kande kids?????
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 3

Author Thread  
ian

Australia
94 posts
Posted - 2001/10/18 :  08:00:22  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
Agreed Heist, Digweed is really gonna play a warehouse party at an undisclosed venue in San Fransisco, while he was paid something like $100,000 to play 2 or 3 hours in Australia on NYE!

And, I don't know the scene too well over there, but I wouldn't have thought that those cankykids and other tree hugging freaks would be going to see him play. Not in Australia anyway.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Lixx
Advanced Member

United States
1,338 posts

288 hardcore releases
Lixx has attended 1 event
Posted - 2001/10/18 :  16:53:46  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Lixx's homepage  Reply with quote
Personally I thought Human Traffic was total crap. Even though I was ripped at the time, which should give me a enhanced opinion of the movie, I only remembered like 2.5 funny/entertaining scenes. I will have to say that the after party scene where moff or whatever tries to come up with something clever about star wars and then fails was hilarious. On some site I heard that 20 mins were cut from the US release though, can anyone confirm this? Knowing what they would censor out so they could rent in at blockbuster (mormon-run video mega chain) I'm sure 20 mins would make a world of difference.

Trixy(glo)
Starting Member

United States
7 posts
Posted - 2001/10/18 :  17:46:19  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Trixy(glo)'s homepage  Reply with quote
Okay whoaaa i can't beleive this but groove is soooooo mush more like our scene than human traffic, warhouses and old buildings are the best are scene is underground soo, djs do spinn like that in places they arent sure in 2 weeks im going to see ak1200 and ricjard humpty vission and the benue isnt some little club where the cops drive by and there kewl with it, this is ****ing underground shit all the way and the dj's are all for it too back to groove groove was sooo more decent than human traffic, human traffic was about sex for goodness sake!!!! and a ****in club not a rave damn it

a am representin mah kande kids from p-burgh and mah ravahs all around here yea yea RAVE ON plurr *~* Trixyglo*~*

happyraveruk

United Kingdom
254 posts
Posted - 2001/10/18 :  19:30:15  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
virus: i've just sent a couple of e-mails to try and get you bookings over in the UK. one to dj kaos at future dance, and one to hardcore heaven. both of em bring in talent from other countries as well as havin england's own breed. i gave em your site to look over, and told em that you're a talented and experienced dj :) , let's just wait and see what happens. could be your big break. good luck m8.

You look like you're in another world, but i can read your mind. 4 o'clock in the morning, and it's starting to get light.

MC RizlaDizla
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,056 posts
MC RizlaDizla is verified hardcore artist MC RizlaDizla has attended 20 events
Posted - 2001/10/18 :  19:30:20  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit MC RizlaDizla's homepage  Reply with quote
The thing I dont like about HT is the long 'meaningful speaches about life and clubbing is a bit to cheesy for me. And I love the chesest ofhardcore.

"Oh my goodness, Oh my Gosh. Here we go with a badboy rush".

Trixy(glo)
Starting Member

United States
7 posts
Posted - 2001/10/18 :  20:43:05  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Trixy(glo)'s homepage  Reply with quote
wha?? (what mc??) about the club speeches

a am representin mah kande kids from p-burgh and mah ravahs all around here yea yea RAVE ON plurr *~* Trixyglo*~*

djbungle
Average Member

United Kingdom
161 posts
Posted - 2001/10/18 :  21:05:30  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djbungle's homepage  Reply with quote
Virus I can most probably get you a booking over here in uk(depends on how much you wanna get payed for it).
cos I know a few promoters (1 ov them works @ bolwers in manchester).
Oh and and trixy HI, candy kid's R they cool kid or grebb heads?

now then!!! have a look

Trixy(glo)
Starting Member

United States
7 posts
Posted - 2001/10/18 :  21:11:47  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Trixy(glo)'s homepage  Reply with quote
i am in love with candy ravers if your asking me if i like them, jus i aint one, i am one inside thought lol, i jus think it would be cute if out scene was a bunch of lil candy kids running around plurr plurr plurr hehe but who would take charge lol

xxhappyxx

United Kingdom
363 posts
Posted - 2001/10/18 :  21:25:19  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
Hey trixyglo, yuh huh, we do hav candy kids in england...kinda, mayb not as big as in the US, but ppl do dress in the fur, with the glitter n bracelets n all that!

'come fly my child 2 a special place, with angels in the sky, the time has come 2 fly!'

virus
Advanced Member

Canada
4,346 posts

716 hardcore releases
virus has attended 41 events
Posted - 2001/10/19 :  01:58:58  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit virus's homepage  Reply with quote
happyraveruk: thats a lot mate! :) hope it works out *crosses fingers*

bungle: if i got flown out and all, id play fer free :) hit me up at my email, [email protected]

adam

Heist
Advanced Member

Australia
706 posts
Posted - 2001/10/19 :  06:57:13  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Heist's homepage  Reply with quote
I weasn't saying that Human traffic is a better representation of the scene. Im sayin its a better film and that i found groove to be based a lot on steriotypical views of the scene. I love underground raves more than events in clubs anyday,
But you go and watch better living through circutry and you try and tell me that its not a better truer rep of the scene.

www.mp3.com/djheist

WWW.VOIDDJ.COM

Mixes, Original Tracks & Remixes, Hardcore Event/Music Reviews, Pics and more...

ian

Australia
94 posts
Posted - 2001/10/19 :  10:28:46  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
Trixy(glo), there are warehouse raves everywhere. And there a kanykids everywhere, most countries are over kanykids by at least 5 years. I expect the same thing will happen in America once (and if) the scene grows big enough over there.

The point I was making was that Groove isn't a fair representation of the scene when they have Digweed playing in a warehouse.

ps: digweed in sydney on nye for the second year in a row... yeah baby!!! I think I know where I'll be!

MC RizlaDizla
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,056 posts
MC RizlaDizla is verified hardcore artist MC RizlaDizla has attended 20 events
Posted - 2001/10/19 :  11:10:14  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit MC RizlaDizla's homepage  Reply with quote
Does any other country have ravers in yellow workmans jackets. Oh look at the time 20 mins to go until work is over. Then my preperation begans for Future Dance 7. OOHH YEAH

"Oh my goodness, Oh my Gosh. Here we go with a badboy rush".

Tyrant
Average Member

Canada
239 posts
Posted - 2001/10/19 :  11:34:36  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Tyrant's homepage  Reply with quote
to all promoters: VIRUS RAWKS. book him!!
that is all
hehe

A wise man once said duh.

happyraveruk

United Kingdom
254 posts
Posted - 2001/10/19 :  12:56:39  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
oi rizla, i know wot u mean, every raver should have a workman jacket :) hehe. here's a pic of mine - any1 else got a pic of theirs ????

see ya at future dance m8. l8rz.

You look like you're in another world, but i can read your mind. 4 o'clock in the morning, and it's starting to get light.

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 3 pages long: 1  2  3
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.61 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page