Page: 
of 13

Author Thread  
warped_candykid
Advanced Member

United States
3,938 posts
warped_candykid has attended 5 events
Posted - 2014/11/20 :  02:23:35  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit warped_candykid's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by trippnface:
quote:
Originally posted by warped_candykid:
quote:
Originally posted by latininxtc:
Yea I'm getting irritated that I haven't got mine lol.

When did you ship the US orders CDJay?

That's what I'm wondering. My order is listed as "Paid". Does that also mean it is shipped?

don't you live east coast as well? how did lorenzo receive his and you did not get yours lol. i mean i know west we are gunna be lagging a bit but... post office operations can go fk themselves. 2014 and its like the god damn pony express still....

Ya, down in TN. I didn't pre-order my copy (I had to wait until my next paycheck came in), so I knew mine wouldn't be sent out with the first batch. But my order went a couple of days listed as a "pre-order", now it's been, "Paid" for a couple of days, so the next thing should say "shipped!"

Alert moderator Go to top of page
AceofSpades_Lorenzo
Average Member

United States
241 posts
Posted - 2014/11/20 :  02:40:02  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit AceofSpades_Lorenzo's homepage  Reply with quote
I'm 90% sure "paid" means it's been shipped.

trippnface
Advanced Member

United States
1,654 posts
trippnface has attended 21 events
Posted - 2014/11/20 :  05:29:03  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit trippnface's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by trippnface:
quote:
quote:
Yea I'm getting irritated that I haven't got mine lol.

When did you ship the US orders CDJay?

That's what I'm wondering. My order is listed as "Paid". Does that also mean it is shipped?

don't you live east coast as well? how did lorenzo receive his and you did not get yours lol. i mean i know west we are gunna be lagging a bit but... post office operations can go fk themselves. 2014 and its like the god damn pony express still....

Ya, down in TN. I didn't pre-order my copy (I had to wait until my next paycheck came in), so I knew mine wouldn't be sent out with the first batch. But my order went a couple of days listed as a "pre-order", now it's been, "Paid" for a couple of days, so the next thing should say "shipped!"

ahhh that makes sense. def should be seeing it soon ;)
pretty sure i was first batch must get tomorrow 0.o

CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2014/11/20 :  10:27:44  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage  Reply with quote
Yea, paid (changing from pre-order) would imply shipped.

Almost all international orders went out last Monday, it should be with you imminently!

If you PM me your order number I can get you tracking details

CDJay

warped_candykid
Advanced Member

United States
3,938 posts
warped_candykid has attended 5 events
Posted - 2014/11/21 :  01:41:58  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit warped_candykid's homepage  Reply with quote
GOT MY COPY TODAY!!!

Vladel
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,514 posts
Posted - 2014/11/21 :  10:48:14  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Vladel's homepage  Reply with quote
If you're gonna do a volume two perhaps we could make some remix wishlists ie the song and who we'd like to remix it.

CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2014/11/21 :  11:15:12  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage  Reply with quote
Go for it

CDJay

fakka13k
Average Member

United Kingdom
182 posts
Posted - 2014/11/26 :  05:10:05  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit fakka13k's homepage  Reply with quote
I ordered my copy and another pack the other day, rekkon it will reach Oz by Xmas?

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,083 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2014/11/26 :  07:03:50  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by fakka13k:
I ordered my copy and another pack the other day, rekkon it will reach Oz by Xmas?

I get stuff from China an japan within 10 days. Is getting stuff from/to Oz that bad that even China is better? :P

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2014/11/26 :  10:04:22  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by fakka13k:

I'd expect it after 7-10 days, so.. Yeah

CDJay

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2014/11/26 :  18:43:28  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage  Reply with quote
Alright my long-awaited review! I received this album last Wednesday but was enjoying it too much that I've been putting this off a bit lol. Not going to rate these by a 1-10 ratio because I find that stupid and also I just never believed in rating something like that. I either like a track, love it, or just plain hate it.

CD1:
There isn't one track here that I dislike at all! I even love those that have already been heavily criticized. I do have a few things to say about some of them, so if I leave any tracks out it's not because I love them any less than the others, it's just that I have something to say about certain tracks an not others.

I absolutely love Groove Control, but I find it to be the most out of place track on this CD, possibly the whole album. It's a well-produced track and although it does have a positive vibe, it doesn't have that essence that reminds me of the happy hardcore days.

