garbage modern hardcore.

possys2

United Kingdom
256 posts
Posted - 2021/03/15 :  02:19:14  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit possys2's homepage
the worst thing for me, was i started smoking. never smoked in my life until i was 19/20. the only thing i regret from my raving days.
it might of had something to do with the smoking ban coming in to law, as the lads i raved with, had to start going outside every 30mins for a fag, so i went with um and started smoking.
still smoke to this day, 37 now, ****ing hate it, rip off overpriced fags and you have to stand in the cold in the winter!

jenks
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,682 posts

19 hardcore releases
jenks has attended 1 event
Posted - 2021/03/15 :  02:50:52  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit jenks's homepage
I was doing E's almost weekly at a relatively young age for a time, which was not the best of ideas. I wish I'd known then what I know now.

LeVzi
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
944 posts
Posted - 2021/03/15 :  07:40:08  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit LeVzi's homepage
Im not really talking about the damage from drugs, thats a whole other conversation about any potential damage they did mentally.

But more physically, actually repeat 12 hour raves, travel to and from, the night itself, stomping for hours. My knees used to hurt after the event. My jaw muscles hurt the most, if someone gave me chewing gum lol

Smoking was the biggest killer for me too, not that I smoked a lot during a rave, it was more the battle of stopping the smokes getting soaked when I poured cold water over my head to cool down. Especially in the summer months.

New PostPost Reply
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 0.84 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page