Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 

All forums
 Tracks, DJ mixes & release announcements
 New track - Criticism please :)
 Printer friendly

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
E-Core

United Kingdom
89 posts
Posted - 2010/01/05 :  12:33:53  Show profile Send a private message
Hi guys, wondering if I could get some advice on this tune I started on yesterday, rushed it quite a bit but I spent quite a bit of time on it.
Just wondering what I should change? Like the sounds, and what should change in the bits where it might be getting boring.
Cheers :)
http://www.4shared.com/file/188845850/7efd90e3/X-Ell_-_Ultimate_High.html

Alert moderator
Audio Warfare
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,046 posts
Audio Warfare has attended 19 events
Posted - 2010/01/05 :  19:54:43  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Audio Warfare's homepage
It's not bad but lots of distortion going on... Clipping on the master channel? Can never really tell much about the mixdown on youtube because of the quality.

Could do with some atmospheric swooshes etc in the background,
Not keen on the stabby sound on the bass, sounds cheap,
Add a piano and/or arp bass or anything really in the second break to make it a bit different from the first.

Good start and with a bit of work could be nice.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Edited by - Audio Warfare on 2010/01/05 19:54:57
Ionosphere
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,750 posts
Ionosphere is verified hardcore artist
Posted - 2010/01/05 :  20:31:41  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit Ionosphere's homepage
Everything that AW said, especially that 'orrible Bass, but it is a good tune that's crying out for a bit more imagination and is well worth finishing.

This- http://www.discogs.com/artist/Ionosphere

THIS - http://soundcloud.com/ionosphere

VIDEO - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nYWkHCkaho

8D
Advanced Member

Canada
820 posts
Posted - 2010/01/05 :  21:08:38  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit 8D's homepage
Defiantly keep going, it's sounding good
Piano is always great

Meathead
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
4,217 posts
Posted - 2010/01/06 :  03:17:49  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Meathead's homepage
Think you may be trying a bit too hard to get your tracks loud mate. Everything is distorting to **** when the tracks in full flow. Even during the breakdown actually. Downloaded and turned it down a couple of dB and still sounds horrible. Think you'd benefit from mixing down a bit quiter and uploading un"mastered" clips in future.

Gotta second everything AW said and third the comment on the donk. Bass, or at least the mid range bass needs bringing down a bit too. And what Iono said, needs a bit more imagination, some new ideas inputting. At the moment everything is just repeated within sections then those sections repeated. Definitely needs some variation; a change of riff, chord progression, a mid section, a second breakdown different from the first. Not a bad tune but not's 6 minutes worth. Stick at it though mate.

Oh yeah, and you cut the track too short at the end :p

"Music creates order out of chaos; for rhythm imposes unanimity upon the divergent, melody imposes continuity upon the disjointed, and harmony imposes compatibility upon the incongruous." -Sir Yehudi Menuhin

E-Core

United Kingdom
89 posts
Posted - 2010/01/06 :  11:58:32  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit E-Core's homepage
Thanks for the feedback, definitely the stuff I wanted to hear..

Yeah I've pretty much made everything too loud I have to agree with that, so I'll get them tweaked, and this is where I usually get stuck, I structure the song, but in ideas of adding more stuff to it I get lost, but I will take your ideas so thanks guys! :)

New PostPost Reply
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.08 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page