Total online 1440
 Radio listeners 165+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Recommend Older Tracks (Melodic & Uplifting)
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 9

Author Thread  
_Jay_
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,868 posts
_Jay_ has attended 41 events
Posted - 2013/02/19 :  10:44:22  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit _Jay_'s homepage  Reply with quote
Wow! Dain-Ja, thanks a lot. Insane amount of music there. Lots and lots of early 2000s stuff, which is great because I've basically been fed only 90s stuff so far. Some of those mixes sound superb.

Phobz thanks for more stuff too. :-)

This is like a full time job!

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Hard2Get
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
12,837 posts
Hard2Get has attended 21 events
Posted - 2013/02/19 :  11:37:24  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Hard2Get's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
the official bootleg version is the 4 minute one then? I'm pretty sure that's the same version JAL still sells on their own mp3 store.

Should have made a new post as i never even saw your edited post about this tune. Not that it matters anyway as Brian K replied. The version you linked to is by far the best version of that tune and originally i wanted to find out who did it for ages. It's this: http://www.discogs.com/Donna-Grassie-I-Believed/release/238744

Hard2Get
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
12,837 posts
Posted - 2013/02/19 :  11:39:01  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Hard2Get's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by _Jay_:
Lots and lots of early 2000s stuff, which is great because I've basically been fed only 90s stuff so far.

Haha i wasn't even going to bother with 90's stuff to begin with. I am getting to the later stuff too, though it's much harder with that as there is a lot of it.

quote:
Blumchen - Pink Cloud (cheesy as hell but wow listen to those breaks - song is laid out so perfectly). Mega Uplifter. Lovely Jubbly :D

This is my favourite Blumchen tune but it sounds completely wrong with English vocals. It's impossible to listen to. The quality of the song itself is also not as good, though might just be down to the upload.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qP7neff8y6E - German lyrics (you obviously know this version but this is for others)

quote:
Angel One - Invincible (Extended Version) not hardcore but again very like hardcore (it's been on some hardcore cd's but timestretched).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f40Yk9Scew4 - Have another Angel One tune. This time it is timestretched. It was absolutely caned in 2004ish. It actually sounds right at the timestretched speed too.

quote:
Ham - Is Anybody Out There (Remix)

Check out my own listing of this tune. It's not the same remix, but you might think it is by just looking a the name. It's difficult to find on youtube too since they are both just labelled as remixes.
quote:
Do you know if anyone still has most of the Sonic Fury archive? Trying to get a uncut version of DJ10fld - 911 Chilli

I have a fair few Cloudskipper and Spree sets (in addition to what has been linked) but not that one. The 2 sets i always want but can never find are 'Live at Happi Happi Joy Joy' and 'Smells Like Updogg'. All the other mixes that i want i either have or i can get but never these. I actually found a link to most of the Cloudskipper mixes a short while ago, with all of links working apart from the latter of the 2 mixes (the former wasn't there at all though), where the link was dead. Typical.

quote:

Chwyhnny & Nu Foundation - Stars Align (ooooo breaks & piano magic)

Really good tune.

Edited by - Hard2Get on 2013/02/19 11:59:34
Phobz
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
893 posts

13 hardcore releases
Posted - 2013/02/19 :  12:27:47  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Phobz's homepage  Reply with quote
Cheers Matt I will check them both out.

I'm just going to go through some tracks you posted that are brilliant (seeming there's so many) :O

Seduction - Holding On (Vinylgroover Remix)
- Amazing track, had this on my hardcore heaven volume 5 cd. Brilliant. I used to fast forward to the 2:25 point - love that part.

DNA - Somewhere Out There
- Very nice!!! Love the piano. Lovely melody and feel to it.

Monty & D'Skys Featuring DJ Stompy - Electric Love
- Perfect. Love the scratching section :)

Justin Time - Sweet In Pocket '97
- Brilliant song. I seem to like most Justin Time tracks.

Demo & Audio Assault - Magic Touch
- This is amazing!

Demo & Mickey Skeedale - Love U Now
- Really liking this - never heard before.