I love the Come Follow Me remix. It's simple but it gives that great happy hardcore vibe, a truly well-made remix in my opinion. What does me in about it is the vocals. Perhaps back then these vocals were ok but by today's standards they sound so lifeless and miserable. I think a total remake should have been in order and leave the original vocals in the past.

Nothing will ever beat the original Higher Love and Here I Am, but damn if those aren'tincredible remixes! It's shocking that the tracks haven't been remixed/remade to death they're so good!

I'm on the fence on whether I think In The Mix should be alongside Groove Control as a bit out of place on the CD, but it does have a more noticeable happy hardcore vibe. Still a great remix.

When first started hearing Coldwater Canyon I was a bit worried for a second that this may not be something I would have liked, then the piano riff kicked in and it instantly grew on me. Hearing it over and over again this is definitely one of my most favorite tracks on this album! I love the variety of it, and it was a risky track with elements you wouldn't think would go well together but Chwhynny did an absolute brilliant job! Well done!

Cloudy Daze is another heavily criticized track that I actually like. Sure it's not as advanced a production as current tracks out there, but neither were the tracks back then. Sometimes you don't need a lot going on in a song in order for it to sound good. Love the simplicity, love that genuine happy vibe it reeks of (in a good way) from the 90s.

I swear You Row has got to be the most Dutch influenced track on here haha. And why not since it's produced by a Dutch herself, Chwhynny! I can't quite point out which but You Row definitely starts off the same as a well-known dutch happy hardcore track from the 90s. Oh but I can definitely point out that the track ends JUST like Children Of The Night by Nakatomi.

Absolutely LOVE the Dutch influence in All Together. What a great way to end the CD and to lead into the mixes!

CD2:
I absolutely LOVE this mix! Storm and Bananaman did a great job capturing that happy old skool essence in an updated form throughout this whole mix. For me there was never a dull moment at all, and not one track I disliked! I think Storm has found another DJ he will do great in back to back sets for albums. Storm's chemistry with Bananaman is on par with his and Kutski's, and is better in my opinion than his with Scott Brown's. If there is a Vol. 2 hope they come back together to do another mix together!

I also love that there are remixes from tracks that have not seen a remix in a long time! Definitely refreshing not to hear one overly remixed track on this mix. A few things to say about some of these tracks, but am not saying anything on tracks I already commented on the first:

At first I didn't enjoy the Space Odyssey powerstomp remix and didn't think it was going to fit in, but it does fit in nicely with the whole mix.

WHY is On My Own on here??? After appearing twice on one album (HU4 on CDs 1 & 3) I would think that HU would have banished this track from ever appearing on an HU album again lol. Don't get me wrong I do love the track and I found no issue with it appearing twice, but so many people did so I would have thought that was enough to avoid the track for future projects.

While I love Space Invader (both the remix and the original), I don't think that the Scott Brown remix is all that different from the original. You could have included the original in place of it and would not have added nor taken anything away from the mix. Now Harmony, that is a great remix which has noticeable differences from the original! Great remix as well.

I actually like Life We Share, but this is my first experience of the track and never heard the original can't say the remix did any harm to it.

Love the Keep On Trying remix! It makes the track way more tolerable. The original version was fine, but after a few plays it just became such a bore of a track.

CD3 Vibes mix:

I was surprised to see that this wasn't a back to back with Chwynny mix. That would have been great to hear, but both mixes are great individually. As far as Vibes mix goes, I do love how it began, and I do love his mix overall but I am a bit disappointed that it lacks the happy hardcore/old skool vibe that we all know and appreciate from a Vibes mix. I would have expected a slightly cheesier sounding mix or something similar to the Storm and Bananaman mix. I guess it would be hard to do a mindblowing mix in half a CD. It's good to hear his mixing is top-notch, as it has been criticized by a few people on these forums in the past. I certainly would not mind hearing him on any future HU albums, even the volume series :)

As mentioned I do love how it begins, and Hardcore (Is My Life) is a great track. What I don't like about it are the flight attendant voice-overs it has, and the transition between this track and Popcorn to me is a bit off. Perhaps it's just me. But it's really the only transition issue in his whole mix.

Love the Popcorn remix, and more than likely that will be on the upcoming Nu Foundation artist album!

A bit odd that he included a remix of Love, Life & Happiness that was done 6 years ago. It's a great track, but I think there could have been a more recent track to end his mix with. The track has definitely aged very well, as most people will probably even notice it's 6 years old.

Although I do like all the tracks on here, just not much to say about ones not already mentioned.

