Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 

All forums
 Events: North America
 Stimulus (0 attended)
 Printer friendly

Only administrators or moderators can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
MC ADB

United States
89 posts
MC ADB has attended 14 events
Posted - 2004/03/03 :  03:49:55  Show profile Send a private message  Visit MC ADB's homepage
[0 HappyHardcore.com members attended this event.]
Event name: Stimulus
Starts: 2004/5/7
State/Territory: Nebraska

ADB *Absolutely Defining Best* Entertainment Presents:

"STIMULUS" something that rouses or incites to activity

Friday May 7th, 2004

SCOTT HENRY
RESIDENCY CLUB BUZZ & FEVER, WASHINGTON DC
ETHEREAL TECHNO W/FUNKY EDGE
http://www.djscotthenry.com

Not unlike the media’s condemnation of rock ‘n’ roll in the 1950s, Scott Henry’s Buzz club night came under the gun after a thoroughly sensationalized “exposé” supposedly showed tables full of discarded pills and powders and young clubbers smoking marijuana. The footage was blurry at best yet Scott was forced to shut the night down for a while, and reassess what Buzz was all about.

The re-launched Buzz is stronger than ever now, boasting thousands in attendance and guests ranging from Carl Cox to LTJ Bukem, John Digweed to Boy George. But it’s still Scott Henry, easily the capitol city’s most revered DJ, that ultimately packs Buzz out week after week. The club’s excellence was officially noted in 1997 when the readers of URB Magazine voted it as America's #1 weekly event, an award it has garnered in the publication every year since. Today, Scott Henry juggles his management and residency responsibilities with a city-hopping DJ schedule that has made him a fixture at Spundae, Twilo, Chicago's Crobar and Miami's Groove Jet, as well as Washington D.C.'s massive Ultraworld parties (10,000 plus events where his party-closing set has become a bona fide tradition) and raves from coast to coast that place him on the same bill as the world's premier DJ talents.

Documenting his contribution to the American underground, Ultra proudly unleashes Scott Henry Presents Buzz - The Politics of Sound, his highly anticipated follow-up to last year’s debut mix CD, which delivers the energetic, upbeat techno/house attack he brings to the tables at every venture. 2001 sees Scott fine-tuning his long developed sound, focusing on deep, dark and tribal house and techno, not unlike world-renowned jocks like Sasha and Danny Tenaglia.

No wonder then, that Scott’s made the big leap from nationally known talent to a force to be reckoned with worldwide, having been recently booked at Privelege in Ibiza—one of the largest clubs in the world, mind you—as well as some of the most esteemed clubs in England.

Not bad for “some guy from D.C.” (As Scott would prefer to describe himself). It’s clearly time to take notice of this homegrown talent.

STAKKA UK DNB PRODUCER & DJ EXTRAORDINAIRE
http://www.cargoindustries.co.uk

Shaun Morris, aka Stakka, has led his own digital revolution in music from a young age. As a teenager in Brighton, England in the 80’s, he took notice of the epic compositions of Jean-Michel Jarre. The futuristic sounds of the synthesizer and the catchy riffs relentlessly mutating into the next would find their way into Stakka’s insistent and unearthly sound. It was during this time that Shaun and Keir Tyrer, aka K. Tee, first set the groundwork for future collaborations. Using a collective group name with some friends, the boys traded games and program demos for the C64 home computer with people worldwide. Thanks to the SID chip, the game soundtracks coming out of the C64 set a precedent for computer music capabilities. Composers like Rob Hubbard and Martin Galway influenced Shaun’s start in electronic music and his ability to create running, mind-bending beats.

In 1988, 15-year-old Shaun started DJ’ing. Listening to the likes of Just-Ice, Public Enemy, the Beastie Boys, KRS-One, Scott La Rock, and Eric B & Rakim, he bought a crate of hip-hop records, one technics turntable, and one imitation model. Meanwhile, the clubs in England were turning to a new wave of electronic music made possible by the Roland TB-303. The squelchy sounds of the synthesizer and the classic piano stabs and riffs in the music turned Shaun’s ears to a new direction. Dubbed 'Acid house', the whole movement had a completely different vibe. By mid-1989 he was fully converted to the ultramodern sound and bought up the latest acid house, new beat, and hip house tracks from the Brighton records stores that specialized in underground dance music. Between MI Price, owned by the now infamous Carl Cox, and Jelly Jam, run by current techno guru Luke Slater, he spent every Saturday and endless wages shopping for the latest beats.

