Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 

All forums
 Events: North America
 WEMF - now it's over
 Printer friendly

Only administrators or moderators can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
silver
Admin

Japan
12,549 posts

894 hardcore releases
silver is verified hardcore artist silver is a site donation subscriber silver has attended 108 events
Posted - 2003/07/28 :  09:27:24  Show profile View artist profile Send a private message  Visit silver's homepage
Well the hardcore room was not in the squash court but in the swimming pool filled with packed down dirt, biggest but a little dirty and the main room was stinking hot... over all the vibe was great, I ran into a few people and generally had a good time even with about 1 million bug bites.

What did other people think?

----------------------------------
it's all hardcore.

Alert moderator
candygirl
Starting Member

United States
15 posts
candygirl has attended 4 events
Posted - 2003/07/28 :  10:52:52  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit candygirl's homepage
I honestly can say that wemf was a good time, but not because of the music. I could only stay for half of your set friday night silver, but was disappointed that you didn't drop any unreleased stuff in that half hour... I was hoping to hear more japanese tracks, but that may be my fault for not being able the bear the heat. I was extremely disappointed that I nearly missed sharkey's set due to the line outside (an outdoor festival with all the dj's inside, and an oversold party = crap!) I fell asleep early friday night so I missed all the toronto hardcore dj's I wanted to see as well. The people and random outdoor stages (not involved w/ destiny) really made this festival a great time :)

-Margaret

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Cassells
Average Member

Canada
157 posts
Cassells has donated money to the site Cassells has attended 11 events
Posted - 2003/07/28 :  15:51:17  Show profile  Send a private message
I liked it, but does any body know what the name and artist of the song that the totally sweet radio crew put on at the very first of there set? It was gabber and the vocals kept going love me **** me...
If someone knows the name of that track and artist and where i can find it please tell me
Thanx

virus
Advanced Member

Canada
4,346 posts

716 hardcore releases
virus has attended 41 events
Posted - 2003/07/28 :  21:11:44  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit virus's homepage
quote:
I was extremely disappointed that I nearly missed sharkey's set due to the line outside

There was a proped-open door on the side of the building that lead right into where sharkey was spinning :) no waiting at all!

silver
Admin

Japan
12,549 posts

894 hardcore releases
silver is verified hardcore artist silver is a site donation subscriber silver has attended 108 events
Posted - 2003/07/30 :  01:29:47  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit silver's homepage
Yeah the main room was so hot I had to be careful that my sweat did not drip onto the records... Sharkey even said it's too hot and gave up when he was MCing my set :) ... Did you see the roof of the hardcore room (under the main room) jumping up and down about half a foot... still excellent time, Canada is such a nice place.

----------------------------------
it's all hardcore.

Rave2DaGrave
Starting Member

United States
2 posts
Posted - 2003/07/31 :  04:55:28  Show profile  Send a private message
overall WEMF was kickass!!!! for real yo! yeah the venue really couldn't have been any less equipt. it wasn't until friday night did i realize that the palms of my hands could sweat. i was so drenched that the skin covered by my rings started to prune up like i'd been in a pool too long. but, whatever. i went to dance my ass off and that's exactly what i did. kenny ken and capital j's set was off the friggin hook. silver's set was sweet. definately brought in a lot of kids w/ a chillin vibe. DJ CANDY KID, was spinning in the tribe room (aka the kitchen). when he opened w/ "i can't stop raving" everyone went nuts! there's no way to listen to his set w/o groovin to the beats. no one was standing still when he dropped "hardcore vibes". old skool, for real. i love watching him spin!!!! i've yet to meet someone in the scene that holds more passion for the music. Candy Kid = P*L*U*R*...... no doubt!!! :)
i wasn't impressed w/ who was spinning in the lounge on saturday night during DJ Rap. it sounded like trancey-acid-core, and everytime he would try to mix in a new record, the whole right side of the room's sound would cut out completely. it sounded a little better from outside on the deck, but the mixing problems were still really obvious from out there. it was a shame cause there were a lot of kids who were lookin on w/ a confused look on their faces. i think he would have kept the room a little more packed if he had thrown a few anthems in w/ whatever he classified that noise as. Everyone in there was trying to dance but didn't really know what to make of the music.
the side stages set up at the RVs were awesome. hopefully next year there will be outdoor tents. having the bulk of the music inside really took away from the whole "festival" feeling.
eventhough there were a lot of things at WEMF that should have been done differently, i still had THE TIME OF MY LIFE!!!. i met sooo many chill kids and i CAN'T WAIT til next year. even if it's at the same venue i'll still be there. the positive things outweighed the negatives BY FAR!!!!! peas out MUCH LOVE AND PROPS TO EVERYONE WHO PUT IN THE EFFORT AND TIME, AND TO THOSE WHO CAME OUT TO PARTY!!! MY MEMORIES OF WEMF 2003 WON'T SOON BE FORGOTTEN :) :) :) :)

Me groovin to my boy's set @ WEMF 03

E.N.D

United States
62 posts
E.N.D has attended 3 events
Posted - 2003/07/31 :  10:05:12  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit E.N.D's homepage
Well that was definitely an interesting experience.

I want to say that I had a really awesome time. But I also want to say that WEMF totally sucked ass. I'm pretty much undecided.

It was wicked hanging out with all of my friends wasted away in sketchville.
But the music was definitely lacking this year.

Silver your set was awesome, but I could only stay for half of it because it was so ****ing hot!!!! It was great meeting you and I hope we run into each other again someday in the future.

Virus' set with Gobstoppa and Sharkz on the mic was amazing. Me and Jules got our groove on. And also screamed "Dj Virus the ULTIMATE seduction!!!" during the breakdown of Killer Whale. lol

Tyco and Psyklone got the shaft because they were still filling up the swimming pool with sand, but they got to play from 7am-9am on Friday. It probably gets my vote for the most surreal set of the weekend. It rocked really ****ing hard. 2 1/2 hours of breakbeat and banging hardcore classics. I was on the mic tag teaming with this jungle mc who had no clue what he was doing. hehe

Also I don't know if it was said here or not but there were showers in the hardcore room, so we had the most unfortunate opportunity to witness a man in his late thirties wearing a speedo and showering to Brain Basher. rotflmao

Then Saturday came around and I wandered around the festival looking for good music without going into that sweatbox of a banquet hall. Heard some decent sets dropped by Viper, SOS, Grimace and Unabomber.

Hung out at the Nightmare stage, B7 spun sick ass gabber. I played after him in the rain. Tried to spin despite all of the bugs landing on my records and making them skip lol. But It rocked, had a decent crowd.

Missed Sharkz due to the line up and not being coherant enough to wait.

Then I stayed in Tyco's tent all night hanging out because I didn't want to be bothered by the heat, the line ups and the ******** anymore.

So yeah that was my weekend. I will definitely go next year if they have music OUTSIDE and more hardcore headliners.

:)

enD///Go Crazy! You Know You Want to...SING IT LIKE A LADY!///GOODFELLAZ 2003

virus
Advanced Member

Canada
4,346 posts

716 hardcore releases
virus has attended 41 events
Posted - 2003/07/31 :  10:48:36  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit virus's homepage
quote:
also screamed "Dj Virus the ULTIMATE seduction!!!" during the breakdown of Killer Whale. lol

wrong is right.

E.N.D

United States
62 posts
E.N.D has attended 3 events
Posted - 2003/07/31 :  11:37:34  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit E.N.D's homepage
feelings of warmth and security

enD///Go Crazy! You Know You Want to...SING IT LIKE A LADY!///GOODFELLAZ 2003

New EventPost Reply
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.34 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page