What is really pissing me off about the HU site
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 3

Author Thread  
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,511 posts
Posted - 2017/03/21 :  12:30:46  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Guest's homepage  Reply with quote
don't need to feel big, when you already do

Alert moderator Go to top of page
CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2017/03/21 :  12:42:20  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage  Reply with quote
You're missing out in a career writing unsettling Fortune Cookies.

CDJay

Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,511 posts
Posted - 2017/03/21 :  12:50:47  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Guest's homepage  Reply with quote
AMD graphics card have always been better, but they have always had rubbish drivers

add that to needing a fire pro card to use stream processors to your liking in the past, and you have a fail

arpz
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,267 posts
arpz has attended 22 events
Posted - 2017/03/21 :  12:53:36  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit arpz's homepage  Reply with quote
Isn't all of this stuff negated by the presence of a dedicated video encoding card anyway?

Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,511 posts
Posted - 2017/03/21 :  13:00:42  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Guest's homepage  Reply with quote
you can use cuda along with the encoders matrix and variable bitrate so you have 3000 extra processors doing floating point math

stream processors are locked up with some rubbish AMD smart code or something along the lines, so you can't optimize programs and games to run on a normal desktop PC like you can with a nvidia GTX 750

CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2017/03/21 :  13:17:29  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage  Reply with quote
I think he's referring to the red rocket card which was handling debayering etc.

Still circular, given that you're talking about unreleased products and untapped potential. Comparing the fury x/480x to the titan under premiere pro is madness.

CDJay

Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,511 posts
Posted - 2017/03/21 :  13:31:27  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Guest's homepage  Reply with quote
if you can convert cuda to openCL and back and forth, then AMD must have removed the rubbish smart code for normal desktop PC's

https://developer.amd.com/wordpress/media/2012/09/7637-HIP-Datasheet-V1_4-US-Letter.pdf

which will add a whole lot more speed to vega, as well as not needing a ribbon bridge for crossfire, which will push VR to new levels with massive photo realistic textures

Captain Triceps
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,184 posts
Posted - 2017/03/21 :  17:14:10  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Captain Triceps's homepage  Reply with quote
So yeah, the previews.

https://soundcloud.com/paulbradley1982

Impulse_Response
Advanced Member

United States
724 posts
Impulse_Response has attended 1 event
Posted - 2017/03/21 :  17:44:39  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Impulse_Response's homepage  Reply with quote
You should consider a high performance potato if you want the best possible performance. It beats the 6950x, Ryzen, and everything else out there.

Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,511 posts
Posted - 2017/03/21 :  18:05:10  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Guest's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Captain Triceps:
So yeah, the previews.

there are none, have some spec's http://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/radeon-rx-500-series-details-leak/

you have to wait for the end of the year for the big boys that go up against the 1080 ti and titan X

at least from august on wards, that is when AMD's vega compition says it will ship cards out

vega 10 cards should be out soon, vega 20 cards at the end of the year

Edited by - Guest on 2017/03/21 18:08:07
CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2017/03/21 :  19:00:57  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage  Reply with quote
aaaaaahahaha!

CDJay

Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,511 posts
Posted - 2017/03/21 :  19:31:51  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Guest's homepage  Reply with quote

djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2017/03/21 :  19:41:26  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage  Reply with quote
I don't mind not having all the previews available straight away when an album is announced. Soundcloud links at random intervals works for me.

But I remember the days when not everything was at your fingertips or in your face 24/7.

Previews of every track on albums are useful to help people make their mind up if they're undecided (or need some convincing).

CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2017/03/21 :  20:02:44  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest:

A flagship new product might, maybe, beat a competitors year old non flagship graphics card ina sympathetic benchmark! WOWZER.

Also, probably worth noting, Nvidia have massively improved Vulkan performance since then.

Not that I care, I'd go for whatever is fastest at the time. Which.... hasn't involved AMD since the Athlon XP era. I appreciate their necessity, and applaud their newfound competitiveness in the CPU space, but if you seriously think Vega is going to launch and actively win anything, and uncontested, you're out of your already questionably stable mind.

(Sorry everyone: I don't mean to feed the troll. I did laugh at his misconstruing the preview comment a lot if that counts in my favour.)

CDJay

CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2017/03/21 :  20:09:33  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage  Reply with quote
There must be an actual pattern with AMD fetishists, too. I remember a scary/weird stalker guy called Kevin Dennehy, who used to give HU/Chwhynny crap all the time. He then upgraded to stalking/harassing another scene members g/f as well as Lisa Abbott. With legal consequence.

Prior to that escalation, He actively messaged Chwhynny to slag off her 8 core Intel workstation (listed on her website, natch) saying it was shit and AMD were amazing. I'll say *that* again: he messaged a random girl off the internet to slag off her computer. Whilst..... being entirely wrong. *cups head in hands*

He then went on a mental tangent about all computer music being awful, and kept blanketing hardcore producer posts (Kurt was one notable bite-backer). Sadly he was then arrested for harassment, and when he later resurfaced we slapped him down by linking him to the newspaper article about it.

That's the company you're keeping, Guest

CDJay

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 3 pages long: 1  2  3
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.49 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page