Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 

All forums
 Events: Rest of the world
 Future Dance 7 - Review
 Printer friendly

Only administrators or moderators can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
MC RizlaDizla
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,056 posts
MC RizlaDizla is verified hardcore artist MC RizlaDizla has attended 20 events
Posted - 2001/10/25 :  06:28:14  Show profile View artist profile Send a private message  Visit MC RizlaDizla's homepage
I was looking very forward to this one as I really enjoyed the last Future Dance I went to which was FD5 The Birthday Bash. I also had not been raving since the summer about 3 months ago. I went with my m8 Andy who goes to all the raves with me. We left my town station about 9:00pm and headed to Kings cross station were I was meting Jenny and Sy(happyraveruk). When we all finally arrived at the stations we were off to Bagley’s which was only 5-10 mins walk away. We got there at around 10:15 to find a not that much of a que but still more than I would like to wait in. It’s was after about 15 mins of waiting until the que started to move. We managed to get in just after 11. We had a little scare when Sy fought had dropped his ticket on the floor somewhere in the queue but in the end found it in his pocket. Theeww!! You could hear Menis & Dairs set pumping away in Arena 1. After a good search by the surprisingly more friendly and cheerful Bagley’s security we were in, except Andy who had a reference No so had to go through another queue. We walked in and straight to the Oldskool room. Cant remember the choon that was on at the time but it was good. Not many people in the old skool room at that point. Went through to arena 3 which was pumping out the hard house. Put our jackets in and off I went to the merchandise stool to get me horn and glow sticks which was right between the oldskool and the hardcore room. As I stepped into the main arena I saw loads of happy ravers dancing away. After taking a little a little bit of extra NRG and a nice called beer it was time for a stomp. I was in the hardcore room for abit of Menis and Dair but thought it was time for a little look at the other rooms. Downstairs I went to the TEKNO room. Oh yeah abit of Scorpio who was playing some good gabba techno mix. My m8 Andy was not too sure about this but he did his best to keep up with the heavy stomping. We went to the Hard House room, which he likes allot. I couldn’t really get moving in there as I had just had some fast techno and this was slow house. All though it was still banging. Back to the hardcore room, and soon it was UFO who stepped onto the wheels of steel. Hixxy would soon follow. Started of with some trancey hardcore stuff, then in came Raverbaby 3 Castles in the Sky. This made me rush my tits off. Everyone had their hands up and where going completely nut. I see some geezer and he looked at me and said, “you know m8”. Everyone was feeling the vibe. Wikkid. After this I was absolutely out of my face. From then on I was either in the hardcore room or right down in the basement part which is where the techno had been moved to. The other bit was now transformed into a chill out area.
Clarkee played a blinding set of acid techno classics. Hixxy came on after UFO had played a few choons and both of them kept pumping out all the new raverbaby new infinity trancey hardcore. Brisk and Ham’ set had the Empress Stah on stage. She ****ed up there set in my eyes coz loads of people just gathered round the stage and stared. Hardly anyone was dancing. I tried too but when you just got into it she would stick something through her tits or cough up some blue shit. I thought sod this so went to smoke a couple of joints and chill out for abit. Went outside by the bouncy castle and watched people giving in some on that. I talked to loads of people went back into the techno room and caught abit of DJ Taffsta who I had never seen before. He played some good techno. Not that packed in there but everyone was going mad for it. Future Dance had made such an effort. I usually hate Bagley’s but they made it into such a good venue that night. Every single person in there was so friendly and not one bit of trouble from the bouncers, coz at this place its usually just the bouncers who start trouble. Near the end of the night I tried looking at the record selection. They had loads of gabba but due to my fu@#kedness that’s all that I could see.
Luckily at my town station we met this girl who was on her way there too. We arranged for all of us to share the cab fare home, so it was a bit cheaper. Also looks like I found another raving buddy too.

Good rave all round. One of the best I’ve been to. Sorry I can’t remember much about the actual music just was too out of it.

Oh yeah Kaos and Energy played loads of hard hardcore. I remember that. In fact most of the hardcore on the night was new or stuff that you don’t always here at raves. Not many classic anthems were getting played over and over again,. I remember someone did play shooting star just cant think who.

"Oh my goodness, Oh my Gosh. Here we go with a badboy rush".

Alert moderator
Matty K

United Kingdom
48 posts
Posted - 2001/10/25 :  13:59:37  Show profile  Send a private message
Wow - how we didn't meet up is amazing MC RD!!!!! My night was pretty much explained by your post - apart from I looked thru those records and could not focus on the piddly little writing on the centre of the record - so I gave up. I turned up at 10:15 - only to see my brother at the part of the Q where it's bottle necked with railings - so I jumped part of the Q (but only thru family - you can't class that as pushing in - my mates that followed me yes, they did push in!)
Had an all-round good evening. No trouble (apart from a couple of mates losing their coat tickets - and another mate losing his credit card! Loads of dancing going on - "castle's in the sky" wow - that was definatley the turning point of the evening!!!!!

The Rhythm Station will always be my home

Alert moderator Go to top of page
MC RizlaDizla
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,056 posts
Posted - 2001/10/25 :  14:25:12  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit MC RizlaDizla's homepage
I lnow what you mean m8. I asked the person behind the stool what the records said but after asking him about 3 times I thought he wouldn't be too pleased as I wanted to go through the entire collection.

Are you going to UD vs JF, I'm going to that and the week after to slammin. If you are m8, we should met up.

Your right about castle in the sky being the turning point. Mental ah yeah !!

Matty K

United Kingdom
48 posts
Posted - 2001/10/25 :  14:57:44  Show profile  Send a private message
When n where is it?? I (think I) remember looking at the Flyer on the train, but unfortunatley lost all my flyers when we started our session back at my mates house after FD. There's loads of us planning to definatley go to the FD club. tour at the Collosseum on the 8th of december - the last one at the collosseum was mental!!

But to tell you the truth mate; Im 27. And when you get to my age you have to take it a bit steadier!!!!!!!! There's no way I could do week after week of raving. My body wouldn't cope!!!!!! But don't get me wrong; Im still very hardcore! But only in small doses now!

Is the UD rave hosted with Fevah?? if so there might be a chance of me attending!!! My girlie likes Fevah as do a load of my mates.

The Rhythm Station will always be my home

MC RizlaDizla
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,056 posts
Posted - 2001/10/25 :  17:00:36  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit MC RizlaDizla's homepage
Its on the 2nd of nov at bagleys. Yeah its United Dance vs. Jungle fever.

I dont usally go raving so quickly after I've been to another but my m8 convinced me.

happyraveruk

United Kingdom
254 posts
Posted - 2001/10/25 :  18:22:28  Show profile  Send a private message
rizla - i wish i had the money - looks like a top line-up, and the last coupla united dances i've been to have been amazing. i don't go ravin to often either - i try once a month. next rave = slammin on nov 10th, but i'm breakin my rules and goin to one nation on nov 17th.

You look like you're in another world, but i can read your mind. 4 o'clock in the morning, and it's starting to get light.

New EventPost Reply
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page