Chwhynny's Mix:

Ok, why do we not ever see or hear more of Chwhynny's djing? I absolutely love her segment, and love that she mixes in a slightly old-fashioned way where the tracks overlap and fade in and out to make for a much smoother transition. That's rarely ever done anymore. The transitions between You Row and Magical Rainbow and Got To Go and Coldwater Canyon I think could have gone a bit smoother, but other than that great mixing! I do hope we see and hear more of her out there, we are in dire need of some more female DJs, hell more HU DJs overall to invade the scene, especially ones that know how to organize their tracks to make for an amazing mix! She could teach a thing or two to the HU2013 djs about how to make a proper tracklist!

Love all the tracks, but a couple things to say about 2 in particular:

Love the Apollo 13 remix, but felt it had too much of an updated sound and didn't fit in well with the happy hardcore theme of the album.

I can't quite see any huge differences between the Super Sharp Beatz remix and the original one. There are noticeable differences, but just not any huge ones. I do love that this track got an update. It rarely ever gets any attention, and it's one of my all-time favorites from Scott Brown.

Overall, I absolutely love this album and I do hope there is another one! I even labeled the album with "Vol. 1" just in case there is. If there is a next one, I do hope that every track carries that happy hardcore/old skool vibe and not just have remixes of tracks from that era placed in there and say that counts. It doesn't even have to be a remix to capture that essence from that era, it can be a completely new production that does it as well. Chwhynny's productions do a great job of that, so I'm sure all producers are fully capable of doing the same.

trippnface
Advanced Member

United States
1,654 posts
Posted - 2014/11/27 :  00:34:18  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit trippnface's homepage  Reply with quote
are the Vibes & Chwhynny mixes faster than Storm & Bananaman's ?

Edited by - trippnface on 2014/11/27 00:35:07
trippnface
Advanced Member

United States
1,654 posts
Posted - 2014/11/27 :  00:41:38  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit trippnface's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Alright my long-awaited review! I received this album last Wednesday but was enjoying it too much that I've been putting this off a bit lol. Not going to rate these by a 1-10 ratio because I find that stupid and also I just never believed in rating something like that. I either like a track, love it, or just plain hate it.

CD1:
There isn't one track here that I dislike at all! I even love those that have already been heavily criticized. I do have a few things to say about some of them, so if I leave any tracks out it's not because I love them any less than the others, it's just that I have something to say about certain tracks an not others.

I absolutely love Groove Control, but I find it to be the most out of place track on this CD, possibly the whole album. It's a well-produced track and although it does have a positive vibe, it doesn't have that essence that reminds me of the happy hardcore days.

I love the Come Follow Me remix. It's simple but it gives that great happy hardcore vibe, a truly well-made remix in my opinion. What does me in about it is the vocals. Perhaps back then these vocals were ok but by today's standards they sound so lifeless and miserable. I think a total remake should have been in order and leave the original vocals in the past.

Nothing will ever beat the original Higher Love and Here I Am, but damn if those aren'tincredible remixes! It's shocking that the tracks haven't been remixed/remade to death they're so good!

I'm on the fence on whether I think In The Mix should be alongside Groove Control as a bit out of place on the CD, but it does have a more noticeable happy hardcore vibe. Still a great remix.

When first started hearing Coldwater Canyon I was a bit worried for a second that this may not be something I would have liked, then the piano riff kicked in and it instantly grew on me. Hearing it over and over again this is definitely one of my most favorite tracks on this album! I love the variety of it, and it was a risky track with elements you wouldn't think would go well together but Chwhynny did an absolute brilliant job! Well done!

Cloudy Daze is another heavily criticized track that I actually like. Sure it's not as advanced a production as current tracks out there, but neither were the tracks back then. Sometimes you don't need a lot going on in a song in order for it to sound good. Love the simplicity, love that genuine happy vibe it reeks of (in a good way) from the 90s.

I swear You Row has got to be the most Dutch influenced track on here haha. And why not since it's produced by a Dutch herself, Chwhynny! I can't quite point out which but You Row definitely starts off the same as a well-known dutch happy hardcore track from the 90s. Oh but I can definitely point out that the track ends JUST like Children Of The Night by Nakatomi.

Absolutely LOVE the Dutch influence in All Together. What a great way to end the CD and to lead into the mixes!

CD2:
I absolutely LOVE this mix! Storm and Bananaman did a great job capturing that happy old skool essence in an updated form throughout this whole mix. For me there was never a dull moment at all, and not one track I disliked! I think Storm has found another DJ he will do great in back to back sets for albums. Storm's chemistry with Bananaman is on par with his and Kutski's, and is better in my opinion than his with Scott Brown's. If there is a Vol. 2 hope they come back together to do another mix together!

