Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 

All forums
 Music discussion - track ID request
 Late 00s God is a Girl Remix[myspace kandy kids?]
 Printer friendly

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
malice
Starting Member

United States
1 post
Posted - 2020/08/07 :  23:02:07  Show profile Send a private message
Hi everyone, made an account just to find this.

I'm looking for a mid-to-late 00s happy hardcore remix of Groove Coverage's God is a Girl with pitched-up vocals. It was an mp3 that was circulating among my friends in 2007. I have no idea who did the mix.

For context, I'm talking about '07 era 12 yr old kandy kids here lol. It was definitely something we downloaded off myspace.

Of course, it is now impossible to track down. I've tried every combination of hhc+05/06/07+god is a girl, and all i get is a sea of fukking nightcore 🙃. No thank you.

This is crazy to me. This remix was the god damn anthem, right up there with forever young. Every kandy kid had it in their myspace playlist. My teenage mp3 library died when my old computer died, but I know one of you has it in a 20 gigabyte EDM library somewhere.

This was a weird chapter in my adolescence, but I've been enjoying revisiting these HHC hits. It's nostalgic stuff, huh.

Alert moderator

Edited by - malice on 2020/08/07 23:03:32
Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,072 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2020/08/08 :  08:42:10  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage
Have you heard it? easist would be to guess who it was made by if you remember how the track sounded like

Based on the vocals, it could be something s3rl surely would have remixed.

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Rhoobarb2005

Afghanistan
82 posts
Posted - 2020/08/09 :  19:00:06  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Rhoobarb2005's homepage
The issue with it being a early to mid 00's social media pass-around, there was so many teenagers taking normal dance/trance/techno tracks, and just speeding them up in whatever sound program and calling it "Happy Hardcore" sometimes even marking themselves as the artist or remixer. The amount of drek my teenage kids listened to on myspace during thoe early to mid 00's labelled happy hardcore, when it was just x,y or z track from another genre, pitched up in AtomixMP3/VirtualDJ.

I would hear it and say, "Why did they just speed up "insert proper track title and artist here"?" And they would just say, "Uh-uh, it's "Someone Else's Song Pitched Up" by Lame Kid With a Cracked Copy of Sound Forge, ERMEGERD you're so old!!". And I would just roll my eyes, and mutter how it really isn't.

Aaaaaanyway, there seems to be quite a few remixes of this track.

Might be worth listening to some of the non-hhc remixes on youtube and setting the playback speed to 1.25x or higher. See if anything rings a bell.

Edited by - Rhoobarb2005 on 2020/08/09 19:06:23
Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,072 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2020/08/09 :  19:12:28  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Rhoobarb2005:
The issue with it being a early to mid 00's social media pass-around, there was so many teenagers taking normal dance/trance/techno tracks, and just speeding them up in whatever sound program and calling it "Happy Hardcore" sometimes even marking themselves as the artist or remixer. The amount of drek my teenage kids listened to on myspace during thoe early to mid 00's labelled happy hardcore, when it was just x,y or z track from another genre, pitched up in AtomixMP3/VirtualDJ.

I would hear it and say, "Why did they just speed up "insert proper track title and artist here"?" And they would just say, "Uh-uh, it's "Someone Else's Song Pitched Up" by Lame Kid With a Cracked Copy of Sound Forge, ERMEGERD you're so old!!". And I would just roll my eyes, and mutter how it really isn't.

Might be worth listening to some of the non-hhc remixes on youtube and setting the playback speed to 1.25x or higher. See if anything rings a bell.

Not that people who like Nightcore are any different for the last 7 or so years :P

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

Rhoobarb2005

Afghanistan
82 posts
Posted - 2020/08/09 :  19:28:59  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Rhoobarb2005's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
quote:
Originally posted by Rhoobarb2005:

Not that people who like Nightcore are any different for the last 7 or so years :P

Malibu Stacey with a new hat.

TBH I have not listened to any nightcore beyond a few seconds here and there if youtube decides I absolutely must listen to one. Not my cup of tea at all. It sounds a bit too 'kiddy-fied'. Something about it just does not sit well with me. Like being a grown man listening to nursery rhymes. Like a bit creepy.

I would rather go the complete other way and Paulstretch some tracks

Edited by - Rhoobarb2005 on 2020/08/09 19:30:33
Rhoobarb2005

Afghanistan
82 posts
Posted - 2020/08/09 :  19:40:44  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Rhoobarb2005's homepage
Something like this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlbiwR_TV8c

Which is just the Axel Konrad remix, sped up and a bit of phasing here and there. And then have the cheek to call it the Dj G?bor Remix.

Edited by - Rhoobarb2005 on 2020/08/09 19:44:22

New PostPost Reply
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 0.98 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page