GE 2019
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 7

Author Thread  
Rhoobarb2005

Afghanistan
82 posts
Posted - 2019/11/22 :  11:44:34  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Rhoobarb2005's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by MusicILove:
quote:
Originally posted by Rhoobarb2005:
quote:
If you dislike Russia why would you support labour? They will get rid of our nuclear deterrent which could mean Russia could just walk in and take over.. They could just say give us everything or we will kill you all.

Did they say they would get rid, or stop the money being spent on trident? (havent been keeping up with that)

I never said I was support/vote labour (I am still undecided until everyone sets out their lies, I mean plans), I was more just responding to comments about labour's "promises".
As I said, ALL politicians are corrupt scum. It was the reason I was apolitical before. I hold no allegiance to any party or politician.

It makes me feel a bit dirty to plant my flag in one camp, as none of them fully represent what I would like.

I just have to vote for those who I think will stuff this country up the least, based on my views.

Fair enough to be honest I?m now fed up of voting I wish that a party would get in do their 4 or 5 years and do what they say they?re going to do within those 4 or 5 years. Instead of just going back on promises or saying we?ve made some progress but we need another 4 or 5 years to finish it.

Don't forget the old classic "The last 4 years under us have been hard, buuuuuuuuut that's because we were clearing up the previous governments mess! Not our fault, vote for us!"

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Smoogie
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,483 posts
Posted - 2019/11/22 :  18:37:39  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Smoogie's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rhoobarb2005:

Don't forget the old classic "The last 4 years under us have been hard, buuuuuuuuut that's because we were clearing up the previous governments mess! Not our fault, vote for us!"

Well Labour did leave us a lot of mess to clear up!

LeVzi
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
944 posts
Posted - 2019/11/23 :  11:18:02  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit LeVzi's homepage  Reply with quote
Labour ****ed this country royally under Blair / Brown, then Cameron came in and lost the plot trying to fix it all and screwed everyone again. May came in and lied from start to finish and nothing changed.

Johnson has lied too, but at least he wants us out of the EU , which is really what this is all about.

Corbyn hasn't committed to anything, but there would be a 2nd referendum, and his spending plans are fantasy.

Swinson has said complete revokation of A50 and stop brexit, that is going to cause even more problems, same as SNP, Plaid Cymru and

Green Party, these idiots are the possibly the worst of the lot. They want to spend spend spend and cause massive economic failings purely based on saving the planet. OK saving the planet would be a good cause if things were that bad, but they aren't. A more sensible , less radical approach would make them credible. Green party been smoking too much green tbh.

Which leaves the party I am voting for, the Brexit Party. Farage is not everyones cup of tea, I know that, but he's been pretty on point about things over the last 4 years. They have stated policies now which I am in favour of, scrapping HS2 the rail network, cutting the foreign aid budget and pumping billions back into the UK's infrastructure to get the economy going. Farage was a commodities broker before he got involved with it all, so now he's said he wants to help small businesses, and being a family that has a small business, I am all in favour of that and giving small business priority and helping them more. Only have to look at my local high street to see how bad it is for local business.

Triquatra

United Kingdom
12,635 posts
Triquatra is a site donation subscriber Triquatra has attended 26 events
Posted - 2019/11/23 :  16:21:18  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Triquatra's homepage  Reply with quote
Depending on where you are BXP is most likely a wasted vote. And there'll be wasted votes all over the place until we get the country off FPTP and swtiched to something sensible like AMS or STV.

Depending on where a person is of course. Anyone voting for BXP or Green when they want leave/remain needs to check the votes in their area otherwise they may just be letting someone in who is even further from their own stance.

LeVzi
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
944 posts
Posted - 2019/11/24 :  08:30:59  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit LeVzi's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Triquatra:
Depending on where you are BXP is most likely a wasted vote. And there'll be wasted votes all over the place until we get the country off FPTP and swtiched to something sensible like AMS or STV.

Depending on where a person is of course. Anyone voting for BXP or Green when they want leave/remain needs to check the votes in their area otherwise they may just be letting someone in who is even further from their own stance.

Brexit Party is not going to be a wasted vote, because if opinion polls are to be believed, the tories are going to landslide it, and they need to be kept honest or it's going to be a mess. Now Labour heartlands are going to vote away from labour due to Brexit and they would never vote Tory, so they will vote Brexit Party and there will be a few MP's from the Brexit Party and they will at least have a chance to keep them honest. SNP think they are the key to remain, but labour and lib dems are car crashes waiting to happen, so fingers crossed a leave majority gets in and this whole Brexit issue can be ended once and for all, but NOT Boris' shit deal. That's why you need Brexit Party MP's are needed.

Impulse_Response
Advanced Member

United States
724 posts
Impulse_Response has attended 1 event
Posted - 2019/11/24 :  09:58:37  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Impulse_Response's homepage  Reply with quote
The way I view the EU, highly simplified, it acts as a national government in which the EU nations are like states in the US. Maybe this is incorrect, but this is how I view it (e.g. passport-free movement, highly free trade, unified laws on certain issues, EU border nations being punished for blocking unauthorized migrants, etc.).

Do the UK and other EU nations want national sovereignty or not?

