Printer friendly
Page: 
of 14

Author Thread  
Rodz90
Average Member

United Kingdom
208 posts
Posted - 2014/04/04 :  18:30:02  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Rodz90's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by piumaki:
quote:
Originally posted by CDJay:
There is CD text, but not online database presence.

I'm investigating ways to get precisely that for past, present and future projects!

CDJay

Dont know why, but for example CD 1 (or the whole Brisk album) is perfectly tagged

Anyway, tag or not tag, I'm enjoying it very much!!!! :D

I don't think there is CD text for cd's 2,3,and 4 for First Order. iTunes would have grabbed it if there was

Alert moderator Go to top of page
CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2014/04/04 :  19:01:04  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage  Reply with quote
iTunes never grabs cd text. It seeks online database info.

CDJay

Rodz90
Average Member

United Kingdom
208 posts
Posted - 2014/04/04 :  20:28:07  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Rodz90's homepage  Reply with quote
Yeah from the Gracenote database, but then how come all of Brisks CDs, the first disc of first order and dj tools track lists turn up fine? Perhaps as a secondary source of data iTunes checks for a CD text file when it can't find anything through Gracenote. If i was programming an application its exactly how i would do it.

Elliott
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,137 posts
Posted - 2014/04/23 :  15:39:51  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elliott's homepage  Reply with quote
What's up with the DJ mix? It's like the CXH-style instant crossover thing, wouldn't really call it a mix.

brodster

United States
99 posts
Posted - 2014/04/23 :  16:36:34  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit brodster's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Elliott:
What's up with the DJ mix? It's like the CXH-style instant crossover thing, wouldn't really call it a mix.

Well that is how Gammer likes to mix

GrahamC
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
590 posts
Posted - 2014/04/23 :  18:04:13  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit GrahamC's homepage  Reply with quote
Flies in the face of the interview they did on the HU Podcast where they said they wanted to do longer mixing and stuff, tricks etc.

Compared to the DJ mix on the Brisk album (which has has set the standard now for me as far as artist album mixes go!) this was absolute cak :(

GrahamC
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
590 posts
Posted - 2014/04/23 :  18:14:04  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit GrahamC's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rodz90:
quote:
Originally posted by piumaki:
quote:
Originally posted by CDJay:
There is CD text, but not online database presence.

I'm investigating ways to get precisely that for past, present and future projects!

CDJay

Dont know why, but for example CD 1 (or the whole Brisk album) is perfectly tagged

Anyway, tag or not tag, I'm enjoying it very much!!!! :D

I don't think there is CD text for cd's 2,3,and 4 for First Order. iTunes would have grabbed it if there was

Whenever I get new CDs from smaller labels that are not tagged I submit to Gracenote. Not this time round, somebody beat me to it :) For some reason though, with this album it was not interested in CDs 2-4. I could not submit the info for love nor money :(

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,083 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2014/04/23 :  19:13:25  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
gracenote is crapt anyways. If you got mp3tag, it can scrobble Discogs for information

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

Elliott
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,137 posts
Posted - 2014/04/23 :  19:59:08  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elliott's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by GrahamC:
Flies in the face of the interview they did on the HU Podcast where they said they wanted to do longer mixing and stuff, tricks etc.

Compared to the DJ mix on the Brisk album (which has has set the standard now for me as far as artist album mixes go!) this was absolute cak :(

They really took an incredibly lazy approach to the album in general. :(

GrahamC
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
590 posts
Posted - 2014/04/23 :  21:29:43  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit GrahamC's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Elliott:
quote:
Originally posted by GrahamC:

They really took an incredibly lazy approach to the album in general. :(

True that!

arpz
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,267 posts
arpz has attended 22 events
Posted - 2014/04/24 :  08:52:42  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit arpz's homepage  Reply with quote
Yeah the mix was complete toss, couldn't be less interesting.

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2014/04/24 :  15:41:17  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage  Reply with quote
Well that's disappointing to hear about the mixing. With these artist albums for me the mix is what matters most. If it's a terrible mix, then it kind of brings down the whole album.

Dys7
Advanced Member

United States
1,231 posts
Posted - 2014/04/24 :  17:29:42  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Dys7's homepage  Reply with quote
Honestly the reason that broke the straw for me to not buy this album was the titles. If the creators and main backers of an album are going to be that unprofessional, it can be reasonably expected they'll treat the rest of the album the same way. I mean, there's being silly, and then there's literally whining on the titles of your CDs.
Though no disrespect to CDJay or HU Crew of course, they're golden.

Glad I didn't get it now.

---
The Spirit at the Edge of Infinity
Check out my cheesy fiddlings here:
http://soundcloud.com/dys7dj/

Edited by - Dys7 on 2014/04/24 17:30:31
Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,083 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2014/04/24 :  18:51:34  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dys7:
Honestly the reason that broke the straw for me to not buy this album was the titles. If the creators and main backers of an album are going to be that unprofessional, it can be reasonably expected they'll treat the rest of the album the same way. I mean, there's being silly, and then there's literally whining on the titles of your CDs.
Though no disrespect to CDJay or HU Crew of course, they're golden.

Glad I didn't get it now.

Yea, the CD titles are more fitting as joke-titles on online mixes.

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

Elliott
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,137 posts
Posted - 2014/04/24 :  20:41:06  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elliott's homepage  Reply with quote
It's quite clear that Dougal & Gammer didn't really give a shit about the project but considering they only had to put up 2 old unreleased tunes and do an incredibly half-assed "mix", it would've been crazy not to do the album.

Bearing in mind that the mix isn't worth listening to a second time, you're basically paying ?15 for Dark Skies and Corruption For The Weekend. Most of us have already got all the other tunes.

Your move, I guess.

Edit: I'm aware of the stigma about criticising anything put out by HU on here but no amount of underground credibility or favour should stop us from calling out a poor project. Personally, I feel like Dougal & Gammer shafted HU with the amount of effort they put in.

Edited by - Elliott on 2014/04/24 20:49:30

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 14 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5 ... 10  11  12  13  14
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.28 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page