Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 

All forums
 Music production & Gear talk
 Q. bout a deck
 Printer friendly

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
StrifeII
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,143 posts
StrifeII is verified hardcore artist
Posted - 2001/04/17 :  14:43:10  Show profile View artist profile Send a private message
Hi
I was thinkin the other day that all i really want is one deck..i mean, im 12 and if i get 2 dexx then it'll probably take me a long time to learn to mix. I dont really want to learn to mix, i wanna learn 2 skratch. So is this deck ok:Citronic mr51793 direct? im gettin a skratch needle aswell.

each time i see your face your smile is shining through I cant help the way i feel and its all because of you

Alert moderator
Soren

United States
499 posts
Posted - 2001/04/18 :  11:34:42  Show profile  Send a private message
Hello, since no one has responded im gonna try and answer you to the best of my ability. I have never heard of or used any Citronic products. I did a search for Ctironic tables to see if I could find some specs and I couldn't find much. I also couldn't find the model # you indicated, but on 3 sites I found the PD-1 and PD-2 direct drive tables so ill assume it's one of those.

They look like a typical (but cheaper) Technics 1200 knock off. They come with Stanton needles which are fine for scrathcing as long as you set your tabbles up correctly. The Citronic also has a digital BPM out, but that is pretty useless so don't consider it as a deciding factor.

I would say try to find one of them at a store some where and check it out and compare it to the 1200's. Compare things like start/stop times and general specs. One importanant thing to look at is the Platter. If you push down lightly and spin the platter on the 1200's you'll notice they are very heavy and sturdy, and they don't wobble. I have used Vestax and Neumark tables and the platters are very light and flimsy feeling so watch out for that cause it's annoying (but maybe that's just cause im used to the 1200's)

One thing to keep in mind is that the 1200's are the standard for DJ'ing and if you ever play out that's what you will use. I feel it is better to get used 1200's than new anything else if money is a factor, but that's just me. That way you will be practiced on the tables you will be spinning out on and there will be no surprises. The 1200's also have a very good resale value so if you want to get rid of them as long as they aren't broken you can normally get back at least what you bought them for.

But in conclusion for $200 US the Citronics look pretty good. Try and play with em first and see if you like them. And try to find somone who has them and ask em what they think ^_^

Alert moderator Go to top of page
DJ e-Klyps

United Kingdom
258 posts
Posted - 2001/04/18 :  15:09:45  Show profile  Send a private message
Citronic mr51793 direct? This is a catlogue number. I see soren has told u basically the same as i have, will u never learn!! Only joking..

PLUR=
Peace
Love
Unity
Respect

Unity
Respect

StrifeII
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,143 posts
Posted - 2001/04/18 :  16:52:43  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit StrifeII's homepage
Thanx Soren. Yeah it's the pd-2 i found out tonight. I guessed it would be ok because it had a high torque and a stanton needle. Ive planned ahead now...Im gettin that deck for Xmas, then gettin another & a Mixer for me birthday 3 months after.That should get me started!

each time i see your face your smile is shining through I cant help the way i feel and its all because of you

Soren

United States
499 posts
Posted - 2001/04/18 :  21:23:03  Show profile  Send a private message
Hey no prob. If you mostly are into scratching the Stantons are good to start (I still use em cause they're cheap). But it's super important to set up, level, and balance your table correctly with those needles or you won't be able to scratch and your records will skip areound a lot.

Post when you get your table if you have any questions about how to set it up, or if the pre-packaged needles don't come with instructions. I can tell you how to do it properly and giva ya some basic advice ^_^

GT
Average Member

United Kingdom
160 posts
Posted - 2001/04/19 :  06:27:32  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit GT's homepage
International DJ magazine gave the PD-2 four stars out of 5 in their most recent issue. Got a very good write-up, well recommended.

================
'You picked me up, and swept me away....'

StrifeII
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,143 posts
Posted - 2001/04/19 :  16:43:19  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit StrifeII's homepage
Err...It'll be a while.
Im gettin it @ xmas
But still ive gotta pay half. Plus i need slipmatts, records (of course) and a spare needle.
I was just thinkin too...
Wonder what the birdie song would sound like with scratchin!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wow would that be funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DJ e-Klyps

United Kingdom
258 posts
Posted - 2001/04/20 :  14:34:37  Show profile  Send a private message
Try it, thats the kind of thing kid koala does and he is one of the best turntablists in the world.

PLUR=
Peace
Love
Unity
Respect

Unity
Respect

kRaZiE kIdD
Starting Member

17 posts
Posted - 2001/04/28 :  14:56:42  Show profile  Send a private message
it is all about the amount of money you have...if i were getting decks...i would totally go with 1200...cuz once you start scratching you will eventually probably get bored and then you would want to have really good decks to preactice on...just my opinion...

Kev

New PostPost Reply
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.31 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page