Total online 1632
 Radio listeners 156+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Production comp. Results in, producers revealed.
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 40

Author Thread  
Audio X
Advanced Member

United States
670 posts

13 hardcore releases
Audio X is verified hardcore artist Audio X has attended 2 events
Posted - 2007/12/05 :  23:52:34  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit Audio X's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hard2Get:
quote:
Originally posted by novaboy:
there are alot of talented hardcore producers from canada, like anabolic (cough) :)

He isn't a talented producer.

Anyone who thinks he is has been hypnotized into thinking so! :lol:

Alert moderator Go to top of page
eddiewould

New Zealand
375 posts
eddiewould has attended 3 events
Posted - 2007/12/06 :  04:44:14  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit eddiewould's homepage  Reply with quote
Count me in =D

novaboy
Advanced Member

Australia
1,319 posts
Posted - 2007/12/06 :  05:42:15  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit novaboy's homepage  Reply with quote
Well for the sample pack, maybe we should have a choice with remixing 5 or so songs? Such as choosing one and like seeing whoever has done the best?

And of course the rest of the samples and stuff.. It will be interesting to see who can make use of the samples and capellas.

Im going to struggle alot i dont think ill even make the top 10 !!!

Very very eager to face off to Ionosphere, Influx, Audio X, Dain-Ja, Bulby, Matt, Sam to name a few..

Silver i know ur out there!!! Count ur self in !!!! I wanna battle u! :D

novaboy
Advanced Member

Australia
1,319 posts
Posted - 2007/12/06 :  05:52:58  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit novaboy's homepage  Reply with quote
Theres alot of people on here i know who are talented who havent entered themselves yet!

You know who you are ;)

Orbit1

Australia
400 posts
Orbit1 is verified hardcore artist Orbit1 has attended 9 events
Posted - 2007/12/06 :  06:52:06  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit Orbit1's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Well for the sample pack, maybe we should have a choice with remixing 5 or so songs? Such as choosing one and like seeing whoever has done the best?

I personally think thats a bad idea.

Better to have a vital sample pack with perc & breaks (if need be?) and then let the people loose.

Find freedom within the restrictions and then expand the boundaries.

novaboy
Advanced Member

Australia
1,319 posts
Posted - 2007/12/06 :  07:20:19  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit novaboy's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Orbit1:
quote:

I personally think thats a bad idea.

Better to have a vital sample pack with perc & breaks (if need be?) and then let the people loose.

Find freedom within the restrictions and then expand the boundaries.

Whatever, it was worth a try.

when are we going to start producing?
how long do we get?

this is going to be very fun, as i said, i cant wait competing against happyhardcore.com's other members.

@ influx's post alot earlier on, i agree.. i dont think everyone should be sending their tracks to robin ... judging on production is the key thing.

bulby_g
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
7,205 posts

430 hardcore releases
bulby_g has attended 55 events
Posted - 2007/12/06 :  09:55:43  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit bulby_g's homepage  Reply with quote
Pope, Eddie - Nice one, added. :) Starting to get a nice list together now.

I've spoken to Silver about starting times and we both agree it should certainly be left till after the holidays as people will be away and have other commitments. This should give people some time to try and free up their schedule as well. In the meantime we can get everyone together and get everything set in stone.

Regarding mastering, that's a tough one. How can you tell someone hasn't had their track mastered by someone else? It's very difficult. Robin isn't the only one out their that does mastering.

novaboy
Advanced Member

Australia
1,319 posts
Posted - 2007/12/06 :  10:20:49  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit novaboy's homepage  Reply with quote
well personally i think every song contributed by everyone has to be produced, engineered, mastered (to some extent) by themselves. That way it would level it out more and illiminate unfair advantage. Not that i care or anything. Because theres 10's and 10's of people on this site far more talented than ill ever be lol.

bulby_g
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
7,205 posts

430 hardcore releases
Posted - 2007/12/06 :  10:33:12  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit bulby_g's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by novaboy:
well personally i think every song contributed by everyone has to be produced, engineered, mastered (to some extent) by themselves. That way it would level it out more and illiminate unfair advantage. Not that i care or anything. Because theres 10's and 10's of people on this site far more talented than ill ever be lol.

I agree but is there really any way to police it?

novaboy
Advanced Member

Australia
1,319 posts
Posted - 2007/12/06 :  11:14:16  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit novaboy's homepage  Reply with quote
well, i guess we can just hope people dont cheat.
i mean, you would be pretty sad to cheat in just a fun competition.

i doubt anyone will cheat, but if you do, your ruining the fun.

Future_Shock
Advanced Member

Australia
2,483 posts
Future_Shock has attended 5 events
Posted - 2007/12/06 :  11:45:45  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Future_Shock's homepage  Reply with quote
or just dont send masters?

see this is personally why i think there SHOULDNT be a prize. If people arent getting anyything out of it except seeing where they stand and what they can do compared to everyone else (which should be enough) then whos gonna pay for it to be mastered?

its all in a bit of fun i think youd have to be taking it a bit seriously to do that....

bulby_g
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
7,205 posts

430 hardcore releases
Posted - 2007/12/06 :  11:55:06  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit bulby_g's homepage  Reply with quote
That's fair enough. We will ask that people don't have their tracks mastered by anyone other than the member/members working on the track.

novaboy
Advanced Member

Australia
1,319 posts
Posted - 2007/12/06 :  12:12:16  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit novaboy's homepage  Reply with quote
yeah i really dont care about a prize.

its just competing with other producers on happy hardcore.com ... seeing how good many are and getting pleasent suprises.

To me this competition is an absolutely fantastic idea, this should be great !!!

Orbit1

Australia
400 posts
Orbit1 is verified hardcore artist Orbit1 has attended 9 events
Posted - 2007/12/06 :  12:19:30  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit Orbit1's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Audio X:
I'm in!

I think perc samples are a bad idea as they can limit some people who don't have the capabilities to create their own drum sounds. I vote we stick with vocal samples only and leave everything else up to producers. :)

But I've got some really kick ass samples that I'm sure mr novaboy wouldn't have. You don't think that would make it unfair?

Surely by limiting the samples, then you really get to see people's real skill and talent?

Future_Shock
Advanced Member

Australia
2,483 posts
Future_Shock has attended 5 events
Posted - 2007/12/06 :  12:27:33  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Future_Shock's homepage  Reply with quote
completely agree with orbit1

There shouldnt be an issue if theres enough samples for whatever they wanna put in the track. Obviously theres not going to be 1 kick drum, 1 snare, 1 clap and 1 hat. Come on. There will be plenty there to make whatever break or gabber you want....

at least thats how id look at it.

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 40 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5  ... 36  37  38  39  40
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 2.12 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page