Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Joey Riot
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 2

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
MichaelFairways

United Kingdom
95 posts
Posted - 2019/07/08 :  01:24:54  Show profile Send a private message
I am both interested and curious to see what the hardcore massive on here think of Joey Riot. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and my opinion is that he is an irritating annoying tosspot and i dont really rate his tracks nor this newfound Minus The Clown duo he's set up with Dougal.

Also his vocals on tracks irritate me to the point of near rage.

Thats my view, but what does everyone else think ?

Alert moderator
Impulse_Response
Advanced Member

United States
724 posts
Impulse_Response has attended 1 event
Posted - 2019/07/08 :  03:00:31  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Impulse_Response's homepage
I like his stuff on Relentless Vinyl but have no interest in powerstomp. Don't know anything about his recent productions.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
LeVzi
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
944 posts
Posted - 2019/07/08 :  04:25:01  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit LeVzi's homepage
I dont know much about him, he comes across as a complete ****.

He did one track I liked, was on Quosh, was Hypnomatic, but other than that, nothing else i've liked.

warped_candykid
Advanced Member

United States
3,934 posts
warped_candykid has attended 5 events
Posted - 2019/07/08 :  05:58:42  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit warped_candykid's homepage
I liked the era of Hardcore when Joey Riot & Kurt arrived. I enjoyed his tracks because they had a harder edge to them, and it's like he was bringing the cheese back to the genre. Is he even still producing? The last track I heard from him was the duo with Dougal on Hardcore Heaven 3.

djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2019/07/08 :  07:30:52  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage
I'll waste as few words as possible talking about him.

He's a ****

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,073 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2019/07/08 :  13:15:25  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by warped_candykid:
I liked the era of Hardcore when Joey Riot & Kurt arrived. I enjoyed his tracks because they had a harder edge to them, and it's like he was bringing the cheese back to the genre. Is he even still producing? The last track I heard from him was the duo with Dougal on Hardcore Heaven 3.

He's part of a Dutch Hardcore group called Destructive Tendencies

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

trippnface
Advanced Member

United States
1,654 posts
trippnface has attended 21 events
Posted - 2019/07/08 :  14:43:59  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit trippnface's homepage
Where is Kotu?

he should have some choice words.

I think riot is basically irrelevant now.

does him or his label even do anything anymore?

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,073 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2019/07/08 :  14:51:04  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage
Ignoring me much?

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

LeVzi
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
944 posts
Posted - 2019/07/08 :  15:12:32  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit LeVzi's homepage
I just saw their set at 2018 Defqon, omg that smug **** can **** off if he thinks he's bringing his ******** to that scene.

The drunken scotsman
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,486 posts
Posted - 2019/07/08 :  15:20:49  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit The drunken scotsman's homepage
I dont follow what he is up to these days. Hes responsible for a few pretty good tunes in years gone by - Hardcore 2 the bone, hypnomatic, power within are a few that spring to mind.

Never had much of an opinion on him as a person. There was one stage when he started going out with a girl a few years ago and some of the lovey dovey pish he was posting online was nauseating, but other than that fairly inoffensive in my view. Not sure why he is getting so much hate but then again I dont keep up with the politics in hardcore these days.

Triquatra

United Kingdom
12,635 posts
Triquatra is a site donation subscriber Triquatra has attended 26 events
Posted - 2019/07/08 :  16:40:57  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Triquatra's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by trippnface:
Where is Kotu?

This! haha! :D

Sulphurik
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
954 posts
Posted - 2019/07/08 :  18:52:17  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Sulphurik's homepage
quote:

Yes I did like some of his tracks around that time also when new to hardcore. I liked his vocal track Don't make me wait.

quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
quote:

He's part of a Dutch Hardcore group called Destructive Tendencies

Yeah hadn't realised about his involvement with this group until a couple of years ago. Have meant to take a listen to some of their tracks but not into that style. By the looks of things has signed a number of tracks to some of the big labels and worked with well known artists.

Edited by - Sulphurik on 2019/07/08 18:54:54
Sulphurik
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
954 posts
Posted - 2019/07/08 :  19:00:54  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Sulphurik's homepage
If you like a bit of hardstyle you might like the new one Da Tweekaz & Destructive Tendencies - We Are Fighters which sounds quite good.

Craigavon raver
Advanced Member

Ireland
2,207 posts
Craigavon raver has attended 1 event
Posted - 2019/10/20 :  18:05:51  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Craigavon raver's homepage
Well don't know anything about him personally, but seems a few people on here think hes a tool lol, but he's definently made some good tracks in his day, and I enjoyed some of the "powerstomp" a few years ago, it also got to a point a few years ago where I thought he was making every tune in hardcore, every cd you looked at was joey riot and he was involved on every track on the cds! ffs

And like mentioned hes a part of destructive tendencies, which I haven't heard much of there tracks, but they did the masters of hardcore anthem 2017 which was absolutely terrible!!

Mansy

United Kingdom
413 posts
Posted - 2019/10/21 :  06:48:15  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Mansy's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Craigavon raver:
Well don't know anything about him personally, but seems a few people on here think hes a tool lol, but he's definently made some good tracks in his day, and I enjoyed some of the "powerstomp" a few years ago, it also got to a point a few years ago where I thought he was making every tune in hardcore, every cd you looked at was joey riot and he was involved on every track on the cds! ffs

And like mentioned hes a part of destructive tendencies, which I haven't heard much of there tracks, but they did the masters of hardcore anthem 2017 which was absolutely terrible!!

I think those albums i think were the end result of all.his enginering days. I mean why not charge people to make s track with you and then bang them all on a album and further your profit.

Lara B/Galaxia
www.soundcloud.com/dimples-80

Producer of hardcore, house, trance and hardstyle [2005-2023]

Sulphurik
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
954 posts
Posted - 2020/01/25 :  18:21:09  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Sulphurik's homepage
Had thought wonder if Joey Riot would return to releasing UK hardcore again as he's been producing Dutch hardcore with Destructive Tendancies. Had forgotten about Minus the crown with Dougal. Haven't heard and can't find any releases apart from one on beatport 4 in the morning, not liking it much. Have there not been some more releases?

He seems to have had success with DT but the genre isn't what I'm into. There has been a small number of Dutch Hardcore/ early hardcore tracks have liked in the past but it's a genre that doesn't do it for me. I have liked small number of tracks from around early 2000s to early 2010s. From what I've heard of the sound since I'm not into.

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 2 pages long: 1  2
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.67 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page