Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 

All forums
 General discussion
 F**K YOU 2016!!!
 Printer friendly

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2016/12/31 :  08:43:37  Show profile Send a private message
I don't think I've ever been more glad for a year to be over than this one.

This year we saw a lot of bigname celebrity deaths that have impacted our culture greatly. Most recently we lost Carrie Fisher, one of the biggest icons in film that helped launched a franchise that hundreds of milions around the world love. Her mother Debbie Reynolds, a film icon in her own right, past just days after her. We've also lost a tremendous amount of other entertainers such as David Bowie, Prince, George Michael, and Gene Wilder.

Civil unrest continues to happen around the world, and terrorism and terrorist inspired attacks don't seem to decrease in any way. The LGBT community was hit hard when a fat cunt shot up a gay nightclub in Florida, killing 49 people and injuring 53 others.

We saw two stunning political moves this year. The UK voted to leave the EU, with an overwhelming support from Wales and England dragging Northern Ireland and Scotland into this mess. The US voted on a demagoguing bag of candycorn with no political experience and no clue what the position entails as our new president for 4 years, if we're even still left standing as a country by then. I guess these two are a perfect example of never underestimating stupid, ignorant and poorly educated people in large numbers.

I myself went through some shit I've never gone through before. I had my house burglarized. The biggest thing they stole from me was my laptop which had some footage of one of my trips to Toronto, and possibly Phoenix. I got hit by a car while I was crossing the street back in November. Thankfully it wasn't at high velocity so I only had minor bruising, but I lost a watch in that incident. And my left foot has been giving me hell this year, with 3 times having me almost bedridden because I couldn't put any weight on that foot.

On a positive note, I went to Niagra falls for the first time, Toronto for the 3rd time, and got to see Jon and Chwhynny finally get married after so many years of engagement!

But still, fuck you 2016! Can't wait until you're gone for good, but I doubt 2017 will be all that great either since Trump will be imaugurated in January and the UK will continue to figure out

https://youtu.be/b_M2NKE0fyI

Alert moderator

Edited by - latininxtc on 2016/12/31 08:47:12
The drunken scotsman
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,486 posts
Posted - 2016/12/31 :  10:15:17  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit The drunken scotsman's homepage
Just a pet peeve of mine, so I'm not intending for this to sound arsey... But it's not 2016's fault that all these celebrities died. People die all the time, it just so happens that a higher than normal number of celebrities kicked the bucket in the last 12 months. None of these deaths have had or will have any bearing on my life so I'm not in the slightest bit bothered by any of them. Although, as with any death, my thoughts go out to anyone directly affected by them.

What is more troubling, as you pointed out, is the civil unrest across the world and the ongoing threat of terrorism. All signs indicate that things are going to get worse before they get better. Trump becoming president is a concern for you Americans and to a much lesser extent the rest of the world.

Regarding Brexit, Scotland and NI were not dragged into any mess. As part of the United Kingdom we have to accept the democratic result of a UK wide referendum, so in this vote we were essentially just regions of the UK. Scotland and NI didn't have EU membership - the UK does. Nicola Sturgeon thinks differently but as a nationalist who is only interested in independence then that's to be expected. What she can't understand is that she is not speaking for the majority of Scottish people when she spouts her nonsense in the media.

Positives for me, seeing my football team Hibs winning the Scottish cup for the first time since 1902 and by winning it in the dramatic fashion we did. The best weekend of my life without a single doubt. Also I got engaged in the summer and very much looking forward to tying the knot in May 2017.

PS also went to Toronto and Niagara Falls this year, amazing trip!

Happy new year when it comes!

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Edited by - The drunken scotsman on 2016/12/31 10:21:23
wong
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,991 posts
Posted - 2016/12/31 :  10:16:00  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit wong's homepage
2015 was worse for me personally

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2016/12/31 :  10:20:58  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by The drunken scotsman:

Wait, were you at the wedding too or is this an entirely different trip you went to? I'd feel real dumb if we actually met and I forgot lol

The drunken scotsman
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,486 posts
Posted - 2016/12/31 :  10:23:19  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit The drunken scotsman's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by latininxtc:
quote:
Originally posted by The drunken scotsman:

Wait, were you at the wedding too or is this an entirely different trip you went to? I'd feel real dumb if we actually met and I forgot lol

No lol, I wasn't at any wedding. I was over in October, seeing family who stay near Toronto.

Smoogie
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,480 posts
Posted - 2016/12/31 :  12:08:26  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Smoogie's homepage
016 hasn't been too ad for me but ****ing too right has it had some shit happen!

The Brexit thing is a mess, a complete mess and because some of the Scottish saw sense in voting remain, just like more than half voted to remain in the UK in the 2014 referendum, the SNP (Scottish Nazi Party) are now convince that they should leave the UK because 'it is in the best interest of the Scottish people' (wankers)

For the USA, I have no idea what happened there. What happened to their glamorous presidents of the past? They did well voting their first black (mixed race) president and then they go and elect a dictator?

Sadly there has been a lot of deaths this year as well. George Michael passed away just this Christmas.

Well next year should be interest to say the least. More Brexit talk, more Scottish independence talk and pretty soon America's first dictator will be throwing lavish swingers parties in the White House.

As for terrorism, we are pretty much in World War 3, just no one has the guts to admit it yet!

Happy New Year!

DjZelous
Advanced Member

United States
553 posts
Posted - 2016/12/31 :  23:19:25  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DjZelous's homepage
Im just hoping that trump doesnt ignite a war over some dumb shit, the guy is a moron.

Smoogie
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,480 posts
Posted - 2017/01/01 :  00:58:24  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Smoogie's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by DjZelous:
Im just hoping that trump doesnt ignite a war over some dumb shit, the guy is a moron.

Give him time. He has already been named the modern Hitler

New PostPost Reply
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.09 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page