Printer friendly
Page: 
of 2

Author Thread  
LeVzi
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
944 posts
Posted - 2021/07/02 :  11:56:37  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit LeVzi's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sulphurik:
quote:
Originally posted by The drunken scotsman:
quote:
Originally posted by Rodz90:
I watched the episode where Hixxy was asked quite bluntly why there was no talent supported on the main stage lineups asides from the likes of Recon, Squad-E and Gammer around the 2005 time onwards.

"No-one was hitting the mark"

What a complete tosser. That's completely insulting to a lot of artists from around that time. There were plenty of people hitting the mark around that time (e.g Orbit1, A.B, Fracus, Darwin, CLSM)

Just further backs up what a small, highly political scene Hardcore was, and most likely still is today. I wonder if the scene would look any different if some of the top tier supported some of the up and comers with things like production, and getting them on line ups.

Yeah I thought the same when I listened to that episode. The top tier of the scene has always been about jobs for the boys. Its not what you know its who you know. Klubfiller is a perfect example of someone who was quite shit at producing and dj?ing but got all the top bookings because of his connections.

Could add DJ Kurt & VAGABOND who were hitting the mark then

Vagabond most definitely, that guy was the most under-rated producer I'd say at the time.

Never saw much of his name on the line ups then. Shame really, really talented guy.

I've no idea how Hixxy had a hand in anything tbh politically or otherwise, can't fault him really for making such a big thing as Raverbaby and Bonkers. But back in the day he wasn't as popular like the others.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Gazza1712

United Kingdom
252 posts
Posted - 2021/07/02 :  13:47:28  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Gazza1712's homepage  Reply with quote
I didn?t think vagabond was a DJ. He just produced and said this himself. I?m sure Years ago I heard this could be wrong though.

Vladel
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,514 posts
Posted - 2021/07/02 :  17:08:13  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Vladel's homepage  Reply with quote
Vagabond was only a producer

trippnface
Advanced Member

United States
1,654 posts
trippnface has attended 21 events
Posted - 2021/07/02 :  18:21:30  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit trippnface's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rodz90:
I watched the episode where Hixxy was asked quite bluntly why there was no talent supported on the main stage lineups asides from the likes of Recon, Squad-E and Gammer around the 2005 time onwards.

"No-one was hitting the mark"

What a complete tosser. That's completely insulting to a lot of artists from around that time. There were plenty of people hitting the mark around that time (e.g Orbit1, A.B, Fracus, Darwin, CLSM)

Just further backs up what a small, highly political scene Hardcore was, and most likely still is today. I wonder if the scene would look any different if some of the top tier supported some of the up and comers with things like production, and getting them on line ups.

lol, what a complete jackass. There were loads of top tier dj's that fit the bill.

LeVzi
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
944 posts
Posted - 2021/07/03 :  07:39:35  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit LeVzi's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Vladel:

Well that explains why I never saw him on line ups.

Bloody awesome producer though.

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,083 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2021/07/03 :  08:54:41  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
VAGABOND fell out very quickly if you ask me. I loved his early run on NG/BB, but I didn't feel his later stuff. And especially not on the Candy Crush Music label.

quote:
lol, what a complete jackass. There were loads of top tier dj's that fit the bill.

Who, thumpa? :P
A Good DJ? yes, but as he has proven himself, a massive ego complex.

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

LeVzi
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
944 posts
Posted - 2021/07/04 :  06:04:25  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit LeVzi's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
VAGABOND fell out very quickly if you ask me. I loved his early run on NG/BB, but I didn't feel his later stuff. And especially not on the Candy Crush Music label.

quote:

Who, thumpa? :P
A Good DJ? yes, but as he has proven himself, a massive ego complex.

Well I didn't hear a great deal on Candy Crush, but Spacemist was one of my favourite tracks ever. I still listen to it now.

Vladel
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,514 posts
Posted - 2021/07/04 :  08:04:01  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Vladel's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by LeVzi:
quote:
Originally posted by Vladel:

Well that explains why I never saw him on line ups.

Bloody awesome producer though.

I found his stuff with dowster a bit like marmite. Couldn't stand some of it but they made some great tracks.

Edzo
Starting Member

United States
7 posts
Posted - 2021/07/04 :  12:53:33  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Edzo's homepage  Reply with quote
Candy Crush was definitely a mixed bag but there are some really good ones. Changing, Never Go Away, Paradise, and Am I Dreaming are a few of my favorites among others

Triquatra

United Kingdom
12,635 posts
Triquatra is a site donation subscriber Triquatra has attended 26 events
Posted - 2021/07/04 :  16:32:21  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Triquatra's homepage  Reply with quote
Such a *drastic* change in style and production I assumed he had switched engineers.

Edited by - Triquatra on 2021/07/04 16:32:45
Craigavon raver
Advanced Member

Ireland
2,207 posts
Craigavon raver has attended 1 event
Posted - 2022/01/23 :  20:17:42  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Craigavon raver's homepage  Reply with quote
Yeah was a good watch, enjoyed it, must actually go back and catch up on the rest of them roar podcasts, well the hardcore ones anyway! need to listen to the second part of force & styles still

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 2 pages long: 1  2
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.2 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page