of 4

Author Thread  
djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2014/11/13 :  20:30:02  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage  Reply with quote
This is a pretty nice album.

Good mixture of Powerstomp, 'normal' Hardcore....and stuff i don't like much.

30 odd tracks, and a mix make it a bit of a bargain :-)

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Mansy

United Kingdom
413 posts
Posted - 2014/11/15 :  10:23:34  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Mansy's homepage  Reply with quote
Im only about halfway through the mix cd and im enjoying it alot more than i thought i would. Mob & enermy feat cara lee - falling in love is a anthem!!

Lara B/Galaxia
www.soundcloud.com/dimples-80

Producer of hardcore, house, trance and hardstyle [2005-2023]

The drunken scotsman
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,486 posts
Posted - 2014/11/15 :  11:30:00  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit The drunken scotsman's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mansy:
Im only about halfway through the mix cd and im enjoying it alot more than i thought i would. Mob & enermy feat cara lee - falling in love is a anthem!!

Yes best tune I've heard in a while and the first time I've ever liked a MOB tune. 10/10. Album is great as well much better than this is powerstomp.

trippnface
Advanced Member

United States
1,654 posts
trippnface has attended 21 events
Posted - 2014/11/22 :  20:16:34  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit trippnface's homepage  Reply with quote
thought this was absolutely horrible.
over 80% the music is really really bad powerstomp.
...it's called hardcore innovators....and they already have a series specifically for powerstomp. confused
so many bland tracks. MOB is pretty much the only one who even does any hardcore practically; and it is pretty sub par imo. best track on the album is never let you down...hold me tonight & suckin on my titties are ok remixes....
lady dubbz has some of the best UK hardcore tracks and all 4 tracks on these showcase nothing of her talent.
it's like normally good artists actually did worse for this album
totally disappointing. the mixing is ok; and haywire really hardly does any scratching....
would not recommend unless your a powerstomp junkie. the first volume is much much better

Vladel
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,514 posts
Posted - 2014/11/22 :  20:56:43  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Vladel's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by trippnface:
...it's called hardcore innovators....and they already have a series specifically for powerstomp. confused
so many bland tracks. MOB is pretty much the only one who even does any hardcore practically; and it is pretty sub par imo. best track on the album is never let you down...hold me tonight & suckin on my titties are ok remixes....
lady dubbz has some of the best UK hardcore tracks and all 4 tracks on these showcase nothing of her talent.
totally disappointing. the mixing is ok; and haywire really hardly does any scratching....
would not recommend unless your a powerstomp junkie. the first volume is much much better

Firstly i disagree and secondly, you're wrong. I will explain of course: less than half the unmixed tracks are actually powerstomp and while they may not all be up to standard that doesn't constitute 80%, more like 50% or do you need a maths lesson? Anyhow the point you made about MOB and Lady Dubbz made me laugh because i found they really brought the album down, especially (not enough head for futureworld mob) although he does his best to sound like he should be in that all boys club.
You said bad powerstomp which is better than the knock off shite everyone (who isn't leathal theory is knocking out) although i will agree that most of it isn't the best powerstomp i have ever heard.
Kick it, turn to you, hold me tonight and keep it lethal are good but the rest is maybe sub standard but that doesn't constitute 80%. There's about 7or 8 good non powerstomp tracks on there far from anything Knob/Mob did of course but nevermind 11 out of 7 ain't bad, is that about 80%?

trippnface
Advanced Member

United States
1,654 posts
Posted - 2014/11/22 :  21:22:49  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit trippnface's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Vladel:
quote:

Firstly i disagree and secondly, you're wrong. I will explain of course: less than half the unmixed tracks are actually powerstomp and while they may not all be up to standard that doesn't constitute 80%, more like 50% or do you need a maths lesson? Anyhow the point you made about MOB and Lady Dubbz made me laugh because i found they really brought the album down, especially (not enough head for futureworld mob) although he does his best to sound like he should be in that all boys club.
You said bad powerstomp which is better than the knock off shite everyone (who isn't leathal theory is knocking out) although i will agree that most of it isn't the best powerstomp i have ever heard.
Kick it, turn to you, hold me tonight and keep it lethal are good but the rest is maybe sub standard but that doesn't constitute 80%. There's about 7or 8 good non powerstomp tracks on there far from anything Knob/Mob did of course but nevermind 11 out of 7 ain't bad, is that about 80%?

honestly i think 1 powerstomp track is too much. they have a series for powerstomp!

i agree lady dubbz & MOB bring the album down; that is what i said. i meant dubbz has good tracks...not on here..
honestly the only powerstomp i like was that 1 M-project mix lol; which blows everything on this absolutely out of the water.he should show joey the ropes. why not just call this " this is powerstomp 2 " ..or something... with *some* (ok) hardcore. pretty bunk calling it hardcore innovators when even if you're right; half a ****ing album is half a ****ing album . of really slow; tedious sounding music...****; do some tribekore/hardtek or something ; at least it sounds like hardcore.
powerstomp is joey riots sneaky way of putting in trap and big room house sounds honestly.
even the mixing is pretty weak. i can burn a cd and just make the tracks roll into each other to the same effects of hix mixing at points...lazy.

