Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - other genre
 Creamfields 2006
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 2

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
Hardcore4eva
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,518 posts
Hardcore4eva has donated money to the site Hardcore4eva has attended 13 events
Posted - 2006/07/03 :  09:26:10  Show profile Send a private message
Anyone going??

Im going with a few mates! Should be good!

http://www.virtualfestivals.com/festivals/festival.cfm?eventid=22088&dbtable=event§ion=eventhome

Alert moderator
Bidd

United Kingdom
301 posts
Posted - 2006/07/03 :  10:57:08  Show profile  Send a private message
I might be (for the first time) as the new venue is quite close to where I live, and as I've never been before I really wanna go.

Sharkey - Revolution (Slipmatt Remix)

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Mortis
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
7,493 posts

341 hardcore releases
Mortis has donated money to the site Mortis has attended 7 events
Posted - 2006/07/03 :  11:09:25  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Mortis's homepage
I thought it was in a different place this year...Having seen it's still in the airport I may just go along again

Chris B
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,964 posts
Chris B has attended 30 events
Posted - 2006/07/03 :  11:14:10  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Chris B's homepage
Looks quality between the cream arena and the dnb i'd not get bored once, and prodigy main stage actions always impressive.

Doubt will make it though got a lot on this summer, dancevalley probably be my only festival action

B.C
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,747 posts

35 hardcore releases
B.C has donated money to the site B.C has attended 10 events
Posted - 2006/07/03 :  11:15:55  Show profile  Send a private message
Gonna try my best to get to this.

Hardcore4eva
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,518 posts
Posted - 2006/07/03 :  11:18:52  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Hardcore4eva's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Mortis:
I thought it was in a different place this year...Having seen it's still in the airport I may just go along again

I dont know where the last one was so not sure, but its at the Daresbury Estate, Warrington.

Mortis
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
7,493 posts

341 hardcore releases
Posted - 2006/07/03 :  11:22:05  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Mortis's homepage
Hmmm...on the site link to the site above, it says it's back in Speke Airport.

"For 2006 at least though, an expected 40,000 odd clubbers will once again be making the bank holiday pilgrimage to Speke airport for some of the best dance DJs and live acts."

Hardcore4eva
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,518 posts
Posted - 2006/07/03 :  11:25:42  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Hardcore4eva's homepage
Sorry that was just a quick link i found, this is better

http://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/event/22003C86BA2ED1EE?artistid=942648&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=201

Mortis
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
7,493 posts

341 hardcore releases
Posted - 2006/07/03 :  11:27:46  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Mortis's homepage
Ahh cheers, I'll look into it. I have no travel you see, so it could be awkward *ponders*

djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2006/07/03 :  11:41:32  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage
I vowed never to go to another dance 'festival' until Hardcore was included in the line up.

Nothing there to make me change my mind.

Chris B
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,964 posts
Posted - 2006/07/03 :  11:50:18  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Chris B's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by djDMS:
I vowed never to go to another dance 'festival' until Hardcore was included in the line up.

Nothing there to make me change my mind.

Was two arenas playing hardcore at coloursfest, one for old scottish style and gabber and one for your normal hard dance then newer stuff like Marc Smith, Sharkey and that.

I go to enough hardcore events through the year i quite like some festivals for something different, dancevalley in a couple weeks get to see loadsa the best trance dj's and loadsa diff arenas with 60,000 people there

But aye most my mates agree with yourself dean, 3 days ravin without any hardcore and they'd get bored so dont have much interest in it.

Luckily a couple mates from the forums are up for it this year, was jus me and one mate last time

djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2006/07/03 :  12:09:53  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage
Yeah, i'm all for summat different too mate, would just love to see hardcore in that context.

I'm not one of those types who is into hardcore and nothing else, would just like to see it at a big festival. The variety is there - just one minor ommission IMO!

Chris B
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,964 posts
Posted - 2006/07/03 :  12:25:33  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Chris B's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by djDMS:
Yeah, i'm all for summat different too mate, would just love to see hardcore in that context.

I'm not one of those types who is into hardcore and nothing else, would just like to see it at a big festival. The variety is there - just one minor ommission IMO!

100% agreed the festival atmosphere would suit todays hardcore to a tea, and your right about variety.

At coloursfest i liked the way it was set out, a massive room playing the old style with two gabber sets at the end from ruffneck and ophidian. This is the more popular hardcore style in scotland and there was massive queues to get in the arena, they new it would work.

But with the tidy room what they did was start of with the standard hard trance/dance then worked it up to newer hardcore.

I was surprised loadsa mates i no i bumped into after it who are normally "new hardcores a lotta shite, too cheesy and trancy" were all saying how much Sharkey and Marc Smith rocked the place.

As i get to see them both regular down here i stayed in the oldschool bit, but i no how quality both of them are and think with choosing artists like them Tidy could definitely keep there normal punters happy plus bring in more hardcore heads.

Shame they havent done the same with this one, merseysides got loadsa people into hardcore and i think it'd only help make a wkd party.

Hopefully see it happen soon cos your defo right, hardcore suits a festival atmosphere and the more varied styles in a festival the better.

Edited by - Chris B on 2006/07/03 12:27:05
mr_dom_uk
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
500 posts
mr_dom_uk has attended 9 events
Posted - 2006/07/03 :  12:43:02  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit mr_dom_uk's homepage
man i wonna go there so much but i forgot about it & now i'm going IBIZA instead so thats gunna be awesome. Gunna go Godskitchen global gathering instead went last year & its fat as fook

B.C
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,747 posts

35 hardcore releases
B.C has donated money to the site B.C has attended 10 events
Posted - 2006/07/03 :  18:27:54  Show profile  Send a private message
Speaking of festivals....got my T In The Park ticket today. Only 4 days to go!

May check out Chilli's, as I've got a feeling thats gonna be the show of the year. Pharrell could be decent, I'll have a gander at that, and of course....The Levellers!
Probably end up spending the rest of the time in the Slam Tent gurning and chatting to randoms.

Any forum members goin?

Bidd

United Kingdom
301 posts
Posted - 2006/07/05 :  13:34:31  Show profile  Send a private message
Daresbury estate is not actually in Warrington. It officially falls into the borough of Halton which covers Runcorn (Booo) and my hometown Widnes

Sharkey - Revolution (Slipmatt Remix)

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 2 pages long: 1  2
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 2.02 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page