Printer friendly
Page: 
of 3

Author Thread  
Vladel
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,514 posts
Posted - 2017/05/17 :  16:44:23  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Vladel's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Elliott:
quote:
Originally posted by Elipton:
quote:
quote:
I would say that the original is better imo, but I have no complaints about the existence of an updated DJ tool.

One sounds better in the headphone, the other sounds better on a dancefloor.

Interesting. What is it that you like more about the original? I mean, it's kinda hard to make a really strong comparison because 2009 has never been heard outside of a liveset afaik but obviously you have an idea of what you prefer.

I find the update more pleasant in all cases. A lot of early-to-mid '00s productions didn't have the same bounce in the kick/bass interaction. That focus on a hugely bouncy perc/bass combo that started in around 2007 really took hardcore to a whole new level imo.

What I hear in the update is an improved kick/bass combo and a meatier lead with very much the same tonal qualities as the original. To me, it's an upgrade in every sense while still being the definition of an update (i.e. nothing lost in translation).

I've always been a producer and listener that enjoys a certain blend of hardcore. Hopefully I can explain this properly.

For me, the newer version is a little too clean. By this, I mean that the short punchy kick, and the clean bassline creates gaps in the song that slightly takes away from that driving power.

By comparison, the original has a kick and bass that fill in the mix more and loud lead that works harmoniously with various sub-leads and layers. This is the style that reflects my own music and listener preference a little more. By filling in the gaps, you have a track that's flows slightly more fluidly.

But like I say, it's entirely subjective. Both tracks are great and good examples of the development of music between 2003ish and 2009

Makes sense. I hear exactly the same differences as you but I prefer that tighter and sparser percussion (which I tried to emulate in my production -- make what you love, right?).

Anyway, yeah, the track really does illustrate the evolution of the genre during the '00s. It's literally taking a track from 2003/2004(?) and transplanting it into 2009, which makes for a very interesting comparison.

Isn't it time you made some more music? I quite liked ready r u and feeling this.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Elipton
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,268 posts
Elipton has attended 2 events
Posted - 2017/05/18 :  05:38:44  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elipton's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Vladel:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
I would say that the original is better imo, but I have no complaints about the existence of an updated DJ tool.

One sounds better in the headphone, the other sounds better on a dancefloor.

Interesting. What is it that you like more about the original? I mean, it's kinda hard to make a really strong comparison because 2009 has never been heard outside of a liveset afaik but obviously you have an idea of what you prefer.

I find the update more pleasant in all cases. A lot of early-to-mid '00s productions didn't have the same bounce in the kick/bass interaction. That focus on a hugely bouncy perc/bass combo that started in around 2007 really took hardcore to a whole new level imo.

What I hear in the update is an improved kick/bass combo and a meatier lead with very much the same tonal qualities as the original. To me, it's an upgrade in every sense while still being the definition of an update (i.e. nothing lost in translation).

I've always been a producer and listener that enjoys a certain blend of hardcore. Hopefully I can explain this properly.

For me, the newer version is a little too clean. By this, I mean that the short punchy kick, and the clean bassline creates gaps in the song that slightly takes away from that driving power.

By comparison, the original has a kick and bass that fill in the mix more and loud lead that works harmoniously with various sub-leads and layers. This is the style that reflects my own music and listener preference a little more. By filling in the gaps, you have a track that's flows slightly more fluidly.

But like I say, it's entirely subjective. Both tracks are great and good examples of the development of music between 2003ish and 2009

Makes sense. I hear exactly the same differences as you but I prefer that tighter and sparser percussion (which I tried to emulate in my production -- make what you love, right?).

Anyway, yeah, the track really does illustrate the evolution of the genre during the '00s. It's literally taking a track from 2003/2004(?) and transplanting it into 2009, which makes for a very interesting comparison.

Isn't it time you made some more music? I quite liked ready r u and feeling this.

I agree 😉😉😉😉

Alert moderator Go to top of page

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 3 pages long: 1  2  3
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 0.67 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page