Around ’92 Shaun started working on music with long time friends Rob Lennon and Keir Tyrer from the computer crew days. Shaun and Rob’s first four tracks came out on the ‘Rhythm and Vibes EP’. Despite enlisting the help of Greatasset distribution, which supplied a large volume of rave music to England from the early to mid 90’s, this venture was an unfortunate flop. The next year Shaun and Keir started playing around with beats and constructed what was in fact the first Stakka & K.Tee track. This time ‘round, their own quality control prevented it from ever seeing the light of day. While he was getting pickier about his own production, he was bored with the direction of the scene, the records being released, and the cheesy, irritating 4 to the floor bassdrums. Luckily others were thinking the same way, and this reaction ultimately led the scene down a darker path. Hearing DJ’s like Topbuzz and Ratty restored Shaun’s faith in the scene. The new style of rave music, dark and hard but still melodic and more and more breaks oriented, opened up exciting possibilities for Stakka’s next developments.

The following summer was the proper start of the Stakka & K.Tee recording partnership. Keir had moved to London and was listening to the pirate radio stations as the jungle explosion occurred. Crazier, more complex drum programming took breakbeats to the next level; with the introduction of reggae and dub elements to the mix, jungle was in full effect. On the weekends Shaun packed up his Akai s950 sampler and took the train up to the city to work on some beats. ‘Ruffneck Ragga’ and ‘The Ladder’ became the first Stakka & K. Tee release, on a south London label called Just Dance Recordings.

The partners spent all summer feeding off of such clubs as the Paradise Club in Islington, the Astoria, and the Hippodrome, channeling that energy into their next two tracks, and shopping them around to innovative labels like Tone Def, Ram Records, and its complement Liftin’ Spirits. Ant Miles picked up on the demo and invited the promising producers into the studio to mix the tracks down for release on Liftin’ Spirits in ‘94. Stakka and K. Tee were really feeling the releases on Liftin’ Spirits and Ram, so they knew it would be a great opportunity for them. In the studio, Ant completely pulled the tracks apart and transformed what would become ‘Brockin Out’ and ‘Serious Intention’ into something more in sync with Liftin’ Spirits. Working with Ant and later with Andy C during their 3 years with those labels taught Stakka and K. Tee essential arranging and production techniques. They incorporated these techniques into the 9 releases they put out during that time, most notably ‘Rugged & Raw’, ‘Andromeda’, ‘Orange Sunshine’ from the first Ram LP ‘The Speed of Sound’ and the Andy C collaboration ‘Danger Zone’.

As the Stakka & Skynet sound went international on the dance floors, demand for their DJ’ing progressively increased in the States. In ’01 Stakka & Skynet descended on Seattle, WA. Here they took Underfire, Audio Blueprint, Zero G, and Ultra Violet as far as they could go together. Although Seattle had its perks, the sleepy town lacked the energy Shaun needed. It was time to lay the labels to rest and go their separate ways. As Nathan returned to Brighton, Shaun took off for New York, ready to embark on a new project.

Now living and operating from his studio in Brooklyn, NY, Shaun launched Cargo Industries at the start of 2003. The label is a mutated hybrid offspring of his style, past recordings, and label affiliations. With this in mind, recruits K. Tee, Friction, and Skinny are currently working with Stakka under the collective name The Militia. The studio has come a long way from earlier days, equipped with Logic, an array of plugins and soft synths, an Emu sampler, Amek mixing board and various outboard processors and tweakers to manipulate the results. Under Shaun’s creative control, Cargo will force-feed the evolution of Drum’n’Bass and electronic music.

