Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Rumors
 Scooter - switching to House?
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 3

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
scifijungle
Banned

Australia
7 posts
Posted - 2001/09/24 :  20:25:03  Show profile Send a private message  Visit scifijungle's homepage
there was a rumour that Scooter plans to switch to House musik and more Hard House oriented musik? is that true

I'm gone sending you outer space...to find another race...
==CPX is the most horniest radio station in the WHOLE of Sydney...I LOVE IT!!!==

Alert moderator
silver
Admin

Japan
12,548 posts

894 hardcore releases
silver is verified hardcore artist silver is a site donation subscriber silver has attended 108 events
Posted - 2001/09/24 :  21:55:03  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit silver's homepage
If you knew anything about anything you would know Scooter switched to house about 2-3 years ago.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
aznwasian

United States
428 posts
Posted - 2001/09/24 :  23:51:46  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit aznwasian's homepage
this has been sillver further poking at scifijungle's ignorance. thank you for listening. and scooter used to be good. like forever ago. but now he bad. he vewy vewy bad.

¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸aZnWaSiAn¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯
-I can't stop raving...

dj-efeks

Australia
298 posts
Posted - 2001/10/04 :  05:38:55  Show profile  Send a private message
pffft, pittance to scooter =P the one listenable track he ever made was move your ass, its just that damn voice.... irratating

...we were taught to believe, that everyone was created equal in the masterplan...

DJ Mouse
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,687 posts
DJ Mouse has attended 1 event
Posted - 2001/10/04 :  08:27:32  Show profile  Send a private message
move your ass and back in the uk,those were the only decent tracks scooter did imo

DJ Mouse In Da House!!!

Elation
Average Member

Canada
232 posts
Posted - 2001/10/05 :  19:34:12  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elation's homepage
i liked their first album alot...it had alot of trancey stuff on it as well.
by the time their 3rd album showed up it was all house, and s**ty house at that, so i didnt listen to them anymore.

(:(:happyhardcoresmiles:):)

Heist
Advanced Member

Australia
706 posts
Posted - 2001/12/03 :  22:58:23  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Heist's homepage
Back in the Uk/Ireland (Same song, different vocal!)
Beutiful Vibes (No mc, just 95 style breaks)
Hyper Hyper
Friends
Move your ass (Ultrasonic remix)

all others are shit but for I shot the Dj's piano line

www.mp3.com/djheist

WWW.VOIDDJ.COM

Mixes, Original Tracks & Remixes, Hardcore Event/Music Reviews, Pics and more...

wicky vicky
Banned

United States
55 posts
Posted - 2001/12/22 :  22:24:17  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit wicky vicky's homepage
holy shnikes people. scooter is a group not one person. 3 people make up scooter. i know this because my stupid bro(ourhappyhardcore) is obsessed with them.

"play nothing but hardcore"

always log out

ourhappyhardcore

United States
118 posts
Posted - 2001/12/23 :  00:30:04  Show profile  Send a private message
im not obsessed, im just a big fan, anyways, scooter does have a house sound, harder kicks, but id say its along the lines of harder tekkno epic trance stuff, high leads and the MC HP( his name isnt scooter)

max respekts

(scooter is a band )

quote:
Originally posted by wicky vicky:

holy shnikes people. scooter is a group not one person. 3 people make up scooter. i know this because my stupid bro(ourhappyhardcore) is obsessed with them.

"play nothing but hardcore"

abc

sam eye am

Midian
Starting Member

Australia
16 posts
Midian has attended 1 event
Posted - 2002/01/10 :  08:46:36  Show profile  Send a private message
Scooters last three albums have been the bomb, if you are into German Trance..

The Albums 'Back to the heavyweight jam' (Check out the track **** the Millenium if you can find it on MP3 - One of Scooters all time best), Sheffield, And the new one (who's name elude's me at this point) are all top notch...

