Printer friendly
Page: 
of 4

Author Thread  
whispering

Finland
8,452 posts
whispering has donated money to the site
Posted - 2020/10/24 :  09:29:10  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit whispering's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
We're still waiting to see if a 2nd wave of the virus will hit Sweden.

We've had a milder lockdown and used herd immunity, and so far, we've done far better (after the initial stage, were everyone feared Sweden would become a hivenest of ill people) than most other countries.

Sweden still is the hivenest of ill people. Just not from Covid ;)
Seriously though, i always found it ironic when people criticized Sweden's response, when its the only country where experts instead of politicians make the decisions.

Due to my lifestyle i haven't had really any impact from Covid. I now work at home though, which has been great.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
LeVzi
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
944 posts
Posted - 2020/10/26 :  04:33:11  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit LeVzi's homepage  Reply with quote
Be thankful most of you don't live here in Wales. They've gone insane here. 2 weeks FULL lockdown, and they've banned the sale of non essential stuff in the shops like clothing, etc.

"I'm expected to work from home, but I can't buy printer paper" , that was quote of the year for me, shows how fking stupid the Welsh Government are.

Drakeford , the first minister, is risking a backlash, maybe a violent one, if he continues this , he's already talking about banning Christmas (He's banned Halloween and Bonfire night) and he's talking about another "Fire Break" lockdown in January / Febuary.

There are videos online of people ripping down the coverings of non essential items, and others walking in , in their pants (Clothes are non essential right ? ) and the sad thing is, the people in the shops are taking the abuse and its not their fault.

The drunken scotsman
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,486 posts
Posted - 2020/10/26 :  08:39:14  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit The drunken scotsman's homepage  Reply with quote
Much the same up here in Scotland. Not to the extent of banning sale of non-essential items but similar lockdown measures. Theyve also introduced a 5 tier system because the three tier system in England wasnt confusing enough.

Personally Im getting fed up of the lies. Sturgeon initially claimed we would be having a circuit breaker lockdown for 2 weeks. To nobodies surprise it got extended by a week, and now theyve introduced the tier system so basically when the circuit breaker is done things will be the same anyway. Treating us like kids.

Absolutely shambolic handling of this second wave all over Europe with the obvious exception of Sweden.

whispering

Finland
8,452 posts
Posted - 2020/10/26 :  11:12:06  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit whispering's homepage  Reply with quote
Been a bit surprised about the response in all the english speaking countries.
Here if they want to do that type of measures, they first have to declare State of emergency, and its narrowly defined what constitutes an emergency and what measures they can take, the law is mostly for war time.
They used it last spring to ban large gatherings and to quarantine Helsinki area from the rest of Finland, which TBH could have been made permanent ;)

LeVzi
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
944 posts
Posted - 2020/10/27 :  06:42:28  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit LeVzi's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by The drunken scotsman:
Much the same up here in Scotland. Not to the extent of banning sale of non-essential items but similar lockdown measures. Theyve also introduced a 5 tier system because the three tier system in England wasnt confusing enough.

Personally Im getting fed up of the lies. Sturgeon initially claimed we would be having a circuit breaker lockdown for 2 weeks. To nobodies surprise it got extended by a week, and now theyve introduced the tier system so basically when the circuit breaker is done things will be the same anyway. Treating us like kids.

Absolutely shambolic handling of this second wave all over Europe with the obvious exception of Sweden.

I have to be honest, watching Wee Nippy is painful. She's as clueless as Drakeford is here. 5 tier system ? wtf. That's ridiculous.

The 2 week "Fire Break" as they call it, was just the start, Drakeford is already warning for another in Jan/Feb, and when we come out of lockdown, apparently rules will continue. People are really starting to lose their patience here.

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,073 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2020/10/27 :  20:13:39  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
Kinda hard NOT treating people on the british isles as children when they are morons, just eclipsed by the morons in the united states.

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

Impulse_Response
Advanced Member

United States
724 posts
Impulse_Response has attended 1 event
Posted - 2020/10/28 :  04:51:30  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Impulse_Response's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Kinda hard NOT treating people on the british isles as children when they are morons, just eclipsed by the morons in the united states.

Lol I'm pretty sure Europe's per capita rates are higher than ours right now

LeVzi
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
944 posts
Posted - 2020/10/28 :  06:51:20  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit LeVzi's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:

So why are we morons and those in the USA bigger morons, I assume this is a political reference ?