DJ Vinylgroover - Phantasm (Remix)
- Love vinylgroover always came up with really impressive riffs.

Supreme & UFO - Fantasy Land
- long live fusion!!!

Dream Tripper - Meadowland
- Love the bounciness, would like to hear the flip if that's better

Fabulous Faber - Excitement (Justin Time Remix)
- Goodness that melody is so nice.

Dougal & TKM - Palmstrings
- Wow

Sound Assasins - Like A Prayer
- Damn I love those strings in this song. Such a nice sound.

Vinylgroover & Edy C - Bright Eyes
- Love it. Also here is a nice version - select remix very nice too (also on HH volume 5) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQB5zAaQ7b8

Brisk & Trixxy - Goodbye Summertime
- Makes my spine tingle - so uplifting :)

Rapido - Inside Beat (Fade Remix)
- One of my favourite songs. I could have this tune on repeat and never get bored. Masterpiece.

Stealth - Flowers Need The Rain (Brisk Mix)
- Such an happy energetic track.

There is so many tracks you've listed I couldn't go through them all but picked out some of the ones that jumped out at me. These are all going in a big fat playlist. Best thread :)

One more little track - a little beauty.

Rapido - Ultraviolet
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fnj1t-DRLLY

DJ Hellfury
Advanced Member

Austria
2,237 posts
DJ Hellfury has attended 7 events
Posted - 2013/02/19 :  12:36:07  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ Hellfury's homepage  Reply with quote
This thread should get a sticky, it really is informative and filled with good tracks. :)

Hardcore Shows Soundcloud
Hellfury Soundcloud
Label Bandcamp

Phobz
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
893 posts

13 hardcore releases
Posted - 2013/02/19 :  12:42:43  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Phobz's homepage  Reply with quote
Ah Matt - When i listen to the german version of pink cloud it feel's so strange because i've never heard it before. Only the english version. I really like Rosa's voice. And she is sexy.

Sorry I didn't notice you put Ham - Anybody out there up. So many tracks in this list it's going to get hard to avoid I will check out the version you put up. I heard DJ Cruze play a version eons ago i've been looking for it a long time. Maybe that's the one :)

I think that version of Invincible is the one that was put on an hardcore cd. I can't remember for the life of me which one though. Sure it was Original Hardcore or one of the later Hardcore Heavens.

I just have to add this track to the list. This is an all time favourite - there's also a breeze & styles remix but I think the original is in a league of it's own.

Stargazer - Ultimate High
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzdmepxUruY

Stargazer - Ultimate High (Breeze & Styles Remix)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5b9yecj6sE

_Jay_
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,868 posts
_Jay_ has attended 41 events
Posted - 2013/02/19 :  12:47:43  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit _Jay_'s homepage  Reply with quote
Ultimate High is an unbelievable tune. Always loved that.

Hard2Get
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
12,837 posts
Posted - 2013/02/19 :  13:09:55  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Hard2Get's homepage  Reply with quote
Absolutely loved Ultimate High when i first heard it in 2002. Funnily enough in one of the Cloudskipper sets i mentioned.

Edited by - Hard2Get on 2013/02/19 13:10:14
Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,107 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2013/02/19 :  15:03:11  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
I used to have "Smells like Updogg", but lost it in my harddrive crash back in 2005 as I dont think I ever burned it on disc.

I Stand corrected. I actually have 911 Chilli (10fld), Smells Like Updogg (cloud) and 2k2 Anthems (spree), but all of them are mp3 mixes cut to single tracks and then burned to Audio-CD. I will see what I can do to restore them

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

Edited by - Samination on 2013/02/19 15:04:50
Brian K
Advanced Member

United States
8,663 posts

528 hardcore releases
Brian K has attended 5 events
Posted - 2013/02/19 :  19:37:42  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
quote:
the official bootleg version is the 4 minute one then? I'm pretty sure that's the same version JAL still sells on their own mp3 store.

didn't see it on there, was limited to 200 vinyl on white label

kathryn
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,520 posts
kathryn has attended 3 events
Posted - 2013/02/19 :  20:40:53  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit kathryn's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ionosphere:
....bloody hell Matt.

