Printer friendly
Page: 
of 5

Author Thread  
Triquatra

United Kingdom
12,635 posts
Triquatra is a site donation subscriber Triquatra has attended 26 events
Posted - 2022/11/14 :  16:46:38  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Triquatra's homepage  Reply with quote
Scene will remain little. Tiny handful of producers releasing stuff whilst also ghost producing stuff for the others.

That's about the large and small of it.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Craig Cairney

United Kingdom
137 posts
Posted - 2022/11/16 :  21:03:53  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Craig Cairney's homepage  Reply with quote
Hopefully stop seeing names on lineups that haven't contributed to the growth of the genre in years.

Edited by - Craig Cairney on 2022/11/17 14:19:00
caloldur

United States
52 posts
caloldur has attended 11 events
Posted - 2022/11/18 :  01:13:31  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit caloldur's homepage  Reply with quote
Hardcore is definitely on the rise here in Northwest corner of the United States. I'm optimistic for 2023

Winterlake

United Kingdom
33 posts
Posted - 2022/12/02 :  12:30:37  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Winterlake's homepage  Reply with quote
Adding to this, certainly there is atonnes of really strong music coming out now and events are certainly picking back up.

Hardcore is def on the up again.

Some need to let go of the Clubland-era, that is dead, but a new era is now growing, and its brilliant!

Listen here: https://soundcloud.com/alstorm/winterlake-thunderclap-everytime-you-fall-radio-edit

Buy here: https://snd.click/thunderclap

Please support new hardcore in 2022 :)

jenks
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,682 posts

19 hardcore releases
jenks has attended 1 event
Posted - 2022/12/02 :  21:47:46  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit jenks's homepage  Reply with quote
Frenchcore takeover.

caloldur

United States
52 posts
caloldur has attended 11 events
Posted - 2022/12/18 :  21:36:18  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit caloldur's homepage  Reply with quote
Given the trend upwards of the searches for hardstyle on google. I'm assuming that interest in happy hardcore will increase during 2023. We will probably see more and more new people dipping their hands in the harder genres. From a regional perspective, Seattle has a new event company that is focusing on happy hardcore so hopefully the once strong beacon of the hardcore scene will return.

This is all speculation though.

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,072 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2022/12/19 :  04:01:24  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
just because hardstyle gets more searches [again], it doesn't mean that [happy] hardcore does. I knew many people in the mid 2010's who liked hardstyle but didn't like hardcore (or happy/uk hardcore)

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

Compulsion

United States
253 posts
Compulsion is verified hardcore artist Compulsion has attended 4 events
Posted - 2022/12/22 :  13:51:53  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit Compulsion's homepage  Reply with quote
Some HHC events in Poland would be lovely.

Archefluxx
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,112 posts
Archefluxx has attended 2 events
Posted - 2022/12/24 :  01:32:04  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Archefluxx's homepage  Reply with quote
I would love to see more projects like Together 2022, taking classic Hardcore tracks and having modern day DJ's from other genres remix them. It's the sort of project I would love to see take shape with post-2000 Hardcore.

I've rambled a few months back about crowdfunded projects that paid for commissioned remixes by established producers with large followings in sister genres to remix popular modern Hardcore tracks. The outcome would be a commercially low risk product made accessible to a larger fan base. Wider benefit would be new sets of ears hearing Hardcore music and having a route in.

I personally would love an Echo Inada remix of something like Dark & Light (Setting Sun). Dope Ammo of Make it Werk. Possibilities are endless, really.

Sparkz_LuckyStrike

United Kingdom
45 posts
Posted - 2022/12/24 :  02:53:05  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Sparkz_LuckyStrike's homepage  Reply with quote
Probably will be more of the same old. Waiting around for releases that never happen. Hoping it returns to how it was. Another disappointing year guaranteed.

Edited by - Sparkz_LuckyStrike on 2022/12/24 04:02:38
warped_candykid
Advanced Member

United States
3,934 posts
warped_candykid has attended 5 events
Posted - 2022/12/24 :  06:40:42  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit warped_candykid's homepage  Reply with quote
I've noticed a lot of Kniteforce being released on Juno lately, including new tracks from DJ Ham. Could this be a sign that the 1993-1994 sound is returning?

Being Stateside, I find it hard to find a solid community of followers. It was so easy back in the day to feel involved & "in the know" of what was going on around the States. The more FB groups we create, the more we stretch the fandom, but hey, that's the new way it seems.

The drunken scotsman
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,486 posts
Posted - 2022/12/24 :  07:12:20  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit The drunken scotsman's homepage  Reply with quote
I predict it will be another year further away from when hardcore was decent. My only connection to hardcore these days is this forum and I come on here about once every 3 months these days. That and the occasional Friday night rave in my living room if I happen to be pished when I get back from a night out and turn on YouTube for the weekly DJ-C Rave anywhere stream (superb by the way)

Just realised that 2022 marks 20 years since my interest in hardcore began. And about 6-7 years since it ended in all honesty.

Edited by - The drunken scotsman on 2022/12/24 07:19:33
Mental_Adam
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
842 posts
Posted - 2022/12/26 :  23:49:25  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Mental_Adam's homepage  Reply with quote
Nothing but Nostalgia for the hardcore genre for 2023...

the genre gotta go back to it's roots and not bother trying to adapt to this soul-less era in time and music

it's great as many dedicated uploaders of the hardcore past on youtube and lots of the djs etc doing sets on occassions.

but nah, nothing gonna happen.... The genre still suffering from the commercial push and clubland stuff.

Vladel
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,514 posts
Posted - 2022/12/29 :  20:58:29  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Vladel's homepage  Reply with quote
Great music will still be held back from release while all the shit gets pumped out. There are great songs out there but the labels have their thumbs up their arses as usual.

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,072 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2022/12/30 :  04:05:27  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by warped_candykid:
I've noticed a lot of Kniteforce being released on Juno lately, including new tracks from DJ Ham. Could this be a sign that the 1993-1994 sound is returning?

Being Stateside, I find it hard to find a solid community of followers. It was so easy back in the day to feel involved & "in the know" of what was going on around the States. The more FB groups we create, the more we stretch the fandom, but hey, that's the new way it seems.

No? Because it never left...

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 5 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 2.45 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page