Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 

All forums
 Music production & Gear talk
 NAMM
 Printer friendly

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
Soren

United States
499 posts
Posted - 2001/04/02 :  11:31:39  Show profile Send a private message
Hi all, I just watched the new NAMM video and I just wanted to list of some of the new things in case ppl are intersted ^_^

Lots of new DJ CD players, many with scratch features, but I only heard one that atually sounded good while scratching.

Lots of new mixers, lots with built in filters and FX, including a new Korg mixer with a built in Kaoss pad (I know there are already mixers with Kaoss pads, but this one was smaller/black/cooler looking).

A new vestax mixer with a feature that allows you to set your cross fader to cut in and out a pre set amount of times per second. IE you push the cross fader from all the way left to centered in one second and it will cut the right signal in and out 5 or so times instead of putting the signal in once slowly. This allows you to crab scratch without moving the CF back and forth really fast. I think it's pretty lame, but what do I know?

A new Vestax turntable built vertically into a guitar shell. This I thought was also really lame, but it was neat that they built a turntable that played while turned on it's side and being moved around.

A new "affordable" Vestax record press. This was a new type of press that allows you to press tracks onto vinyl (not wax or dub plates or anything, but real vinyl). It had stereo and I think digital inputs and was made mainly for making records out of CD's. It looked cool and is supposed to be "affordable" compared to a real record press, but real presses cost a friggin' crap load of money so who knows what that means.

A MP3 mixer that you plug into your computer w/custom sofware (provided). This looked like a normal mixer with a bing round selector knob added to it and pitch adjusts on the mixer. It plugs into your computer and has custom software that will beat match and layer tracks for you so all you have to do is cross fade. It also has pitch adjusts built in so you can do it yourself if you want. Although this product is pointless for me, if you don't want to be a DJ or play out or anything and you have a good source for MP3's it'd be cheaper than buying tables and a mixer and vinyl. And I think cheaper in the long run than buying CD's, plus you can make and record custom MP3 mixes of your favorite tracks and what not. SO although not useful for me I guess it would be really cool for some ppl. I think it was by Vestax or Numark, but I forget.

^_^ That's all

Alert moderator
silver
Admin

Japan
12,548 posts

894 hardcore releases
silver is verified hardcore artist silver is a site donation subscriber silver has attended 108 events
Posted - 2001/04/03 :  01:13:08  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit silver's homepage
I checked out the Vestax vinyl recorder and it costs 8000 US dollars for the crap sounding recording head and 40 000 US dollars for the diamond (good / normal) sounding head... The head only last 20 hours as well.....

I don't call that affordable :(

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Sander

Netherlands
98 posts
Posted - 2001/04/03 :  04:31:41  Show profile  Send a private message
That is a total waste of money. For that money you can buy a whole studio to start with. Or you can save it if you produce your own stuff, and if you have a good tune press it 500 times or so :)
Btw does anyone know how much that will be? First you must make a master right? I think that wil cost about let's say 300 dollars?

-------
Hardcore, when people want more

silver
Admin

Japan
12,548 posts

894 hardcore releases
silver is verified hardcore artist silver is a site donation subscriber silver has attended 108 events
Posted - 2001/04/03 :  07:33:26  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit silver's homepage
Make a master (glass press) or master the track in a studio?

Sander

Netherlands
98 posts
Posted - 2001/04/03 :  07:46:17  Show profile  Send a private message
I mean the glassmaster, sorry.

-------
Hardcore, when people want more

Soren

United States
499 posts
Posted - 2001/04/03 :  17:19:51  Show profile  Send a private message
Last I heard you can get a master for about 250-500 US dollars ^_^ And holy crap that's a lot of money for the record press thingy!!!

silver
Admin

Japan
12,548 posts

894 hardcore releases
Posted - 2001/04/04 :  00:26:43  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit silver's homepage
The one thing you have to get correct is the glass master press, if you get a shit engineer or whatever your record will sound like it's playing in the bathroom or staticy, I had to get 500 records re-pressed because of a shit engineering company.

New PostPost Reply
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 0.91 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page