Total online 1520
 Radio listeners 162+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 People still producing proper UK hardcore?
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 3

Author Thread  
Sulphurik
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
954 posts
Posted - 2016/11/03 :  21:34:16  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Sulphurik's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by ins0:
quote:
Originally posted by Sulphurik:
Great to see a good number of new & newish producers in the scene and have been discovering quite a few new digital labels recently also. Some have been around for a few years but I haven't been following Hardcore as much within the last few years.

New/ newish labels: Future State Music, EMFA, universal Hardcore Digital, Automation Hardcore, Total Hardcore Digital.

Newish artists I'm liking what they're producing: Ben Defekt, Stu Infinity, Andy Dee, Andy Wilson, Doug Horizon, Haze, Team Rocket, JTS, Ken Masters, Skinny, DJ DFX, Dys7, Daniel Seven, Kyle Wytch wood, DJ Fallon, Steven Davidson, Jakka B, Future Hero, Future Shock to name some!

Haze as a newish artist?:D He has been around running Executive for 12+years :P
Also I can't agree with EMFA being proper hardcore, more like proper cancer. Not because of the quality of the tracks( tho S3RL is being a shadow of himself since 2012), but its target market: it will never be a good idea to attract weeaboos and bronies/furries into the scene.

Yeah you're right; knew Haze had been producing Hardcore for at least 6 years but not as long as long as you say.

EMFA was a label stumbled across on Trackitdown; I hadn't actually taken a listen to any releases. Have now and it's not what was expecting.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Edited by - Sulphurik on 2016/11/03 21:38:00
Sulphurik
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
954 posts
Posted - 2016/11/03 :  21:36:50  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Sulphurik's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Elipton:
Beep Beep, Keemstar alert.

'The scene'.. the Hardcore genre is fractured into loads of various cells. You won't get a massive gabber-head crowd going to a J-core/candy rave event in Milwaukee, and you won't have furries attending Westfest. Hardcore is played at various places to various audiences. Just because it might become popular amongst furries, doesn't mean that you'll start getting 8ft blue glowing cyber-foxes in the middle of the dance floor.

If Hardcore is played at Furcon, or whatever the ****, good - it's presented on a new platform. After all, it's a big community, it'll breath some life into some stagnant music.

Yes I know the Hardcore genre has many sub-genres. I could have been more specific when mentioned the "scene" - what I was referring to was UK Hardcore.

DJ Sketchy

United Kingdom
407 posts
DJ Sketchy is verified hardcore artist DJ Sketchy has attended 1 event
Posted - 2016/11/04 :  15:34:29  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ Sketchy's homepage  Reply with quote
The material I'm making for my new album has a UK Hardcore sound to it! We should start releasing the singles on a MAJOR label in about 6 months time :)

Sulphurik
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
954 posts
Posted - 2016/11/06 :  22:40:18  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Sulphurik's homepage  Reply with quote
Came across Daniel Seven - Driver which is from an album Finland Full Throttle - Northern Lights.

Good to hear about this in Finland. Have heard of J-core, can't say have heard much but have heard some tracks from M-Project. Never heard of K-core or Kawaiicore.

http://finfullthrottle.bigcartel.com/product/finland-full-throttle-northern-lights
https://soundcloud.com/finfullthrottle

Also found a couple of French DJs playing UK Hardcore Miguel Kore and DJ Kolt.

https://soundcloud.com/miguelkore
https://soundcloud.com/miguelkore/happy-hardcore-france-presents-miguel-kore-b2b-dj-kolt

DJ Sketchy

United Kingdom
407 posts
Posted - 2016/11/06 :  23:43:22  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ Sketchy's homepage  Reply with quote
This is an example of the sound I'm going for, for my album. This is an idea I've made and this will not be the finished product (I don't want to get into trouble with my producer here), as all my ideas for the album will be re-worked in the studio.

martinj1985

United Kingdom
441 posts
Posted - 2016/11/09 :  19:18:50  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit martinj1985's homepage  Reply with quote
Maybe not your taste! here is my sound!

TMMD165 - M@rt!n-J - Cosmic Aurora - OUT NOW!

TMMD180 - M@rt!n-J - Balearic Sunset - OUT NOW!

Edited by - martinj1985 on 2016/11/09 19:19:27
DJ Sketchy

United Kingdom
407 posts
Posted - 2016/11/09 :  19:35:58  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ Sketchy's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by martinj1985:
Maybe not your taste! here is my sound!

TMMD165 - M@rt!n-J - Cosmic Aurora - OUT NOW!

TMMD180 - M@rt!n-J - Balearic Sunset - OUT NOW!

Yeah I really enjoyed those tracks mate! The first one especially! Very well produced.

martinj1985

United Kingdom
441 posts
Posted - 2016/11/09 :  20:13:01  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit martinj1985's homepage  Reply with quote
Thanks mate :D

Sulphurik
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
954 posts
Posted - 2016/11/15 :  23:36:07  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Sulphurik's homepage  Reply with quote
Been quite impressed with most tracks i've heard from M-Project this year. Some good solo tracks including Purple Sky on Evolution and a few collabs with Scott Brown and Run To Me M-Project remix. Dowster & Vagabond vs M-Project - I Wanna Be to name a few tracks.

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,083 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2016/11/16 :  04:28:19  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sulphurik:
Been quite impressed with most tracks i've heard from M-Project this year. Some good solo tracks including Purple Sky on Evolution and a few collabs with Scott Brown and Run To Me M-Project remix. Dowster & Vagabond vs M-Project - I Wanna Be to name a few tracks.

I'm actually less impressed by M-Project this year. I know, he's allowed to make whatever he wants, but if this becomes his go-to music, then he lost his uniqueness and just sounds like the rest.

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 3 pages long: 1  2  3
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.09 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page