I also love that there are remixes from tracks that have not seen a remix in a long time! Definitely refreshing not to hear one overly remixed track on this mix. A few things to say about some of these tracks, but am not saying anything on tracks I already commented on the first:

At first I didn't enjoy the Space Odyssey powerstomp remix and didn't think it was going to fit in, but it does fit in nicely with the whole mix.

WHY is On My Own on here??? After appearing twice on one album (HU4 on CDs 1 & 3) I would think that HU would have banished this track from ever appearing on an HU album again lol. Don't get me wrong I do love the track and I found no issue with it appearing twice, but so many people did so I would have thought that was enough to avoid the track for future projects.

While I love Space Invader (both the remix and the original), I don't think that the Scott Brown remix is all that different from the original. You could have included the original in place of it and would not have added nor taken anything away from the mix. Now Harmony, that is a great remix which has noticeable differences from the original! Great remix as well.

I actually like Life We Share, but this is my first experience of the track and never heard the original can't say the remix did any harm to it.

Love the Keep On Trying remix! It makes the track way more tolerable. The original version was fine, but after a few plays it just became such a bore of a track.

CD3 Vibes mix:

I was surprised to see that this wasn't a back to back with Chwynny mix. That would have been great to hear, but both mixes are great individually. As far as Vibes mix goes, I do love how it began, and I do love his mix overall but I am a bit disappointed that it lacks the happy hardcore/old skool vibe that we all know and appreciate from a Vibes mix. I would have expected a slightly cheesier sounding mix or something similar to the Storm and Bananaman mix. I guess it would be hard to do a mindblowing mix in half a CD. It's good to hear his mixing is top-notch, as it has been criticized by a few people on these forums in the past. I certainly would not mind hearing him on any future HU albums, even the volume series :)

As mentioned I do love how it begins, and Hardcore (Is My Life) is a great track. What I don't like about it are the flight attendant voice-overs it has, and the transition between this track and Popcorn to me is a bit off. Perhaps it's just me. But it's really the only transition issue in his whole mix.

Love the Popcorn remix, and more than likely that will be on the upcoming Nu Foundation artist album!

A bit odd that he included a remix of Love, Life & Happiness that was done 6 years ago. It's a great track, but I think there could have been a more recent track to end his mix with. The track has definitely aged very well, as most people will probably even notice it's 6 years old.

Although I do like all the tracks on here, just not much to say about ones not already mentioned.

Chwhynny's Mix:

Ok, why do we not ever see or hear more of Chwhynny's djing? I absolutely love her segment, and love that she mixes in a slightly old-fashioned way where the tracks overlap and fade in and out to make for a much smoother transition. That's rarely ever done anymore. The transitions between You Row and Magical Rainbow and Got To Go and Coldwater Canyon I think could have gone a bit smoother, but other than that great mixing! I do hope we see and hear more of her out there, we are in dire need of some more female DJs, hell more HU DJs overall to invade the scene, especially ones that know how to organize their tracks to make for an amazing mix! She could teach a thing or two to the HU2013 djs about how to make a proper tracklist!

Love all the tracks, but a couple things to say about 2 in particular:

Love the Apollo 13 remix, but felt it had too much of an updated sound and didn't fit in well with the happy hardcore theme of the album.

I can't quite see any huge differences between the Super Sharp Beatz remix and the original one. There are noticeable differences, but just not any huge ones. I do love that this track got an update. It rarely ever gets any attention, and it's one of my all-time favorites from Scott Brown.

Overall, I absolutely love this album and I do hope there is another one! I even labeled the album with "Vol. 1" just in case there is. If there is a next one, I do hope that every track carries that happy hardcore/old skool vibe and not just have remixes of tracks from that era placed in there and say that counts. It doesn't even have to be a remix to capture that essence from that era, it can be a completely new production that does it as well. Chwhynny's productions do a great job of that, so I'm sure all producers are fully capable of doing the same.

i think if there is a volume 2 it should be re-do of the old school breaky hardcore sound :p.