The drunken scotsman
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,486 posts
Posted - 2020/10/28 :  07:06:17  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit The drunken scotsman's homepage  Reply with quote
People arent happy and that is understandable as this virus is really not that bad. If you ask a bunch of scientists how we stop the spread of a virus, of course they are going to advise that people stay apart and take action to stop people gathering as much. That does not mean that the government has to do it however. They are not taking account of the bigger picture and the vast majority of people are suffering because of it. Take a look at the stats. As brutal as it might sound the people dying are mostly in the 70 + category but it is everyone below that is going to have to pay in the longer term.

It really pisses me off that those in charge making these rules say they are doing it to protect the health service. If they had spent some of the money that has been wasted so far responding to Covid, on actually funding the health service properly over the last few years then we would be in a much stronger position.

Impulse_Response
Advanced Member

United States
724 posts
Impulse_Response has attended 1 event
Posted - 2020/10/28 :  07:33:45  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Impulse_Response's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Take a look at the stats. As brutal as it might sound the people dying are mostly in the 70 + category but it is everyone below that is going to have to pay in the longer term.

But actually checking the footnotes is cheating!

LeVzi
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
944 posts
Posted - 2020/10/29 :  06:44:06  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit LeVzi's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
People arent happy and that is understandable as this virus is really not that bad. If you ask a bunch of scientists how we stop the spread of a virus, of course they are going to advise that people stay apart and take action to stop people gathering as much. That does not mean that the government has to do it however. They are not taking account of the bigger picture and the vast majority of people are suffering because of it. Take a look at the stats. As brutal as it might sound the people dying are mostly in the 70 + category but it is everyone below that is going to have to pay in the longer term.

It really pisses me off that those in charge making these rules say they are doing it to protect the health service. If they had spent some of the money that has been wasted so far responding to Covid, on actually funding the health service properly over the last few years then we would be in a much stronger position.

The biggest problem I have is they are NOT protecting the elderly at all. They are not shielding them properly AND sending them home to care homes from hospital without testing them. At lot of the time thats why care homes were devastated.

I dont trust these advisors anymore I think they are incompetants, the WHO are saying one thing, and Whitty and that other guy are saying something else. Whos giving directions. At the beginning it was all about the WHO, now they dont seem to matter.

whispering

Finland
8,452 posts
Posted - 2020/10/29 :  10:28:33  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit whispering's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by LeVzi:
I dont trust these advisors anymore I think they are incompetants, the WHO are saying one thing, and Whitty and that other guy are saying something else. Whos giving directions. At the beginning it was all about the WHO, now they dont seem to matter.

WHO is more or less an extension of China's propaganda department. It became apparent in the beginning of the pandemic (the real beginning, not when WHO said it became one).

Smoogie
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,480 posts
Posted - 2020/10/29 :  13:11:32  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Smoogie's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Be thankful most of you don't live here in Wales. They've gone insane here. 2 weeks FULL lockdown, and they've banned the sale of non essential stuff in the shops like clothing, etc.

"I'm expected to work from home, but I can't buy printer paper" , that was quote of the year for me, shows how fking stupid the Welsh Government are.

Drakeford , the first minister, is risking a backlash, maybe a violent one, if he continues this , he's already talking about banning Christmas (He's banned Halloween and Bonfire night) and he's talking about another "Fire Break" lockdown in January / Febuary.

There are videos online of people ripping down the coverings of non essential items, and others walking in , in their pants (Clothes are non essential right ? ) and the sad thing is, the people in the shops are taking the abuse and its not their fault.

There is a reason why it is going wrong in Wales and that can be explained in the three words below:

The Labour Party

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,073 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2020/10/29 :  14:50:31  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
Didn't know Bojo was in Labour?

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

LeVzi
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
944 posts
Posted - 2020/10/30 :  06:40:12  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit LeVzi's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by whispering:
quote:

WHO is more or less an extension of China's propaganda department. It became apparent in the beginning of the pandemic (the real beginning, not when WHO said it became one).

It's not what they are saying as I think WHO are a joke, and definitely in collusion with China to cover this up. I meant the double standards of the people claiming to listen to them then completely ignore them for their own agenda.

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 4 pages long: 1  2  3  4
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.2 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page