Total online 1950
 Radio listeners 154+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 

All forums
 Tracks, DJ mixes & release announcements
 DJ Ozmium-hardcore we stand(lorenzo tweakn remix)
 Printer friendly

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
Lorenzo.Tweakn
Advanced Member

United States
1,327 posts
Lorenzo.Tweakn has attended 2 events
Posted - 2009/12/01 :  22:44:36  Show profile Send a private message  Visit Lorenzo.Tweakn's homepage
DJ Ozmium - Hardcore Where We Stand (Tweakn Remix) (Master).mp3

remix i did like a week or two ago.

mastered by olly clapp(archefluxx) :)

Alert moderator
E-Core

United Kingdom
89 posts
Posted - 2009/12/02 :  00:42:53  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit E-Core's homepage
You sure that's been mastered?

Clap seems a little loud, and the bass seems to quieten when the melody comes in, don't know if that's just me though.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Mortis
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
7,493 posts

341 hardcore releases
Mortis has donated money to the site Mortis has attended 7 events
Posted - 2009/12/02 :  01:05:15  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Mortis's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by E-Core:

Clap seems a little loud, and the bass seems to quieten when the melody comes in, don't know if that's just me though.

You can have the best mastering in the world but if the mixdown isn't right the track will still have issues.

As for the track. The clap is way to high in the mix, too much high end over all. Not much build up to the breakdown. It defiantly needs something in there to build up to the drop, snare rolls, sweeps...anything rather than nothing. When it does drop the melody sounds like it fades in and is far to loud compared to the intro of the track. I like the melody but not the sounds used. Over all it sounds a bit muddy, could use some EQing to get the sounds separated a bit more.

It's not a bad track just needs some work on the overall presentation.

choonland
Advanced Member

Colombia
1,100 posts
Posted - 2009/12/02 :  03:44:31  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit choonland's homepage
I like it,

some things I can comment:

- the intro is boring, too plain, nothing happens, just average kick n bass...
- the intro-breakdown transicion is too sudden
- how about some nice filters in the breakdown?? (ok, its overused, but I think it works well most of the times)
- I agree with mortis about the build up, it needs a little more build up before the drop
- and the drop (01:37) needs to be more BOOMBASTIC!, maybe some FXs, a loud crash, an explosion.... get creative, is all about increasing the energy
- and yeah, needs better mixdown, I can barely hear the hats
- again, the transicions are too sudden
- how about layering the main synth?, make it bigger

thats all I can think of, its good, but it can be better.
keep up the good work

Starstruck
Advanced Member

Australia
1,152 posts
Starstruck has attended 5 events
Posted - 2009/12/02 :  06:40:39  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Starstruck's homepage
Ok ,

As i'm listening...

- perc samples are ok... kick is okay i guess.. no fx or anything so far either .. clap is a bit too loud..
- need to work on arrangement
- bass is okay.
- need to work on the mix down in general,levels need to be corrected. i.e some things are too loud.
- bdown came out of no where. as mentioned before, needs lots of work on arrangement.
- melody is awesome :)
- clashes here and there, levels and eqing needs attention.
- track is kinda empty too.

Final verdict / main things you need to work on is arrangement. it's bland arrangement and you need to make things flow more. track has potential, but theres alot of things that need alot of attention.

hope this helped.

Lorenzo.Tweakn
Advanced Member

United States
1,327 posts
Posted - 2009/12/02 :  12:40:04  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Lorenzo.Tweakn's homepage
thanks for all the feedback..........

Meathead
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
4,217 posts
Posted - 2009/12/02 :  15:44:48  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Meathead's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Mortis:
quote:
Originally posted by E-Core:

You can have the best mastering in the world but if the mixdown isn't right the track will still have issues.

Just thought a QFT was in order :)

Agree with everything that has been said. I do like that melody quite a lot, but not the gamecore style synth playing it. Doesn't fit with the track at all imo. Bass is nasty, in a bad way. Just the one layer playing mid and sub? Could do with chopping/gating a bit of the tail off the kick. Seems to be clashing with the bass. Or that may just be the bass but it sounds weird. Much more EQ'ing is in order, i think. Also a bit of panning could help give things some space. Hats, rides etc panned slightly right and left. At the mnoment the only thing with any width is the reverb and delay (which i think need taming a bit) on the leads.

As for Olly's master. I agree with Mortis "You can have the best mastering in the world but if the mixdown isn't right the track will still have issues". I don't know if he's any good at mastering, but even if he was it won't be easy with a mixdown like this.

Overall the most off-putting part of this track is the title lol.

"Music creates order out of chaos; for rhythm imposes unanimity upon the divergent, melody imposes continuity upon the disjointed, and harmony imposes compatibility upon the incongruous." -Sir Yehudi Menuhin

Lorenzo.Tweakn
Advanced Member

United States
1,327 posts
Posted - 2009/12/02 :  19:50:31  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Lorenzo.Tweakn's homepage
hmmmmm the synth was sum square type saw i came up with using Sylenth1..... i liked it to tbh.

i didnt come wit the name of the track. tony(ozmium) did. so yea.......

ill prolly do a VIP remix while im on holiday for xmas.....

New PostPost Reply
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 0.5 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page