Triquatra

United Kingdom
12,635 posts
Triquatra is a site donation subscriber Triquatra has attended 26 events
Posted - 2014/12/17 :  19:07:59  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Triquatra's homepage  Reply with quote
Fiiinally got my greasy mits on this! :D
Myself and the wife listened to it the whole way home after a romantic getaway in Bath

I'll start by giving a little background - I've not heard any of these before, I haven't really listened to any clips online and have a terrible memory so if I have I'd forgotten. Popped in each CD without really knowing what to expect fully. All I can really say is when I see new remixes of classics, especially loved classics, I'm very wary and probably going to be quite hard to please ;)
"oh christ, he's just going to listen to this album and only like things if it's close to the old skool sound" ...genuinely, I'm (trying) to listen to it and enjoy it for what it is, away from the originals. I'm not watching the movie and saying "this is crap, it's nothing like the book".

CD1 - 'Unmixed'
Groove Control...for the first 1.05 seconds I was a little bit "hmmmmm" and then the ravey stabs kicked in and I was all like "YEAAAAH!"....and then the ravey stabs + acid kicked in and I was all like "HELL YEAH!" then the piano dropped in, beautiful. Donna Grassie is an absolute legend - but I can't help wondering if these are re-sung vocals by her as they don't "sound" like the original vocals....the auto-tune on them is a little disappointing, she's a fantastic singer, heard her live, no need for that x-factor polishing nonsense taking the soul away! :P

Come and follow me is stupidly fun and Higher love is spot on, lovely bassline and brings the track up-to-date perfectly, wonderful! :D

Got to go I wasn't really my cup of tea - the original vocals are out there to download still so I don't see why it needed to be re-sung! I think it's case of knowing the original too well and having trouble hearing this song without the original still playing in my head. That's nothing against the new singer at all...it's just you're expecting one voice (or note) and getting another. :P On-relistening to it, I really like the song, just what I already said + that odd plunky 'Martin Garrix - Animals' styled pluck thing for the melody ruined it for me a bit.

Thoughts and Smiles is a great, friendly track with a classic happy stabby breakdown

Here I am is certainly the best nu-skool remix I've heard of it, beats the 2005 remix that's for sure.

In the mix, bloody fantastic!

Coldwater canyon is probably my favourite track on here. Out of all the tracks I think it's the most faithful to the happy sound. Would love to see an album of this style; where instead of going for happy hardcore using new production - making happy hardcore as close to what it used to be as possible without caring about all the tidy-sterile cleanness of modern production. Would it 'sell'? Pfft, I dunno - but I'd buy it :P

Cloudy Daze is a proper head bopper...is that a thing!? very bouncy! I especially like the bit where it says "up"...and stops for just a second then starts again. It's the little things

Magical rainbow is probably the epitome of "new" happy hardcore. The section toward the end actually feels quite christmassy, which was nice on the drive home.

Together forever is an update but like Got To Go didn't really drag me in.

I love the ravey offbeat stabs in Let Go 'party non stop'!!!

and how great is it hearing Sharkey in a track again for 'You Row'!! Hard Core! Again the production in this song is bloody brilliant. MOAR!

Ahahahahaaha, it's at this point that there is a fight for "favourite track on the album"
bloody hell. Stay with me. This song quite honestly...I think it beat the original.

All together now is a great song to end the album on, I think it managed to touch on most of the styles of happy hardcore.

CD2 'mixed by Storm and Bananaman'
is really enjoyable and what a brilliant update to Space Invader! Though I could listen to the melody that kicks in after the lyrics for an entire song, but it disappointingly only lasts 20 seconds, sounds beautiful. Keep on Trying is another update that I hadn't heard that sounds superb.

CD3 'mixed by Vibes, mixed by Chwhynny'
My favourite CD out of the three! basically all the tracks are great - however I will say that one of the tracks, I won't say which one, has the worst lyrics I have ever heard in my entire life. Ever. (though the actual song's pretty good!)

Brilliant Album, if you're someone who is into the nu-skool sound but want's to keep it nu-skool but add a spice of happy hardcore to their sets this is easily the best selection out there.

For me personally, whilst I've been more into the production thing than the DJing thing for the past few years the mixes are ideal! and If I ever decide to join the rest of you futuristic folk with your digitalistic-vinyl and your usb-dongledoodars then CD1 will come in very very handy!

Edited by - Triquatra on 2014/12/17 23:30:08
latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2014/12/17 :  19:17:41  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Triquatra:

CD3 'mixed by Vibes, mixed by Chwhynny'
My favourite CD out of the three! basically all the tracks are great - however I will say that one of the tracks, I won't say which one, has the worst lyrics I have ever heard in my entire life. Ever. (though the actual song's pretty good!)

come on scaredy bitch tell us! or at least PM me with the song you're talking about!

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 13 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5 ... 9  10  11  12  13
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.71 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page