Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 

All forums
 Rumors
 What happend to DUNE
 Printer friendly

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
DUNE.wtf

Netherlands
24 posts
Posted - 2021/11/14 :  06:08:34  Show profile Send a private message  Visit DUNE.wtf's homepage
What ever happend to DUNE?

Alert moderator
Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,072 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2021/11/14 :  07:23:17  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage
For someone who appears to be a die-hard fan of Dune (I presume you mean the 90's techno group?) that you would have googled the internet.

Dune, well at least Oliver, is still active and is still releasing a track or two each year.

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

Alert moderator Go to top of page
LeVzi
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
944 posts
Posted - 2021/11/14 :  08:44:09  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit LeVzi's homepage
Its in the Cinema

DUNE.wtf

Netherlands
24 posts
Posted - 2021/11/14 :  17:34:41  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DUNE.wtf's homepage
He was even playing at Defqon a couple of years a go and he (Oliver) has an active webpage running.. :o

Wow Im supprised to be honest. Its a broken website but he made Merch posts earlier this year. I figured it was a done deal.. Why is Dune not still on television.. I mean the music was really booming back then, what happend that it is the way it is now..? Why has Dune not rissen to the top again with one of his songs?

The old Dune movie is more fun then the new one btw. But the special effects are better.

Oh and I like the physical dunes as well, living near the sea.

DUNE.wtf

Netherlands
24 posts
Posted - 2021/11/14 :  17:58:26  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DUNE.wtf's homepage
It turned in to trance not hh :(

Warnman
Advanced Member

Germany
2,676 posts
Warnman has attended 2 events
Posted - 2021/11/15 :  00:53:38  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Warnman's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by DUNE.wtf:
Why is Dune not still on television.. I mean the music was really booming back then, what happend that it is the way it is now..? Why has Dune not rissen to the top again with one of his songs?

Well, there are certain reasons for it! First of all MTV decided to wipe out Europen music - and especially electronic music - from their channel in hope to boost the devastating music scene, which was poupular in the US back these days like Grunge and Hip-Hop). After their failure, they bought their biggest competitor on the German market (VIVA), which refused to stop showing video clips about electronic music. Then MTC changed their category to show cheap produced Trash-TV-shows instead of playing music! So many producers of music videos either completely stopped or minimised their efforts to produce such kind of clips. Here and there amateurs have tried to produce low-budget productions (f. e.: Jon Doe/CLSM), but none of them have been shown on music TV stations. Alternatives of MTV do exist, but barely anyone watches them and they either vanisch or they are stuck to the boring Pop Music-crap, which everyone is able to listen to when the turn on their raido.
I personally was facinated when Oliver restarted the Dune-project and asked people to send in their remixes:
https://www.happyhardcore.com/forums/topic.asp?topic_id=84086

"Happy Hardcore: Love it... hate it... it's fun!" (Matt Stokes)

DUNE.wtf

Netherlands
24 posts
Posted - 2021/11/15 :  04:37:14  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DUNE.wtf's homepage
So it was before 2016, I figured it was 2018. But okay, your log states differently. Do you maybe know what TML artist are related to him (his label?) im asking for a friend xD

Yeah I remember MTV turning to shit even tho I was to young to party we watched it anyway, with the stepbrothers. Same time the Church ppl where nagging as well.

I do understand why Dune the artist is not booming right now.. The music is not that "Good vibe" but I understand very well that for an artist to create gold that there is so much factors to capture that feeling..

We should bring them together, let them smoke something and hit the studio haha

Edited by - DUNE.wtf on 2021/11/15 08:39:42
Warnman
Advanced Member

Germany
2,676 posts
Posted - 2021/11/16 :  01:19:07  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Warnman's homepage
Well, I cannot say that I am watching him very closely, but if I notice a new production, I listen to it. Dune originally started with a little bit melancholic sounds, but quickly turned over to the happy vibes of the Hardcore scene. I'd suggest you should listen to the original album version of "I can't stop raving!", which was published before the well, known video mix. To my opinion, Oliver went back to the roots of Dune and he has done good work. I remeber first critisising him, but after a while I noticed his efforts to reastablish the original sound of Dune.
It seems that he is getting noticed and he is asked to mix at several events, which have an old-school gig or floor. His last gig I noticed was at Mayday.

DUNE.wtf

Netherlands
24 posts
Posted - 2021/11/16 :  07:25:38  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DUNE.wtf's homepage
Yeah big events even..

I went to discogs and looked up his older version.. But either I am not getting the right material or im stupid.. But I dont hear it.. I do hear a little difference the older one was a bit less polished which I liked more. But no significant core elements being different. This correct?

Warnman
Advanced Member

Germany
2,676 posts
Posted - 2021/11/17 :  01:58:37  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Warnman's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by DUNE.wtf:
Yeah big events even..

I went to discogs and looked up his older version.. But either I am not getting the right material or im stupid.. But I dont hear it.. I do hear a little difference the older one was a bit less polished which I liked more. But no significant core elements being different. This correct?

No big deal! Here is the original album version:

This is the official music video version:

DUNE.wtf

Netherlands
24 posts
Posted - 2021/11/19 :  13:57:37  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DUNE.wtf's homepage
Oh wow thats a massive difference!! :o Kinda like it more, and yeah Starchild and stuff does indeed have a lot of this vibe. Im getting your earlier statement!

Fun fact I was given a video with that same cover picture, but for sure was not the right song.

I do still like the MTV approved version as well! xD

Dweyscomet
Banned

United States
1 post
Posted - 2024/04/11 :  04:36:31  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Dweyscomet's homepage
*deleted* spam - user locked.

Edited by - Dweyscomet on 2024/04/15 06:40:41
Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,072 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2024/04/11 :  08:40:28  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage
I don't know if you're a real person or a spambot who's going to edit their post in the future, but you clearly just joined a random website, didn't even bother to read any of the messages, and posted about the books (when this is about an 90's music artist/group)

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

silver
Admin

Japan
12,547 posts

894 hardcore releases
silver is verified hardcore artist silver is a site donation subscriber silver has attended 108 events
Posted - 2024/04/16 :  01:16:27  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit silver's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
I don't know if you're a real person or a spambot who's going to edit their post in the future

this :)

New PostPost Reply
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 2.12 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page