DJ DURIAN HARDCORE OMAHA NE TECHNOMAHA.COM
http://www.technomaha.com

DURIAN was brought up mostly on hardcore punk rock and death metal, playing bass in local punk bands such as Gortek and the Microchips, Beneath the Filth, and L.D.D. I never liked electronic music; it all sounded the same to me. Sometime in 1999, Dan Syndrome and I were discussing music - namely electronic music. He told me something that would change my life - when listening to electronic music, listen to the spaces in between the beats. This made perfect sense to me for some reason, and shortly thereafter, I began attending house parties at the House of Rolls and local raves. The amazing sets I witnessed from Amtrax, Dan Syndrome, Lunatik, FTS, Dega, and James Deep required me to get behind the decks. I was mesmerized by their ability to take someone else's music and sort of re-create it. I purchased my first set of turntables around Thanksgiving of 2000. I started out playing disco house and Florida breaks, but I soon grew bored of these genres. While searching for something new, I was playing my house records on 45rpm. That's when I decided to start playing hardcore. I felt the fast beats, heavy build ups, and insane acid lines perfectly matched my extreme personality. Today, most of my time is spent in FYM Studios working on mix cd's, trying to produce original tracks (none of which have yet been released), and spreading the sound of the UK Hardstep to the people of Omaha, and the Mid-West.

DR MINDBENDER PSYTRANCE OMAHA NE TECHNOMAHA.COM
http://www.technomaha.com

Dr Mindbender got his DJing start cutting his teeth on Belgian and minimal tech-house, but soon after began searching for something new. When he was first introduced to Hallucinogen's landmark release Twisted he was hooked on the psychedelic sound. He specializes in the full-on goa sound with a little of the minimal stuff thrown in for good measure. His favorite producers include GMS, Logic Bomb and Talamasca.

As a DJ, Dr. Mindbender has played events with national headliners such as Donald Glaude, Adam X, Odi and Keith Kemp as well as local favorites like Kaoss, Superstar DJ Lee, and .com. His mixing style focuses on seamless phrase matched transitions and he leans toward faster tempo track with heavy, energetic bass lines and twisting mids-range to keep the intensity growing with the crowd. Mindbender also is active in the studio, having released several mix CDs.

"Goa has yet to fully develop in the U.S. like it has in many other parts of the world. Playing it here in the house-laden Midwest makes me somewhat of a musical renegade," he says. "But this also presents me with a unique opportunity to share this music with a whole new community that otherwise may not be exposed to it," he adds.

In addition to regularly DJing in the area, Dr. Mindbender is active in promoting the local electronic music scene. He was instrumental in organizing Omaha's first open-deck weekly which gave established DJs an outlet as well as exposing new talent. His latest project, the online-community called Technomaha.com, has been a constantly growing project to develop a community of electronic music promoters, artists, and fans in the Midwest.

TROY DES MOINES IOWA BREAKZ

MC ADB LINCOLN NE SPREEANDADB.COM SONICFURY.NET
HOST MC & GENERAL NUTTA FOR THE EVENING.
http://www.SonicFury.net http://www.SpreeAndAdb.com

Adb started mc'ing at raves in a place that not many recognize for its high energy vibe, Nebraska. It has been a long road since first touching the mic in 1998, but amazingly Adb has thrived into a recognized supporter and character of the scene. From crazy nights including falling off stages and losing his mic to having graced Slammin Vinyl raves in the UK and working with the crème de la crème of hardcore worldwide. This MC cannot be stopped.

Having worked with many of the great names in hardcore such as DJ Brisk(UK), Scott Brown(UK), Force & Styles (UK),DJ Robbie Long(UK), DJ Devestate(UK), Dj Hixxy(UK), TechItch & Decoder(UK), DJ Stompy (UK), DJ Spree(US), DJ Simon Apex(US), DJ Cloudskipper(US), DJ LostBoy(US), DJ Phil Free-Art(US), Matt Positive(US), DJ Entropy(US), DJ Muppet****er(US), DJ Kaoss(US), DJ Odi(US), and DJ Casper(US). This MC has more thirst for the mic.

Venue: Club South Beach 2450 Abbot Drive, Carter Lake (right south of Omaha *Eppley* airport)

Venue Info-line: 712 347 6100

10pm-4am

18+ Bring Valid ID, 21 To Drink.

Admission: $15 at door

Flyers are coming soon so get ****in ready!

Esdjco Clothing Sponsorship with free giveaways!

Visual Graphics Screen & Banging Sound As Always :)

Online info: http://www.sonicfury.net/event.php?eventID=580 http://www.SonicFury.net http://www.Technomaha.com

Alert moderator

New EventPost Reply
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 0.77 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page