I'm drunk on Schnapps btw or I wouldn't post this.

djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2019/11/24 :  10:38:17  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage  Reply with quote
Like it or hate it, the EU wouldn't exist if there weren't some benefits to being a member.

I hope everything's lovely when we leave, but I have no idea what'll happen - and if 'experts' can't agree on the outcome who am I to say?

LeVzi
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
944 posts
Posted - 2019/11/26 :  06:18:17  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit LeVzi's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Impulse_Response:
The way I view the EU, highly simplified, it acts as a national government in which the EU nations are like states in the US. Maybe this is incorrect, but this is how I view it (e.g. passport-free movement, highly free trade, unified laws on certain issues, EU border nations being punished for blocking unauthorized migrants, etc.).

Do the UK and other EU nations want national sovereignty or not?

I'm drunk on Schnapps btw or I wouldn't post this.

You should drink it more often, because you are bang on. That's exactly how the EU works, and if anyone thinks that's a good idea, then i'd like to know why.

That asshat Guy Verhofstadt even made a speech on how all the countries must give up their soverrignty so the EU can be so much better. Basically means each member state will be totally controlled from Brussels.

I am British, I only answer to British Law unless I am in another country then I respect theirs. I would hand over jack sh1t to the EU.

Si Thompson
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,364 posts
Posted - 2019/12/05 :  02:53:15  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Si Thompson's homepage  Reply with quote
What's the predictions then? One week today.

Hung parliament, or Tory majority?

The Rave Music Archive
https://soundcloud.com/the_rave_music_archive
https://www.youtube.com/c/theravemusicarchive

Kool Katz Digital
https://soundcloud.com/kool-katz-digital

LeVzi
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
944 posts
Posted - 2019/12/05 :  06:19:58  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit LeVzi's homepage  Reply with quote
I'm leaning toward Tory majority, Corbyn has had some extremely bad times recently, and Swinson has been shown to be a complete idiot.

BP haven't really shown enough, but on a personal note I hope they get in here where I live.

But yeah, tories gonna get in with a majority, Johnson is popular for some reason.

Smoogie
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,483 posts
Posted - 2019/12/05 :  06:48:29  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Smoogie's homepage  Reply with quote
Polling predictions hint at a Tory majority. The Tories took a minor dip last week thanks to Corbyn's 'The NHS s going to be sold to the Americans' smear which was debunked straight away and now Trump has come out saying that he has no interest in the NHS.

There are also reports of leaked files from Corbyn that Corbyn somehow got his hands on. This story has been in the background but the BBC are refusing to touch it.

It is blatantly obvious that the BBC are biased in favour of Labour.

While some of the Labour gains in the polls are likely from them picking a few Lib Dem voters the Tories are still holding a steady lead against Labour. Compare that to polling in 2017 then the Tories should hopefully win.

MusicILove
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,255 posts
MusicILove is a site donation subscriber
Posted - 2019/12/05 :  07:41:30  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit MusicILove's homepage  Reply with quote
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2019/12/03/diane-abbotts-son-accused-assaulting-officer-outside-foreign/

It?s interesting how doctored papers from reddit created by the Russians can get talked about everywhere but some real news gets covered up. Clearly shows they are only willing to report on what suits them.

https://news.sky.com/story/general-election-leak-of-jeremy-corbyns-nhs-papers-raises-spectre-of-foreign-influence-11877000

My prediction is conservatives win majority. Brexit Party pick up a few. SMP loses more seats and Lib Dem?s lose seats because some of their current MP?s were elected to other parties

Edited by - MusicILove on 2019/12/05 08:00:54
Si Thompson
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,364 posts
Posted - 2019/12/05 :  12:16:48  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Si Thompson's homepage  Reply with quote
Sent my voting papers by post this morning.

The Rave Music Archive
https://soundcloud.com/the_rave_music_archive
https://www.youtube.com/c/theravemusicarchive

Kool Katz Digital
https://soundcloud.com/kool-katz-digital

Smoogie
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,483 posts
Posted - 2019/12/05 :  15:56:28  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Smoogie's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2019/12/03/diane-abbotts-son-accused-assaulting-officer-outside-foreign/

It?s interesting how doctored papers from reddit created by the Russians can get talked about everywhere but some real news gets covered up. Clearly shows they are only willing to report on what suits them.

https://news.sky.com/story/general-election-leak-of-jeremy-corbyns-nhs-papers-raises-spectre-of-foreign-influence-11877000

My prediction is conservatives win majority. Brexit Party pick up a few. SMP loses more seats and Lib Dem?s lose seats because some of their current MP?s were elected to other parties

Just looking at the BBC website it is full of pro Labour stories and anti Tory articles.

The Diane Abbot story is absent as is the Russian links and I don't think they have even thought of investigating potential voter fraud. Had it been the other way around and it was thought that the Tories where committing such fraud then we would never hear the end of it.

Labour get too much of an easy ride with the BBC

djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2019/12/05 :  16:55:52  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage  Reply with quote
You've totally made that up, most of what I've seen on the BBC has been the opposite.

Generally -

What the Tories are doing/promising

What labour aren't doing.

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 7 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.53 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page