Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 im raving im raving on vinyl
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 2

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
wicky vicky
Banned

United States
55 posts
Posted - 2001/07/12 :  16:34:09  Show profile Send a private message  Visit wicky vicky's homepage
has anyone heard that song im raving im raving. i know scooter does it but im trying to find it on vinyl. who does it and where can i find it.

"play nothing but hardcore"

Alert moderator
happyraveruk

United Kingdom
254 posts
Posted - 2001/07/12 :  17:37:37  Show profile  Send a private message
the original raving i'm raving was by shut up and dance in 92. classic old skool tune - will be difficult to get on vinyl - probably have to find it on www.imouk.com or another vinyl order site. the remixes were by vinylgroover, and like you said scooter. Vinylgroover's version was on VGT, and this you might find here - http://www.subsonicunderground.com/ . i don't know where you can get the scooter version - i'm not keen on scooter's music. sorry mate. If you want to hear the original (my favourite) then go to this web site http://www.oldskool.weekend-rush.com/raving_im_raving.htm . sorry to post music files, but it's on real audio. good luck with your findings. it took me ages to find the SUAD version, but i was very pleased to find it :)

Charlie says "always tell your mummy before you go off somewhere"."Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeoooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwww".

Alert moderator Go to top of page
virus
Advanced Member

Canada
4,346 posts

716 hardcore releases
virus has attended 41 events
Posted - 2001/07/12 :  21:16:57  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit virus's homepage
vinylgroover also did a much better (then the VGT version imo) remix in 96.. the product code is JFK 001.

adam

silver
Admin

Japan
12,549 posts

894 hardcore releases
silver is verified hardcore artist silver is a site donation subscriber silver has attended 108 events
Posted - 2001/07/12 :  23:48:30  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit silver's homepage
Actually scooter ripped it off from Vinylgroover, The scotter version I have on vinyl of I'm raving I'm raving is slow... like 150BPM or something... not recommended, the vinylgroover version is also on Absolute Hardcore volume 2 by slammin vinyl if you can't get the single.

smileshot

United States
37 posts
Posted - 2001/08/05 :  16:00:23  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit smileshot's homepage
The Vinylgroover version is VGT # 2 which is for sale at www.phusionrecords.com. It was also on Absolute hardcore #3.

Take care

Alex_In_Wonderland

United Kingdom
104 posts
Posted - 2001/08/08 :  21:50:17  Show profile  Send a private message
Virus, do you know where I could possibly get that '96 remix from, what record label is JFK? Has it got a different name because I've never seen it anywhere as a remix.

Alex.

smileshot

United States
37 posts
Posted - 2001/08/08 :  23:32:53  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit smileshot's homepage
The label with the cat JFK is Up yours from Holland (not the U.K one).

virus
Advanced Member

Canada
4,346 posts

716 hardcore releases
Posted - 2001/08/08 :  23:44:00  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit virus's homepage
i got mine from docky, havent really seen it around much anywhere else tho..

its not from holland tho.. i know it says that on the label, but its obviously vinylgroover, unless he just got the tune pressed there.. but i dont see why he would..

adam

silver
Admin

Japan
12,549 posts

894 hardcore releases
silver is verified hardcore artist silver is a site donation subscriber silver has attended 108 events
Posted - 2001/08/09 :  00:52:51  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit silver's homepage
Vinylgroover presses in the UK.

smileshot

United States
37 posts
Posted - 2001/08/09 :  04:52:56  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit smileshot's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by virus:

i got mine from docky, havent really seen it around much anywhere else tho..

its not from holland tho.. i know it says that on the label, but its obviously vinylgroover, unless he just got the tune pressed there.. but i dont see why he would..

adam

Flow is the first release on the U.K Up yours label(UPY001).The info's on www.majesticstore.com . I do agree with you though it does sound like Vinylgroover and like it was made in the U.K.

Matty K

United Kingdom
48 posts
Posted - 2001/08/09 :  07:48:25  Show profile  Send a private message
I have the Up Yours mix and the Scooter mix. Scooter mix is shit on the normal speed - but, if I remember correctly theres a kind of acidy mix - n if you play it at 45 and turn the bass up on ya mixer - het presto another mix of raving im raving!!!

The Rhythm Station will always be my home

virus
Advanced Member

Canada
4,346 posts

716 hardcore releases
Posted - 2001/08/09 :  16:28:41  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit virus's homepage
its not the same "up yours" label.. that label came out in 98... raving im raving came out in 96.. thats why code is jfk

adam

smileshot

United States
37 posts
Posted - 2001/08/10 :  02:28:42  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit smileshot's homepage
Exactly, they're two differant Up yours labels.I'm raving I'm raving came out on the one that they""said" was from Holland(96" JFK001).Flow(98"UPY001) on the U.K label is a completly differant song.

Hey Matty does the scooter one have a orange label because I came across a oldskool one with male vocals?

virus
Advanced Member

Canada
4,346 posts

716 hardcore releases
Posted - 2001/08/10 :  15:33:17  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit virus's homepage
i think that one would be peter bouncer - "raving im raving" on shut up and dance

adam

smileshot

United States
37 posts
Posted - 2001/08/10 :  23:01:12  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit smileshot's homepage
What's on the other side of the Peter boucer record?

Alex_In_Wonderland

United Kingdom
104 posts
Posted - 2001/08/13 :  00:08:25  Show profile  Send a private message
Virus, I totally agree with you that Vinylgroover's later mix is so much better than the original. I always thought the version I had was the original until I first listened to VGT #2 on Absolute Hardcore 2000 and realised I had the remixed version on mp3. In my opinion the VGT #2 version is nothing special at all, it's just that remix that really makes it an anthem. Does anyone know where I could get any old Up Yours records?

Alex.

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 2 pages long: 1  2
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.6 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page