Total online 1372
 Radio listeners 156+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Hardcore Underground 6 - OUT NOW (Feedback)
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 14

Author Thread  
AceofSpades_Lorenzo
Average Member

United States
241 posts
Posted - 2013/11/19 :  19:27:05  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit AceofSpades_Lorenzo's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cyrax:
quote:
Originally posted by AceofSpades_Lorenzo:
the collection is complete :')

You're missing EP 1

the sleeve got destroyed in the move though

I also have a few other various HU CD's ;)

Alert moderator Go to top of page
djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2013/11/19 :  22:34:15  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage  Reply with quote
I'm gutted that my copy of HU2 'disappeared'. Hope I'll see it again one day :-(

wakkawhoo
Starting Member

United States
4 posts
Posted - 2013/11/19 :  23:59:54  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit wakkawhoo's homepage  Reply with quote
Long shot, but do they have this in retail stores? I'm in NYC, have a buddy in London right now. I could have him pick it up if that's possible.

CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2013/11/20 :  00:11:08  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage  Reply with quote
Nope, sorry, it's through our site only. If he is based in the uk he can order and bring back?

CDJay

wakkawhoo
Starting Member

United States
4 posts
Posted - 2013/11/20 :  00:16:34  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit wakkawhoo's homepage  Reply with quote
Nah, he's coming back on Friday. Gonna have to wait, or get it off a *******... I'd totally get it now if they had a digital download of it.

wakkawhoo
Starting Member

United States
4 posts
Posted - 2013/11/20 :  00:18:06  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit wakkawhoo's homepage  Reply with quote
LOL, I didn't realize who I was replying to :D

Hope this thing does well.

Elipton
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,268 posts
Elipton has attended 2 events
Posted - 2013/11/20 :  00:37:06  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elipton's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by wakkawhoo:
Nah, he's coming back on Friday. Gonna have to wait, or get it off a *******... I'd totally get it now if they had a digital download of it.

Know that feels, I briefly forgot how poor I was and went to HMV to get it, as I did so many other HU CD's but alas it wasn't there. I could have got CXH9, but I prefer Hardcore music. I've got a lot of money to spend on sorting my own music stuff out, so I'll have to sit tight and wait for the government to buy it for me (student loan)

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2013/11/20 :  00:40:06  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by wakkawhoo:
Gonna have to wait, or get it off a *******... I'd totally get it now if they had a digital download of it.

Yea, we frown upon illegal file sharing here. We're here to promote and financially support the music and the scene, not leech off of it.

Edited by - latininxtc on 2013/11/20 00:41:13
latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2013/11/20 :  00:43:16  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by CDJay:
quote:
Originally posted by Elipton:
HU EP 4 comes free with the album? :O

I've generally been sticking in EP4's with HU6 and Launch Bundles, although will have to stop fairly soon as I don't have many left!

CDJay

haha looks like Archefluxx is SOL seeing as how he said he was avoiding this bundle.

Don't forget Jon that you are putting aside everything that you've released from the beginning of the year till now, including EPs, for me. I may not have the $$$ now, but you know I'll be good for it! Well, eventually lol

wakkawhoo
Starting Member

United States
4 posts
Posted - 2013/11/20 :  01:01:21  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit wakkawhoo's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Yea, we frown upon illegal file sharing here. We're here to promote and financially support the music and the scene, not leech off of it.

Yeah, by "digital download" I meant something off Amazon, etc. I did that for the last Iron Maiden album, it was easy as pie.

Elipton
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,268 posts
Elipton has attended 2 events
Posted - 2013/11/20 :  02:18:14  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elipton's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by latininxtc:
quote:
Originally posted by CDJay:
quote:
Originally posted by Elipton:
HU EP 4 comes free with the album? :O

I've generally been sticking in EP4's with HU6 and Launch Bundles, although will have to stop fairly soon as I don't have many left!

CDJay

haha looks like Archefluxx is SOL seeing as how he said he was avoiding this bundle.

Don't forget Jon that you are putting aside everything that you've released from the beginning of the year till now, including EPs, for me. I may not have the $$$ now, but you know I'll be good for it! Well, eventually lol

Im sol?

djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2013/11/20 :  09:45:43  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage  Reply with quote
Shit outta luck?

_Jay_
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,868 posts
_Jay_ has attended 41 events
Posted - 2013/11/20 :  14:05:53  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit _Jay_'s homepage  Reply with quote

Okay, so. Overall, a very fcuking good album. Probably doesn't quite beat Hardcore Underground 4 as my favourite, but it's not far off. For those people that have been slightly distressed about Hardcore getting too Dubby and Electro-y - then this album should restore some faith and encourage those that were thinking of giving up on Hardcore to not do so.

The Scott Brown & Al Storm mix is very strong. Ever-so-slightly disappointed to see a small number of older tracks on there, but other than that - it's a great mix. The stand-out tracks for me are Guiding Light, Stylin' On You, Breaking, Feel The Friction and Extermination. Additional mention to Daniel Seven for Valley, as well.

The Fracus & Darwin mix is probably my favourite. The first forty-five minutes in particular are phenomenal. The Don't Be Lonely and Love Of My Life remixes are off the bloody charts, especially Don't Be Lonely. Gonna make a bold statement and say that it's better than the original. The Promises track is a bit of an interesting one. When it's being mixed in it so gorgeously-uplifting and chirpy, and the main riff and thrust of the music is, again, really quite uplifting. But the vocal is quite, I dunno, melancholy in nature. Good quality, but just a bit of a contradictory kind of vibe. Tell you what, I would love to hear an instrumental of that. But yeah, I'm digressing - the whole mix is bang-on, basically. Proper bloody good stuff.

Generally speaking, Breakbeat Hardcore doesn't do it for me. That's not because I've not opened my mind, or because I've not heard the right stuff - structurally, affectingly, feelingly - it just doesn't push my buttons like four-four Hardcore. So, it seems a little silly for me to leave feedback on this mix. I have listened to it all the way through twice, however, and found that Rowan's track Feel It is easily my favourite. Alive is exceptional, as well, actually.

Freeform. My passion, interest and familiarity with Freeform has grown exponentially over the past twenty four months, and this mix is a powerful example of why. Proper ridiculous collection of individual tunes, and a proper ridiculously well-structured and organised mix. Fcuking loving some of those harder sounds at the end. The Like A Bulldozer remix is fcuking amazing. Douglas' remix of Fulla Culture is absolutely huge. Difference is a great track, as well. Great to see Technikore involved in something like that! Plenty of other tracks in there that deserve mentions as well (including lots of gorgeous uplifting stuff from the likes of jD-KiD and 3Star etc.). One of my favourite tracks of the year is on there, as well - Latika. Proper close call with this and the Fracus & Darwin mix. I think this Freeform mix will mature like powerful cheese and go on to become one of my favourite mixes of recent years.

Overall, a pretty special album. Confidence-inducing stuff (for people's Hardcore-outlooks in general).

quote:
Originally posted by djDMS:
Shit outta luck?

He got it.

Quicksilver
Advanced Member

Sweden
2,545 posts
Posted - 2013/11/20 :  16:23:00  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Quicksilver's homepage  Reply with quote
Fracus' solo stuff has never quite hit the mark for me, it's generally "quite good", but All Night is absolutely fantastic!

My SOUNDCLOUD

_Jay_
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,868 posts
_Jay_ has attended 41 events
Posted - 2013/11/20 :  16:53:20  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit _Jay_'s homepage  Reply with quote

Module was another recent (ish) one that is sick.

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 14 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5 ... 9  10  11  12  13  14
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.08 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page