hmm ugh .. kick it is cool... and space odyssey !
and ok i suck at math lol. i will claim it is more than half though

fighting about opinions though is a bit ridiculous; just my review ;)

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2014/11/22 :  21:23:02  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:

trippnface
Advanced Member

United States
1,654 posts
Posted - 2014/11/22 :  21:32:57  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit trippnface's homepage  Reply with quote
6 tracks max on both unmixed cd's that are not powerstomp

i will give you 15

15/34 = 44% ;)

Edited by - trippnface on 2014/11/22 21:41:04
Vladel
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,514 posts
Posted - 2014/11/22 :  22:47:06  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Vladel's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:

i will give you 15

15/34 = 44% ;)

That's not 80% powerstomp but you are right that it is over 50% that is powerstomp so on content of hardcore vs powerstomp we are probably quite close, although i was closer. If we look at the original points of the post which were not focused of percentage of powerstomp percentage we can look at Mob and Lady dubbz which i feel took up album space which is a place we differ however, that is down to taste moreso than content.
You said they already have a series for powerstomp. Well at only 66% powerstomp that would make it about the same ratio as hardcore on recent clubland hardcore albums against dumstep/drumstep etc.

quote:

this is the first i've heard of Lady Dubbz but maybe she didn't do what she was best as to perhaps contribute powerstomep to the album? dunno but i seriously doubt the lethal theory producers got together and decided to produce a load of shite for this album because it's a lot better than the first one.

Anyhow back to the powerstomp thing. It's not perfect but it's far cry from the big room crap you compared it to. If you consider branding and personal opinion (which in mos industries you would do) before making a purchase you gotta know that a Futureworld project would consist of mostly trendy dub core. A neophyte album would be hard dutch stuff and a fracus & darwin album would contain 90% crap and 10% gold. Again that is down to taste and people like different stuff but to buy a lethal theory album and be upset at 50% or more powerstomp, (which is the sound they are pushing), well that's just silly.

trippnface
Advanced Member

United States
1,654 posts
Posted - 2014/11/23 :  02:00:22  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit trippnface's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:

i will give you 15

15/34 = 44% ;)

That's not 80% powerstomp but you are right that it is over 50% that is powerstomp so on content of hardcore vs powerstomp we are probably quite close, although i was closer. If we look at the original points of the post which were not focused of percentage of powerstomp percentage we can look at Mob and Lady dubbz which i feel took up album space which is a place we differ however, that is down to taste moreso than content.
You said they already have a series for powerstomp. Well at only 66% powerstomp that would make it about the same ratio as hardcore on recent clubland hardcore albums against dumstep/drumstep etc.

quote:

this is the first i've heard of Lady Dubbz but maybe she didn't do what she was best as to perhaps contribute powerstomep to the album? dunno but i seriously doubt the lethal theory producers got together and decided to produce a load of shite for this album because it's a lot better than the first one.

Anyhow back to the powerstomp thing. It's not perfect but it's far cry from the big room crap you compared it to. If you consider branding and personal opinion (which in mos industries you would do) before making a purchase you gotta know that a Futureworld project would consist of mostly trendy dub core. A neophyte album would be hard dutch stuff and a fracus & darwin album would contain 90% crap and 10% gold. Again that is down to taste and people like different stuff but to buy a lethal theory album and be upset at 50% or more powerstomp, (which is the sound they are pushing), well that's just silly.

true enough i suppose i should've expected it. if it was breakbeat i would not be bitching; guess i'm genre - ist lol. oh well lesson learned . good thing i got HHU as well ;)

that entity album will fulfill my dreams fully though!

Vladel
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,514 posts
Posted - 2014/11/23 :  08:33:54  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Vladel's homepage  Reply with quote
The entity album should be immense and i'd expect quite a bit of breakbeat on that

djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
Posted - 2014/11/23 :  08:39:29  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage  Reply with quote
If there isn't at least 80% Powerstomp on Entity's album I'm not buying it.

The drunken scotsman
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,486 posts
Posted - 2014/11/23 :  10:34:45  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit The drunken scotsman's homepage  Reply with quote
This thread is 100% full of 50-80% bullsh*t. Does anybody want a fight?

Edited by - The drunken scotsman on 2014/11/23 10:35:33
Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,083 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2014/11/23 :  11:25:23  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
No samples of the album?

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
Posted - 2014/11/23 :  11:29:27  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage  Reply with quote
I'm 80% sure there aren't any

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 4 pages long: 1  2  3  4
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.86 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page