That'll keep him busy!

was thinking the very same thing.
Matt is a hardcore encyclopedia genius

DJ Hellfury
Advanced Member

Austria
2,237 posts
Posted - 2013/02/19 :  20:52:46  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ Hellfury's homepage  Reply with quote
Brisk & vinylgroover - smooth & irrestistable (a.b.h. Remix)

Hellfury Soundcloud
Label Bandcamp

Edited by - DJ Hellfury on 2013/02/19 20:53:24
Dain-Ja
Advanced Member

Canada
1,983 posts
Dain-Ja has attended 11 events
Posted - 2013/02/20 :  03:16:48  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Dain-Ja's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Dain-Ja:
Check out all the older Cloudskipper mixes from that era. They're hard to get a hold of but they are just filled with the best tunes. Spree also had some really good selection back then. I know you said you wanted youtube links but most of the tunes in these mixes fit what you want so it wouldn't make sense to go tune by tune. I can make tracklists at some point though.

I've probably listened to the mixes I'm attaching thousands of times over the last ten years, esp New Dawn, Summer Anthems 2003 and Back to the Drawing Board. They don't get old. I just uploaded half a gig so make sure you listen to them - you won't regret it :)

Included:

Cloudskipper - One Step Closer To Being Cool (starts with breakbeat and moves to euphoric hardcore stuff like white widow and ultimate high)

Cloudskipper & No Left Turn - New Dawn (starts with 90s cheese and moves into 2003-2004 UFO style stuff, then goes a bit harder). This is a super cheesy one but it's pretty hard to beat.

Cloudskipper - Back to the drawing board Cd1 and cd2 (both start with breakbeat and move into the stargazer sound from 2004-2005 - so lots of the wicked Raw Elements tunes from the era)

Cloudskipper - Live at the Core - San Francisco 06-27-03 (if you can tolerate the MC you'll hear really good UFO tunes from the era amongst others)

Spree - Summer Anthems 2003 (This is mostly evolution/raver baby/blatant beats stuff from 2003 but it's all soooooo amazing. Flow is great too. Not a bad tune in this mix)

Spree - Summer Anthems 2002 (This doesn't flow as well and it sounds so dated compared to the 2003 one).

If you were looking for stuff before 2002, the Cloudskipper "Frequency Supernova" and "Starlight Symphony" mixes were really good and I could post those too!

DOWNLOAD HERE: https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=F34E89FA11F9A07E!1829&authkey=!AHn33XT6Lv9upGc

Do you know if anyone still has most of the Sonic Fury archive? Trying to get a uncut version of DJ10fld - 911 Chilli

I wish! I actually hunted down the webmaster for an old mix by DJ Void called "futurist demo mix" or something along those lines and he said he had nothing :(

If you ever find an archive let me know!

Visit makemeRUSH.com for music from the ONLY North American hardcore label pressing vinyl!

FREE track every Monday: http://www.rushdeliveryrecords.com/?p=229

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,107 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2013/02/20 :  05:41:28  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dain-Ja:

I wish! I actually hunted down the webmaster for an old mix by DJ Void called "futurist demo mix" or something along those lines and he said he had nothing :(

If you ever find an archive let me know!

burn! Well, other than the 3 before mentioned mixes, i only got 3 more. Both haight.street.hardcore.part.I and II, aswell as starlight.symphony (these 3 aren't cut up liek the other 3 I burned).

And Jay, if you ever get time over and want to listen to how bad I was at mixing (well, compared to how bad I am now), I'd recommend my earliest mixes :P

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

Edited by - Samination on 2013/02/20 05:43:28
DJ Hellfury
Advanced Member

Austria
2,237 posts
Posted - 2013/02/20 :  09:51:36  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ Hellfury's homepage  Reply with quote
Vinylgroover & Trixxy - Take me away

Hellfury Soundcloud
Label Bandcamp

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 9 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.84 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page