Midian
Starting Member

Australia
16 posts
Midian has attended 1 event
Posted - 2002/01/10 :  08:50:55  Show profile  Send a private message
quote:
Originally posted by ourhappyhardcore:
im not obsessed, im just a big fan, anyways, scooter does have a house sound, harder kicks, but id say its along the lines of harder tekkno epic trance stuff, high leads and the MC HP( his name isnt scooter)

For some reason he has changed his official stage name from HP Baxxter to Sheffield Dave now... Probably something to do with them owning their own record label called Sheffield Tunes (Which all their releases are on), Methinks...

djjum

28 posts
Posted - 2002/01/17 :  02:24:01  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djjum's homepage
Scooter just released a new song called ramp. I think it's pretty good. Thier official site is htp://www.scootertechno.com but I wouldn't describe any of their songs as happy hardcore. Their best album was definately "And the beat goes on..". At the minute they seem to be playing hard trance and calling it hardcore. Unfortunatley they will not be able to make any more songs like their originals because Ferris left the band years ago and the new guy doesnt play the same stuff.

http://www.steeky.co.uk

o0sameyeam0o

United States
472 posts
Posted - 2002/04/14 :  13:44:17  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit o0sameyeam0o's homepage
yea, the past 3 new singles from scooter have had a happykore feel to them the leads and the pianos are great, this is now the 3rd chapter of scooter because the second band member AXEL left the band and the new member is JAY FROG, i think the style will go into epic trance, i havent heard any of jay frogs stuff so i wouldnt know, scooter still proforms sum of the happykore tracks they did way back when, like endless summer and friends, lots of fans agree that scooter should do a re visit to sum of there older tracks :)

sam eye am

o0:: MaX rEsPeKts ::0o

SAM EYE AM!

www.distortedtrauma.com

djyogi

Australia
487 posts
Posted - 2002/04/14 :  17:34:55  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djyogi's homepage
If you guys new what the definition was of house then u'd say, no scooter isn't house but in fact is more of a trance act now for instance there new track nessaja clearly proves that scooter isn't a house act but a trance act. so yeahh.Also if u have listened to there last album it would prove that Scooter is more of a trance act ok even although they do have one or 2 house tracks they r basically still a trance act and for those that don't know the difference between houe and trance the difference is.
+++HOUSE+++
This is by far; the most popular dance format. So much so, that there exists over a dozen related branches including New York dub, Chicago, New Jersey, Miami, garage, tribal, acid... in fact, almost every other format touches on house at some point because the steady 4/4 time signature beat is virtually universal in dance music. Attributes: the beat, keyboards, home synthesizers, male vocals, female vocals at all... add any or all. What you add defnines what kind of house it is but what makes it house is it the beat 110 to 128 BPM. Examples: lnner City, MK, Ralphie Rosario, Robin S., and anything on the Murk; Eightball or Strictly Rhythm labels.(and scooters beat is about 140 above)
+++TRANCE+++
Trance evolved from German Techno, using the rolling bass and sizzling keyboards of techno to give the music a hypnotic flowing effect, yet retaining all the driving, pulsating energy of it's true techno roots. Attributes: synth/sample-driving, pounding basslines, complex cyber-sounding keyboards, usually instrumental. 128 to 150 BPM. Examples: Aphex Twin, HardTrance Acsperience, Cosmo, Raver's Nature, Marusha and anything on the Harthouse, D-Jax, Rough Trade, or EX labels.(this sounds like SCOOTER)

o0sameyeam0o

United States
472 posts
Posted - 2002/04/14 :  22:25:55  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit o0sameyeam0o's homepage
i agree, imo nessaja is one of the best scooter tracks ( trance )

sam

o0:: MaX rEsPeKts ::0o

SAM EYE AM!

www.distortedtrauma.com

godisadj

Congo, Democractic Republic of the
113 posts

36 hardcore releases
Posted - 2002/04/29 :  14:22:30  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit godisadj's homepage
Can't see why some people don't like the early scooter stuff, I like it I grew up listening to them Our happy hardcore & The beat goes on are two cool cd's. Th stuff the've produced in the last few years hasn't been up to much though, but I think they're back on track with their new tune Ramp. You can't slag people who made great tunes like:

Move Your Ass
FRIENDS!!!!(ANTHEM ALERT!)
Endless Summer
Back in the UK
Let Me be your valentine

They have more good music than you think!

"WE'VE ALL GOT A MISSION,
WE GET INTO DIFFERENT RUTS,
SOME ARE THE COGS ON THE WHEELS,
OTHERS ARE PLAIN NUTS!"

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 3 pages long: 1  2  3
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.94 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page