Printer friendly
Page: 
of 5

Author Thread  
Sulphurik
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
955 posts
Posted - 2016/10/11 :  21:01:54  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Sulphurik's homepage  Reply with quote
Hadn't realised about the health issues.

I hope the Raver Baby digital releases can get sorted, for unreleased tracks to be made available and to hear new tracks from Hixxy soon. An album would be great also, something I thought he'd have done by now. Maybe various compilations he's been involved with in the past inc. Bonkers and Clubland Xtreme Hardcore maybe made an artist album more difficult to do at that period but definately would be good to see him release his own solo album.

Definately one of the DJs/producers I've been a fan of and one of the first hardcore producers that got me listening to hardcore 20 years ago so usually look forward to hearing his tracks.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Sulphurik
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
955 posts
Posted - 2016/10/11 :  21:07:33  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Sulphurik's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Elliott:
quote:
Originally posted by The drunken scotsman:
Back in the studio today according to Darren Style on Twitter. Looking forward to hearing some new material from him.

I hope that doesn't mean he's back in the studio with Darren Styles..

Don't get me wrong, the Hixxy & Styles tracks were some of the true '00s greats but I have a bad feeling about what a modern collab might sound like.

On that note, let's all take a moment to appreciate the majesty of tracks like Elevator and The Theme. Rushins and Takin' Over Me were fantastic as well.

Edit: It's kind of interesting though that, between these two titans of hardcore, they never managed to write a single original melody for their collabs. Still, you see this all the time. Sometimes I'll hear an old trance track or something and think "oh, so Hixxy just stole the melody from that". Happened to me recently with Sacrifice. Not trying to call out Hixxy specifically though; all the top tier were ripping off melodies from other genres. Probably less than 50% of all hardcore has any original composition. It's always been a genre based on theft.

Is that true about Hixxy & Styles never writing an original melody; I'd need to look into that. Taking over me - are few of the melodies from other tracks?

"Probably less than 50% of all hardcore has any original composition. It's always been a genre based on theft."

Less that 50% is original you say. I wouldn't agree with that.

Elliott
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,137 posts
Posted - 2016/10/11 :  22:50:40  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elliott's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sulphurik:
quote:
Originally posted by Elliott:
quote:
Originally posted by The drunken scotsman:
Back in the studio today according to Darren Style on Twitter. Looking forward to hearing some new material from him.

I hope that doesn't mean he's back in the studio with Darren Styles..

Don't get me wrong, the Hixxy & Styles tracks were some of the true '00s greats but I have a bad feeling about what a modern collab might sound like.

On that note, let's all take a moment to appreciate the majesty of tracks like Elevator and The Theme. Rushins and Takin' Over Me were fantastic as well.

Edit: It's kind of interesting though that, between these two titans of hardcore, they never managed to write a single original melody for their collabs. Still, you see this all the time. Sometimes I'll hear an old trance track or something and think "oh, so Hixxy just stole the melody from that". Happened to me recently with Sacrifice. Not trying to call out Hixxy specifically though; all the top tier were ripping off melodies from other genres. Probably less than 50% of all hardcore has any original composition. It's always been a genre based on theft.

Is that true about Hixxy & Styles never writing an original melody; I'd need to look into that. Taking over me - are few of the melodies from other tracks?

"Probably less than 50% of all hardcore has any original composition. It's always been a genre based on theft."

Less that 50% is original you say. I wouldn't agree with that.

Takin' Me Over is the only one I'm a little bit unsure of. The only other tune I thought was original was Happiness but I heard that melody in a commercial dance track from the '90s a few years back.

It's always kinda disappointing when you accidentally stumble on the source material for some of your most loved hardcore tunes.

I suppose it depends where you're looking. If we're talking top tier, I really don't think I'm far off the mark with that estimate. I think Sy & Unknown and Styles did write a lot of original melodies though. Hixxy and Squad-E are the most obvious examples of guys who didn't.

DjZelous
Advanced Member

United States
553 posts
Posted - 2016/10/12 :  02:19:52  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DjZelous's homepage  Reply with quote
after Raver Baby stopped pressing vinyl hixxy just stopped being in the studio i guess, but at least hes not pulling a dj ham and charging 100 pounds for an album after 6+ years of nothing at all.

Elliott
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,137 posts
Posted - 2016/10/12 :  03:46:50  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elliott's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by DjZelous:
after Raver Baby stopped pressing vinyl hixxy just stopped being in the studio i guess, but at least hes not pulling a dj ham and charging 100 pounds for an album after 6+ years of nothing at all.

Hey bro. I think I just saw a comment of yours on a Harry Shotta vid on YouTube.

If we had hardcore MCs as good as some of the DNB dons like Shotta and Skiba, I would gladly listen to sets with MCs.

I think it might have been the Team Drumz DNB Fire In The Booth.

Edited by - Elliott on 2016/10/12 03:47:44
Jaybee

United States
84 posts
Jaybee has attended 24 events
Posted - 2016/10/19 :  18:14:21  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Jaybee's homepage  Reply with quote
Posted today

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2016/10/19 :  19:38:08  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jaybee:
Posted today

There's that massive obnoxious cunt on the far left side. At least he did us a favor and kept his mouth close. Those teeth of his...

Elliott
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,137 posts
Posted - 2016/10/19 :  19:41:54  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elliott's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jaybee:
Posted today

****ing hell. They look like they're out for a bingo night. And these are scene legends.

The top tier are getting a bit old for this, aren't they?

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,085 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2016/10/20 :  07:32:25  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
That would mean they are just down to earth right? :P

IF anything, Hixxy is starting to look more like my dad when he was alive o.O
Is he secretly Polish? :P

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

Edited by - Samination on 2016/10/20 07:33:00
GrahamC
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
590 posts
Posted - 2016/10/21 :  14:56:25  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit GrahamC's homepage  Reply with quote
This is gonna sound dumb but who are the guy and lady with him? I have no idea :(

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,085 posts

195 hardcore releases
Posted - 2016/10/21 :  15:13:11  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
i presume the guy to the left is mc storm

Elliott
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,137 posts
Posted - 2016/10/21 :  15:18:42  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elliott's homepage  Reply with quote
Yes that was dumb.
And yes that's MC Storm.

The woman in the middle? **** knows. Maybe she's Hixxy's feeder?

Edited by - Elliott on 2016/10/21 15:20:14
_Jay_
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,868 posts
_Jay_ has attended 41 events
Posted - 2016/10/21 :  15:28:35  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit _Jay_'s homepage  Reply with quote

A vocalist, I suppose.

ConnerIntenzifi

United Kingdom
112 posts
ConnerIntenzifi has attended 8 events
Posted - 2016/10/23 :  19:35:09  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit ConnerIntenzifi's homepage  Reply with quote
Girl in the middle is Storm's daughter Taryn.

Had Hixxy in Glasgow a couple of week's ago & he's really excited about the next year for Hardcore, he has his drive & enthusiam back & I could sense a big difference from a couple of years ago when I last had him up.

Major changes happening shortly he said so keep your eyes peeled! Also I asked him about Raverbaby digitals as a laugh & he said the licencing agreement (or something to that effect) with AATW has ended so he can now distrubute them freely which he hopes to happen early 2017, I mentioned how it was a running joke on here regarding it & we will never believe him, h laughed & just told me to wait & see.

Defo change in his attitude though so I'm looking forward to what may happen

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,085 posts

195 hardcore releases
Posted - 2016/10/24 :  05:03:41  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
let's hope so :P

I tried to search for a source, but I keep finding my own posts about "hixxy promised that the raverbaby digitals where ready for release in already in may 2005"

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 5 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.58 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page